Titans / Oilers mash-up

oldschoolvikings

I've always loved the classic Houston Oilers' "luv ya blue" uniform... easily one of the best, if not the best, uniforms in NFL history. Here is a version of the Tennessee Titans uniform that tries to harken back to the Oiler look. Let me know what you think.

ajunk_zps5dcb3b98.png

What I've tried to do is keep the spirit of the Houston uniform, while adding a bit of the Titans' navy blue... here is the old Oilers uni for reference.

dan_pastorini_1978_12_31.jpg

This is a great looking concept. From a personal standpoint though it lacks my two favorite elements from the Oiler days - the derrick and the silver blue helmets. Obviously the derrick wouldn't work but the silver blue was a very cool look.

!Bnr,4tgCGk~$(KGrHqQOKkQEtlw9F-FVBLkeheR

92512B20-6264-4E6C-AAF2-7A1D44E9958B-481-00000047E259721F.jpeg

This is a great looking concept. From a personal standpoint though it lacks my two favorite elements from the Oiler days - the derrick and the silver blue helmets. Obviously the derrick wouldn't work but the silver blue was a very cool look.

!Bnr,4tgCGk~$(KGrHqQOKkQEtlw9F-FVBLkeheR

yeah, but they're NOT the Oilers. No matter how much a lot of people want that, they'll never BE the Oilers. It's a fauxback that is inspired by the franchise history, i.e. the Oilers, but anything using that logo would change the team, and that's not the point.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Wow, you're right. And that's why my post said, "Obviously the derrick wouldn't work..."

Sorry. Missed that. I guess I kinda went "Why would someone suggest the Oilers' old logo?! I must fix this! *tappity tap tap tap on keyboard*" without reading the rest of the post.

I'll respect any opinion that you can defend.

Archived