2014-15 Soccer Kits & News (too early? nah)

Conrad.

Umbro were down at the KC Stadium today, apparently doing the photoshoot for Hull City's upcoming kit launch. Hopefully they weren't planning on doing any outdoor shots as we've had lightning, hail and torrential rain throughout the afternoon.

Our first competitive fixture is three weeks this Thursday, our first pre-season matches are just under a fortnight away. As is usually the case with our kit launches, it's all very last minute - I suspect the dithering over the crest has played a factor, and just a couple of weeks ago they were still hunting for a shirt sponsor so that's another delay.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm so surprised that Hull City is waiting so long for both shirt sponsors and kit unveiling, especially with the competitive matches being around the corner for you guys (UEFA Europa League Third Qualifying Round). Sounds like a complete breakdown of the FO in another club.

I'm so surprised that Hull City is waiting so long for both shirt sponsors and kit unveiling, especially with the competitive matches being around the corner for you guys (UEFA Europa League Third Qualifying Round). Sounds like a complete breakdown of the FO in another club.

In all honesty, it comes as scant surprise - the club's left this sort of thing hopelessly late a number of times before. If half the effort had been put into securing a sponsor as had gone into pursuing the ridiculous name change I'm sure things would have been done and dusted in plenty of time. As it stands, I'm still not sure if we've actually got a sponsor sorted yet.

FIFA just needs to impose a rule saying that kit manufacturers can only have one identifying mark per part of the kit. That means Adidas either gets their logo on the front of the jersey or they get the three stripes. Not both.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I know Arsenal has not released their new kits. It's not until July 10. But people think, including on this Board, that the all white kits posted on Arsenal.com is the official kits.

The Arsenal Ladies played a Continental Cup home match v Chelsea on Sunday. Puma made a one off kit for them to wear during the match due to the partnership taking affect July 1. If this is any indication, I am looking forward to the new kits.zuwhv.jpg

The Metro web site displayed Arsenal catalog pages that confirm these. Only part I don't like is the white stripes on the front of the shirts.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I know Arsenal has not released their new kits. It's not until July 10. But people think, including on this Board, that the all white kits posted on Arsenal.com is the official kits.

The Arsenal Ladies played a Continental Cup home match v Chelsea on Sunday. Puma made a one off kit for them to wear during the match due to the partnership taking affect July 1. If this is any indication, I am looking forward to the new kits.zuwhv.jpg

The Metro web site displayed Arsenal catalog pages that confirm these. Only part I don't like is the white stripes on the front of the shirts.

These are only a one-off kits for the Arsenal Ladies, no way are they the actual Arsenal kits. They are getting unveiled and released on July 10th 11pm BST.

FIFA just needs to impose a rule saying that kit manufacturers can only have one identifying mark per part of the kit. That means Adidas either gets their logo on the front of the jersey or they get the three stripes. Not both.

You do realize that Adidas is one of major sponsors of FIFA tournaments, don't you?

Why. Just because you do not like the idea then Fifa have to make rules up.

glory10.png

So would Hummel not be allowed their shoulder design either in your fascist uniform design utopia?

fc-utrecht-2013-14-away-kit-th-350x215.j

UBI FIDES IBI LUX ET ROBUR

From twitter:

@darrenrovell

Sources confirm that Nike has informed Manchester United it will not match adidas for future kit rights. Deal worth $100M+/year.

Sucks, as ManU always look pretty clean (minus the dumb sponsor this season). Curse you, adidas!

Nike has stated they haven't made a decision on this yet. I really am not looking forward to adidas kits for the Red Devils if they don't match.

Seems to be a done deal. I'm actually pretty shocked that Nike's walking away from the table and allowing Adidas to take over. Adidas now has the biggest club in Spain, England, and Germany and 4 of the top 5 jersey selling clubs in the world. Nike obviously has more information and a better business acumen in weighing the value of continuing the United partnership, but it still seems a little puzzling to cede such a big piece of the market to Adidas.

wisco_adidas-1.jpggbp-2.jpg

In the end United know they needed to increase revenue so they don't get hit by the Fair Play rules like City did. Adidas is willing to overpay. The problem is they will now have to do the same for Real Madrid. Amazingly it's the opposite of what happened between Nike and Germany. Nike almost doubled the offer that adidas put in but was turned down by the Germans because the leadership was more familiar with adidas. The league teams weren't happy about that. Adidas also wants every team in London and I'm sure they will try for Arsenal when the Puma deal ends. The only thing I'm certain won't happen with adidas are those horrid grey uniforms they made in the 90's.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

In the end United know they needed to increase revenue so they don't get hit by the Fair Play rules like City did. Adidas is willing to overpay. The problem is they will now have to do the same for Real Madrid. Amazingly it's the opposite of what happened between Nike and Germany. Nike almost doubled the offer that adidas put in but was turned down by the Germans because the leadership was more familiar with adidas. The league teams weren't happy about that. Adidas also wants every team in London and I'm sure they will try for Arsenal when the Puma deal ends. The only thing I'm certain won't happen with adidas are those horrid grey uniforms they made in the 90's.

That was an umbro design. Adidas did make a blue and white travesty for United, similar to the Arsenal bruised banana design. But the grey kit was umbro.

Wembley-1.png

2011/12 WFL Champions

My bad. Any horrible design flaw is automatically attributed to adidas in my mind, just like the Crew's new home shirts. There is a teamwear jersey that looks way better in my opinion since it reminds me of the 2006 home shirt.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Any horrible design flaw is automatically attributed to adidas in my mind, just like the Crew's new home shirts.

This one?

64464.jpg

Not sure I see much wrong with that.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

I don't think it really has much to do with FFP rather Man United just capitalizing on another opportunity to make a :censored:load of money. United aren't really in danger of FFP because they generate such huge profits that help service their debts. Their yearly "losses" are minuscule compared to the City's and Chelsea's that are under the FFP gun.

wisco_adidas-1.jpggbp-2.jpg

I actually like the new Crew kit...one of the top 5 kits in MLS for sure.

As for Arsenal going to Adidas at the end of their Puma deal, who knows. But I can see Arsenal stay with Puma for quite a while, if not longer than they were with Nike. This might be a partnership that was meant to be.

Archived