Nitroseed's Survivor Series Tournament

nitroseed

Well, the honor system will have to work. I'm just going to have to ask you guys to please be cooperative and don't bend the rules. I know that's about as effective as spitting in the wind, but I'm counting on you guys to play fairly and abide by the guidelines. I know all of you are mature enough to do that without someone having to babysit your progress. Besides, the method I'm going to use for voting will discourage any public involvement in the design.

Also, a side note, if I can get 32 people to enter, then I will increase the team number to 8.

Oh, and as for the commencement of the competition, it won't begin until at least Thursday. I want to allow proper time for the Iron Crossover and the few other competitions going on to be focused on. I also want some time to set this whole thing up as well before it starts.

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Well, the honor system will have to work. I'm just going to have to ask you guys to please be cooperative and don't bend the rules. I know that's about as effective as spitting in the wind, but I'm counting on you guys to play fairly and abide by the guidelines. I know all of you are mature enough to do that without someone having to babysit your progress. Besides, the method I'm going to use for voting will discourage any public involvement in the design.

Oh I trust that everyone participating would be trustworthy. I can't think of any other way besides the honor system to tell you the truth. Just a thought that popped to mind. You are a brave man to devise such a challenge. Looking forward to the draw.

Quick question, if a team finally makes to the next round with just 1 member left on his team, would the team only be able to compete in the final round with the same team that was left from the end of the previous round?

Doh!

A question: how long does a round last?

Well, to put it very simply, I don't know yet. I have to find a comfortable window for both development and voting, because if given too much time, this tournament could easily run for longer than a year, which is far too long. I'm going to work on some of the details in the next day or two. My main objective was to gauge interest with this thread and get teams set up so that you all have time to work out scheduling issues and means of contact before the competition starts. This is going to require serious time management and planning, so I want to get this right the first time.

Quick question, if a team finally makes to the next round with just 1 member left on his team, would the team only be able to compete in the final round with the same team that was left from the end of the previous round?

Each team that advances will start every new match with all four members available, regardless of how many "survived" the last match.

Each team that advances will start every new match with all four members available, regardless of how many "survived" the last match.

So, its like Dodgeball....

Everybody back in for the next game.

(Everyone go see the movie)

NCFA Sunset Beach Tech - Octopi

ΓΔΒ!

Going to college gets you closer to the real world, kind of like climbing a tree gets you closer to the moon.

"...a nice illustration of what you get when skill, talent, and precedent are deducted from 'creativity.' " - James Howard Kunstler

Archived