I wish I had found this original artwork of Brownie much, much sooner :(. Hope you can use it for reference someday. The leprechaun and bulldog are captivating!

Elwood, you've got some great resources! These are great pics, wish I would've had them when I did the brownie logo. I usually just do a google search to help me out when needed but don't like spending to much time researching. Thanks for posting them! now I just may have to go back to the drawing board with this one.

Thanks Ren! I'm glad I could help. I just have fun finding these, almost like searching for the holy grail of logos. Is there such a logo? I mostly use Google in a couple languages, Bing and TinEye for better results. Here's one artwork I randomly found while looking for Brownie that you and everyone might enjoy:

$T2eC16hHJHEE9ny2tld1BRNqM6sCvg~~60_57.J

6f464e55-6abd-4e92-8ed3-55294054cd9a_zps4cb745f0-396d-406b-aa2d-41a0409c5d7a_zps21dbccf3-aad2-4b7e-8950-645ef30f9d11_zps

throwing this one out there if for any reason we can get it uploaded to the mothership in the CHL section.

better view of how the logo should look.

Damn this takes me back...

sadly they folded long before I moved down here. I've seen the brahmas but missed out on the Fire. I've only heard stories from a friend and various business partners I have down here. I am surprised it's not on the site. Every other team that existed is though

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

Ren, I just wanted to let you know that I started using the Lafayette logo on a Lafayette message board and was told it is the . . .

Best. Retro. Avatar. Ever.

• Like 1

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

NebraskaCornhuskers1.png

My goodness, the Ns on that logo.

I always think of that logo as some guy from out in North Platte making his first business trip into the big city. . . . Omaha, here we come!

• Like 2

Most Liked Content of the Day -- February 15, 2017, August 21, 2017, August 22, 2017     /////      Proud Winner of the CCSLC Post of the Day Award -- April 8, 2008

Originator of the Upside Down Sarcasm Smilie -- November 1, 2005  🙃

I would love to see your take on a modern version of Colonel Reb.

edaa4021-6c1f-45b0-b10d-88de59505bdf_zps

Speaking of the Colonel; weren't they going to drop him and go with a black bear a few years ago? What happened with that?

Yes, unfortunately they did drop him. But around campus he is still the favorite of a vast majority of students, and the main logo seen hanging in the Grove at tailgates. The official visual identity of the university athletics is almost exclusively the script Ole Miss for everything.

jajtww.jpg

I would love to see your take on a modern version of Colonel Reb.

edaa4021-6c1f-45b0-b10d-88de59505bdf_zps

Speaking of the Colonel; weren't they going to drop him and go with a black bear a few years ago? What happened with that?

Didn't they go with a "Rebel Shark"? Could've sworn they did. Would be an interesting update to see with Colonel Reb.

spacer.png

84p0o3A.png

Didn't they go with a "Rebel Shark"? Could've sworn they did. Would be an interesting update to see with Colonel Reb.

No they went with the black bear. But just as an on field mascot, and kids merchandise. I would have to say he is not very popular among the students. There is still a Colonel Reb that frequents the grove, no university affiliation, that takes Rebel's (The name of the black bear) thunder.

jajtww.jpg