Nitroseed's Survivor Series Tournament

nitroseed

Welcome to the inaugural Survivor Series Tournament, sponsored by yours truly, Nitroseed!

So, I suppose you're wondering what this is all about. You might even be groaning, and muttering things like, "oh for the love of peanuts, not another contest." Well, this isn't just another contest. This is breaking new ground that we've never tread upon. We all know that there are great individual designers on this board. That's been proven over and over...

...but how well do you work together? That, my friends, is the basis for the Survivor Series Tournament. Here is how it works:

[Rules edited as of 3:30pm EST, 6/25/04. Changes noted in red.]

[Rules edited as of 5:10pm EST, 6/25/04. Changes noted in blue.]

The tournament will consist of eight teams. Each team will consist of three individuals, therefore there are 24 openings. Each team will be paired up against an opposing team for a match. The match will consist of a series of rounds. Each team will be required to work together to submit an entry for each round. After both entries have been received for a round, the general public will vote, and a winner will be declared. Now, here is the twist: the team who wins each round will be allowed to eliminate a member of the opposing team. Once eliminated, that player will no longer be allowed to collaborate with his team for the duration of the match. The match will continue until all members of one team have been eliminated. The winning teams from the opening round will advance to the semifinals, then to the Championship, etc.

So, how do you form a team, you ask? Well, here's the other catch. If you are interested in competing in this tournament, declare that fact in this thread. There will be no limit on how many people can enter. You have until 12:00pm EST tomorrow to enter. Now, if you remember, I said there are only 24 openings. Well, this is how I will choose the teams: I will take the names of all entrants, place them in a hat, and the team members will be selected at random. Only the first 24 names drawn from the hat will be allowed to participate. You will not be allowed to choose your teammates. It's all luck of the draw.

If you are not selected for a team, you will be placed in the Alternates Pool. If someone is forced to drop out of the competition, their team will be designated (at random) a player from the Alternates Pool.

If you are unable to create your own logos and uniforms (you must be able to create both; in other words, create an original concept by yourself in Paint or Illustrator or FreeHand), then you are ineligible for this competition. Every participant must be able to compete on an individual basis in the event that they are the sole member left on a team.

Once everyone has entered, I will conduct the drawing tomorrow afternoon, and announce the teams on this thread, as well as a website that I will be constructing for the purposes of this tournament. In order to avoid clutter with numerous threads dedicated to this competition, I will post all pertinent information about the contest on the website, and I will make basic announcements in this thread. Just to clarify: all announcements about this tournament will be limited to this thread only. Please do not start new threads for voting or round entries. Also, please limit discussion of entries, matches, etc. to this thread only.

If you have any questions, post them in this thread and I'll do my best to address them.

So... are you excited? :D If you are, then sign on the proverbial dotted line, and we'll see if you have what it takes to survive!

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If some one's willing to have someone on board that has extremely limited artistic skills but can hopefully make some good suggestions, I'm on board. I really wish I could have been blessed with the artistic skills that all of you have.

starpoint.pngclippers.pngbullsnew.gif

I'm in

Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% about how you react to it.
App State Mountaineers / Alabama Crimson Tide / Atlanta Braves / New York Jets / Atlanta Hawks
"If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards." [Bear Bryant]
Redmond Rampage

I'm in for this...

Should be fun.. great Idea, Nitro

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

I'm game, sounds like fun. Intriguing concept for a challenge. My only concern is the honor system. How do we prove that the team is working as a team and once a member is voted off that the designer is hands off? Not to rain on anyone's parade. Do you have a plan to possibly post the evolution of the logo as it is passed around from team member to team member?

I'd like to be in. I will be away from my computer from this afternoon until late Sunday night, so if the events commence Sunday or Monday I can put good effort into it (especially if my G5 dual 2gig comes in :D)

Back-to-Back Fatal Forty Champion 2015 & 2016

I'm game, sounds like fun. Intriguing concept for a challenge. My only concern is the honor system. How do we prove that the team is working as a team and once a member is voted off that the designer is hands off? Not to rain on anyone's parade. Do you have a plan to possibly post the evolution of the logo as it is passed around from team member to team member?

Yahoo! Conferencing.

Spurs2017_HomeSignature.png.d781df3b4d5c0e482d74d6a47c072475.pngDortmund2017_HomeSignature.png.277fd43b7b71e5d54e4c655f30c9a1e6.png

Archived