2014-15 Soccer Kits & News (too early? nah)

Conrad.

Fo real? What were they thinking?

WEST HAM

OK, someone needs to educate me here because I don't really see anything wrong with the West Ham kit.
Me neither. IMO, it's simple and clean.

Without blue sleeves and white shorts it just doesn't seem right.

Jaffa is right.

Refering to the ever reliable source of kitclassics you will see why

SOURCE

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fo real? What were they thinking?

WEST HAM

OK, someone needs to educate me here because I don't really see anything wrong with the West Ham kit.
Me neither. IMO, it's simple and clean.

Without blue sleeves and white shorts it just doesn't seem right.

Jaffa is right.

Refering to the ever reliable source of kitclassics you will see why

SOURCE

Makes sense why people are a little upset about it

Yeah - in a league where uniforms have an announced shelf life, the basic color schemes are important. The way the uniform is put together takes on very great significance.

Arsenal is a red shirt with white sleeves and shorts. Nike went away from that a couple years ago, and the fans hated it.

West Ham is a claret shirt with light blue sleeves. This shirt isn't bad, but it isn't West Ham.

They're ostensibly 'own brand' but I don't know if a regular manufacturer is just making them unbranded for Southampton.

Anyway, good to see them back in their proper stripes. :)

The Saints are finally back in stripes! Don't they have a kit supplier anymore?

I have read several articles about them being dropped by Adidas but never any ones about a new supplier. The release on their website mentions words such as 'bespoke' and 'unique'. Plus other (non-official) websites have mentioned 'in-house' in their release stories.

Either way, stripes are good but I am not too keen on the socks.

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

Ah ok. I don't like kits without supplier logos at all. Always looks like a cheap fake jersey to me. But the kit itself looks good for Southampton.

Heres also AZ Alkmaar:

alkmmar-thuisshirt-2015.jpeg

And 1860 Munich:

501001.jpg

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

Roma last year had their own brand and was a really nice looking kit. The Southampton one is just brilliant. Maybe going bespoke is the way forward for clubs.

glory10.png

The Saints are finally back in stripes! Don't they have a kit supplier anymore?

I have read several articles about them being dropped by Adidas but never any ones about a new supplier. The release on their website mentions words such as 'bespoke' and 'unique'. Plus other (non-official) websites have mentioned 'in-house' in their release stories.

Either way, stripes are good but I am not too keen on the socks.

The rumours doing the rounds were that Cortese had a spat with adidas, and terminated the contract, the new executive chairman wanted to 're sign the contract with adidas but they couldn't sort the prototypes in time, so Saints went bespoke this year and will be back in adidas next season. One minor complaint 're the new kit is that it's awfully reminiscent of the kit we wore last time we were relegated from the EPL. Other than that, whats not to like?

West Ham have worn a plain claret shirt quite often recently. The year they got to the Cup Final is an example. But they have tended to pair an all claret shirt with white shorts. Not sure it works so well with Sky shorts. That particular shirt is a throwback to the shirt they wore when Frank McAvennie and Tony Cottee scored a hat full of goals and the team finished high in the table. Or at least it's reminiscent of that Jersey.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

gi3HGYW.jpg

The Dynamo have a new jersey sponsorship with mining company BHP Billiton, their first in a year and a half. They will also be on the Dash's backs. The company also has the same color scheme.

http://www.chron.com/sports/dynamo/article/Dynamo-picks-BHP-Billiton-for-jersey-sponsorship-5591233.php

All New: NFL Random
Website ★ Behance ★ Twitter ★ Geekier Twitter

That Chevy logo kills the entire thing.

They should have at least just done a white outlined version of the bow-tie to make things more aesthetically pleasing.

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

Archived