So I've been doing some digging and came across a few logos that I think would be cool to see.

I'm still in love with this NFL Yanks logo, and would love to see what it would look like updated:

AAFC-YANKEES.jpgitem_4709.jpgfootball_Yankees.gif$_35.JPG?set_id=880000500F

That search turned up some very interesting logos for the Baseball Yankees...

I LOVE this one, would love to see it:

54181g_lg.jpeg

7155b_lg.jpeg

That lead me to this Dodgers one, and later a Giants one!!

124093_lg.jpeg

pMLB2-11122770dt.jpg

37008c_pennants.jpg

I think these stadium logos could make a great set if someone wants to tackle it!!!

Anubis.png

Few more weird logos that turned up in my searches:

Never seen this version of the Yanks wordmark

54181f_lg.jpeg

interesting batter in front of tophat

wpe3B.jpg

Yankees logo without the wordmark

pMLB2-11122826dt.jpg

Blue bat (and in the wrong place)

yankees.jpg

Uncle Sam logo

15_7862a_lg.jpeg

Dodgers "Bum" logo

dodgerspennant.gif

BumsDodgersPennantResize.JPG

Different bums:

1941-brooklyn-dogers-pennant.jpg

4281b_lg.jpeg

Sorry, I know this is a ton, but I found all of these and figured that there's people here who care a lot about this stuff, and I couldn't let these great logos go unseen! I still love the NFL Yanks and the stadium logos the best by far though.

Anubis.png

So I've been doing some digging and came across a few logos that I think would be cool to see.

I'm still in love with this NFL Yanks logo, and would love to see what it would look like updated:

I made this one a while ago, please tell me if you like it or not. :)

vx7r.png

• Like 3

vx7r.png

Thats amazing!!!! Thank you!!

Yanks should sell stuff with this logo for the Pinstripe Bowl

Anubis.png

This was requested earlier. This is the file I have for this logo. I know there are two versions but I need to check to see if both were used on the uniform or just this one. ren69, you are doing an incredible job.

Philliespatch_1938alt.png

Wow, this thread is amazing. I just went through all 59 pages loving every bit of it.

Ren, you are awesome!

I'd love to see a modern take on the old Billings Bighorns of the WHL. Grew up loving going to those games.

Billings_Bighorns.png

There's a larger version (too big to post) here: http://www.dropthepucks.com/Fredericktown/images/WHL/Billings/81-82%20Billings%20rd%20logo.JPG

This was requested earlier. This is the file I have for this logo. I know there are two versions but I need to check to see if both were used on the uniform or just this one. ren69, you are doing an incredible job.

Philliespatch_1938alt.png

Anybody else think they look like they are tightrope walking? :)

vx7r.png

Thats amazing!!!! Thank you!!

Yanks should sell stuff with this logo for the Pinstripe Bowl

If you're going for an accurate re-creation (not sure if you are), then the k is a bit off. You have it as a bubble, when it's two lines.

On September 20, 2012 at 0:50 AM, 'CS85 said:

It's like watching the hellish undead creakily shuffling their way out of the flames of a liposuction clinic dumpster fire.

On February 19, 2012 at 9:30 AM, 'pianoknight said:

Story B: Red Wings go undefeated and score 100 goals in every game. They also beat a team comprised of Godzilla, the ghost of Abraham Lincoln, 2 Power Rangers and Betty White. Oh, and they played in the middle of Iraq on a military base. In the sand. With no ice. Santa gave them special sand-skates that allowed them to play in shorts and t-shirts in 115 degree weather. Jesus, Zeus and Buddha watched from the sidelines and ate cotton candy.

POTD 5/24/12, POTD 2/26/17

I actually had the NY Yankees logo bout 90% done for quite a while...just wasn't feeling it at the time so I kinda walked away from it if you will. I went ahead & finished it up today but still not really sold on it. I'll leave it up to you guys. :D

NYYankees.png

I love it!

Maybe try making the underbill (can we call it that?) light blue like this old logo?

333px-1940sYankeeLogo.svg.png

Actually, come to think of it, I don't think I've ever seen a good version of that old logo either...anyone feel up to it? I still think those stadium logos would be awesome too.

Anubis.png

After reading through 59 pages of this thread in one night I created an account just to post how amazing I think the work ren and the others on here do with the updates. Putting a modern touch on the classic logos sure makes them outshine pretty much any of the modern ones out there today.

Keep up the great work! Its a fantastic form of art for sports and logo junkies.

Edited by OzzyMH
  • Like 1

Virginia Squires

Kept the geometric design of the original with the simple shapes. I created a new version that included some color in the face and hands, and then tried a third version replacing the blue with black. Its not the traditional Squires colorway, but it has a cool look to it with the black.

Squires_zps244fb6c1.jpgSquires2_zps75e18db6.jpgSquires3_zps8b11cfbb.jpg

• Like 1