2014-15 Soccer Kits & News (too early? nah)

Conrad.

And here's the actual photo taken of Cazorla, Arteta and Flamini at the press launch of the new kits...

301q3ok.jpg

Oh dear. Words can't describe how Puma have made a complete balls up on these.

glory10.png

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Manchester City will look nice. But I don't really like monochrome sky-blue for them.

manchester-city-nouveau-maillot-domicile

This sounds a little silly, but the socks really make that all work for me. The consistency of the sock tops and the cuffs/collar just seem to accent and frame the monochrome nicely.

I think the Inter kit looks great and would work really well as an alternative, but personally I'd rather see them in their more traditional stripes as first choice.

Bit confused by the uproar of negativity over the Arsenal kits. Like Victoria and almost all other Gooners (I guess as long as we are happy, Puma have done their job), I happen to think they are quite nice. Perfect? No, but respectful of tradition while looking modern enough.

I think a ton of it has to do with the "fit" displayed on the players in the promo shots. Football players have always been the fittest lot of athletes out there but even so, a majority of the players look like they are sucking in their guts. Combined with the aforementioned baggy shorts and we are headed towards a place that basketball style has already been trending. For those of us who grew in a different era, it is odd looking and not natural. And should your average 40 year-old, beer pounding footy fan happen to choose a size of Puma shirt that flatters their ego - the result will not be pretty.

All that said, I'm hoping the players will be wearing a size larger on the field...the shirts also look way better with the shorts untucked.

I think the Inter kit looks great and would work really well as an alternative, but personally I'd rather see them in their more traditional stripes as first choice.

Same. They look great, but I think they stray too far away from their traditional look. Would've been great as a third for European competition or something.
Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Bit confused by the uproar of negativity over the Arsenal kits. Like Victoria and almost all other Gooners (I guess as long as we are happy, Puma have done their job)

If we're going to set this up as Gooners v. Others, then I should probably point out that I've had season tickets since the first year in Ashburton Grove, and I think the shirts are decidedly mediocre.

Bit confused by the uproar of negativity over the Arsenal kits. Like Victoria and almost all other Gooners (I guess as long as we are happy, Puma have done their job)

If we're going to set this up as Gooners v. Others, then I should probably point out that I've had season tickets since the first year in Ashburton Grove, and I think the shirts are decidedly mediocre.

I think most of the reaction among fans has been very positive. You are certainly entitled to your opinion.

Anecdotally, perhaps.

Reaction among the two dozen or so people in my matchday group is fairly "Meh." Again, only anecdotal.

That's fair. They're not the best ever or anything for me...maybe I set my expectations so low for Puma that I am pleasantly surprised. I dunno, I think when you are up in the stands it'll look like Arsenal is playing and maybe the god-awful skin-tight fit and some of the niggles of the design won't really be as apparent.

I do like the shiny gold fabric fabric of the crest.

In rare instances you can buy a sponsorless shirt - a few clubs sponsored by gambling companies or breweries offer plain versions, for example. But in the main you can only get kit fully sponsored up - as Gothamite says, it's one of the reasons sponsors pay clubs big money.

Oh dear. Words can't describe how Puma have made a complete balls up on these.

Please do try, because I don't understand how those are completely awful.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

In a word: Nope.

There's a reason they're paying the club £150m, and it's not just for all that signage around the stadium.

Yeah thats what I assumed...

I know thats why the pay the big fees, but it would be nice to offer an alternate shirt, even for more money.

What Jaffa said. I believe that some teams will do the sponsorless kits for kids, but most will not.

Yeah, just wishful thinking.

I already walk around in my Fly Emirates/arsesnal jersey as is.

I agree with Jaffa, the new Inter kit would look good as an alternate, not their first kits.

Gothamite, on 11 Jul 2014 - 07:52, said:snapback.png

BKarchitect, on 11 Jul 2014 - 05:21, said:snapback.png

I got a question for you Gothamite, if you have season tickets since 2006 at Ashburton Grove, how often do you go over to North London to watch a match? Can't be that much with you living in NYC. Can I ask what season ticket level you're in?

As for matchday groups, I have talked to quite a few mates over in England since yesterday's unveiling and most of them among the Arsenal supporters are liking the new kits. I guess people have their expectations in what the kits should have looked like when they went to Puma based on the Nike kits. You will always have a divide among the supporters of a club when they change their kit or even more change the manufacturer. I know some Gooners didn't want Arsenal to leave Nike. But Puma did offer them 150 million pounds for the deal...not like Arsenal could turn it down. Not if they want ot compete in the PL and Europe. Good players cost big dollars nowadays.

That's part of supporting the club, the highs and lows and the debate. No matter what, even if Arsenal put out a totally crap kit I will still support my club. Doesn't mean I will buy the kit, just wear the previous year's one.

Archived