2014-15 Soccer Kits & News (too early? nah)

Conrad.

ugh those are bad.... should have just used the chevrolet word mark or the logo with out colour, something like this chevrolet_logo_decal_1.jpg

What makes it even more stupid is that I'm pretty sure GM has pulled the Chevy brand from the UK/EU market....marketing 101 fail.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What makes it even more stupid is that I'm pretty sure GM has pulled the Chevy brand from the UK/EU market....marketing 101 fail.

The UK and European markets often aren't the key focus with these sponsorships, though - increasingly they're being used to target south east Asian countries, where the appetite for Premier League football is huge and matches draw huge TV audiences. I think China/south east Asia is one of Chevrolet's key markets so allying themselves with one of the Premier League's top clubs - and one that's hugely popular in that part of the world - would be an attractive opportunity.

It's a common sight now to see the electronic hoardings at Premier League grounds displaying ads in south east Asian languages - sat in the stands I don't have a clue what they're saying but then they're certainly not trying to shift a product to me.

Those united shirts are absolutely terrible, that Chevy logo is one of the worst sponsorships I have ever seen. You expect a bad sponsor from a low division or small club but not from them.

How is Chevy a "bad sponsor"? Or were you just speaking to the quality of the logo used on the shirts?

Yeah I meant that it is a bad looking sponsor. I especially hate the shading, chrome look and dots on the gold. The black and white chevy logo posted above would actually look very good but this ruins the shirt.

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

An outline of the new logo for Australian Champions Brisbane Roar is on the ipaustralia website so it's probably a good clue to the final layout (albeit with different fonts, colours etc).

http://pericles.ipaustralia.gov.au/tmimages/cgi-bin/get_tmi_image.pl?list=1619414.1&resolution=med

liverpool-1.png

An outline of the new logo for Australian Champions Brisbane Roar is on the ipaustralia website so it's probably a good clue to the final layout (albeit with different fonts, colours etc).

http://pericles.ipaustralia.gov.au/tmimages/cgi-bin/get_tmi_image.pl?list=1619414.1&resolution=med

Wow, looks... different! But I like it.

Another look at Bayern.

bayern-nouveau-maillot-2015.jpg

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

That new Brisbane logo is a downgrade. The previous logo jumped out at you. The new one says I'm a Bavarian beer company.

I've always had a slight problem with their current logo so the change is welcomed by me. I like the return to a more classic/traditional emblem which says 'football' more than the surplus of plasticy, corporate, family friendly logos that got churned out at the beginning of the A-League.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

Bayern's away kit has been leaked:

original.jpg

That Bayern away kit is a nice change from their current away strips. It is simple but has a lot of Bayern club history steepped in it.

Bayern Munich is going to look so classy next year. That clash jersey is fantastic.

Dissapointed in the logo change of Brisbane. Brisbane had one of my favorite crests in the league. I guess the A-league is experiencing their "europianization" right now like the MLS did not too long ago.

A first look at the Bayern socks. So the bottom is white and the top is red and blue. I look so forward to see what it looks like on the field this weekend.

bayern-neue-heimtrikot-2015.jpg

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

That Chevrolet logo looks almost 3D on that jersey, yuck. The word mark isn't needed either, please hope that isn't the final kit. If not, I'm not sure what could make those look acceptable.

my only hope is that the leak is a bad asian knock off!

when i was in thailand last year they had tons of counterfeit jerseys with the chevrolet logo on them but not one of them looked as bad as that does! I hope this is just a bad one that someone has seen and leaked

That's what Köln will wear in the next Bundesliga season. Erima is such a nice supplier. They need more teams!

New+1.+FC+Koln+14-15+Home+Kit+(4).jpgNew+1.+FC+Koln+14-15+Home+Kit+(1).jpg

I just found out that this is based on a kit they wore in 1966/67:

fck%F6ln-67-118.jpg

That Köln shirt has just managed to become slightly more ace. :)

I'm liking Bayern's look overall, but I'm not convinced by the amount of white on those socks...

Archived