Hola amigos soy nuevo en el foro me encanta recoger diseñador ma les logotipos de la NCAA 'y me gustaría mostrar algunas contribuciones espero que les guste yo soy de Ecuador Saludos a todos

Bien venido al foro y muchas gracias por la contribucion, buen trabajo!

Thanks for all the props on my BYU logo guys, appreciate it! Though it would've been cool if they used my version, I totally understand why they would go with a design firm to do their logo restoration and if they did use my version for inspiration I'm not bothered by it at all...I'm actually flattered it looks a lot like mine, lol. If people outside these boards start to compare and question the two, they would be the one's who have to explain the similarities even though they both come from the same vintage logo. In the sports logos forum under hettinger's vintage college mascot logos thread someone posted the NEW logo with my version alongside it as the OLD original logo. So at the end of the day...it's all good to me!

EDIT: Just saw this SB NATION article on the BYU logo also using my version as the OLD & original for comparison with the NEW.

http://www.vanquishthefoe.com/byu-cougars-basketball/2014/11/13/7214877/updated-sailor-coug-byu-secondary-logo-all-sports

Kudos to you ren, for taking the high road on this...but I'm calling B.S. on the folks at BYU and Torch Creative.

One of two things happened...

1- Nobody was aware of, or saw your rendering...OR

2-They saw it, liked it, and pretty much just tweaked your work.

The works are too similar for me to believe the first option, so I'm saying that the latter was probably the case.

As Delayed Penalty observed...both works are "tracings" of an existing logo, so they will be similar.

However, even in tracings, there's a hundred different ways to render it.

I find that the weight and style of the lines, and the treatments of certain areas are just too similar to be coincidental.

So, what would be the big deal for them to man-up, and admit that they were influenced by your excellent work, and give you some credit for this new product.

That would be the right thing to do.

Thanks Sparky! I doubt they would ever admit using my version as their reference if in fact they did use it.