2014-15 Soccer Kits & News (too early? nah)

Conrad.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Does anyone know why the RedBull logo is so small on Red Bull Leipzig's jerseys compared to the huge one for NY Red Bulls? Was that Nike's decision?

SOCCER---RB-Leipzig-vs-Kapfenberg-test-m

Bsrdr5_CMAE08AC.jpg

Jaffa mentioned it right. The Bundesliga has the same rules in sponsoring as the Champions League. So the sponsor name can't be put in the team name and there is limited space for it on the shirt. Salzburg also wears the small version of the RB-Logo in international games.

Sparta Praha Away:

sparta-prague-2014-2015-nike-away-footba

I'm a simple person, I have a pixelated David Beckham as profile photo since 2010.

I agree. This club may be the best dressed of the world over the last ten years.

nuevo-jersey-del-america-2014.jpeg2011-12-Club-America-Official-Home-Away-america-300x350.jpgn_club_america_club_america-1059898.jpgn_club_america_club_america-3351984.jpg

Define irony: The kits called by one fan: "the best dressed of the world over the last ten years," has "Bimbo" written on the front of said jersey.

I agree. This club may be the best dressed of the world over the last ten years.

nuevo-jersey-del-america-2014.jpeg2011-12-Club-America-Official-Home-Away-america-300x350.jpgn_club_america_club_america-1059898.jpgn_club_america_club_america-3351984.jpg

Define irony: The kits called by one fan: "the best dressed of the world over the last ten years," has "Bimbo" written on the front of said jersey.

Crazy but true: words mean different things in different cultures.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

So MLS couldn't use the Timbers' colors even when Portland is hosting the game? I think they'd clash pretty well against Bayern's, and it would probably look better than that.

- Minnesota Twins - Minnesota Golden Gophers - Dallas Stars - Dallas Mavericks - Norwich City FC -

- Texas Tech Red Raiders - FC Dallas - Minnesota Vikings - Borussia Dortmund -

So MLS couldn't use the Timbers' colors even when Portland is hosting the game? I think they'd clash pretty well against Bayern's, and it would probably look better than that.

That would be a great looking match if they used the Timbers' colors.

The kit is mostly black but it does use the two shades of Timbers green as trim elements. I think it fits with the usual trend of the ASG kits being in team colors but not looking too similar to the host's usual kit.

2013 (Kansas City):

mls-all-star-shirt-2013-small-600x328.jp

2011 (New York)

6a00e54ef2975b88330168e60166d8970c-450wi

2010 (Houston)

asgjersey.jpg

One exception was 2012 in Philadelphia, when the kits were navy, but the lime green trim made the kits look not very Union-y.

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

One I heard today for the 2015-16 season is that the New Balance logo will be appearing on Liverpool kits and not the Warrior logo. a bit surprising considering the massive push Warrior has undergone over the last 2 seasons.

logo.png

I have always liked Fenerbahce's home kits with the yellow and navy blue stripes...very nicely done indeed.

And those Sparta Praha away kits are very nicely done, the yellow and maroon are a nice combination for the kits

As for the 2014 MLS All-Star kits, here's what the MLS released what the kit incorporates:

With the 2014 AT&T MLS All-Star Game coming to Portland on August 6, it's no surprise that the newly revealed jersey has a Rose City feel to it.

Starting with what you see first and foremost – the black shirt with bright yellow trim -- is a tribute to the Portland Timbers' history of using that color scheme, which is the accent on their primary jersey this year. The embossment on the jersey are trees and chevrons, also a nod to the city of Portland.

There are also some smaller, more subtle nods to Portland's history elsewhere in the jersey design. The jock tag at the bottom feature the iconic Mount Hood, and the words "Rose City." Inside the jersey, underneath the All-Star crest, is a Western Meadowlark, the state bird of Oregon. Also inside the jersey, on the neck tape, are the words "2014 All-Star Game" with roses in between.

I myself am a fan of the kits. I am happy MLS and Adidas both used aspects of Portland plus the history of that storied club (over 40 years) in the kits.

Tottingham 14-15 kits are now confirmed to be what was leaked.

These taken from the official twitter as the club shop website has crashed:

Bs0B0lvCAAAPbYL.jpg

Bs0CejhIUAAF6u1.jpg

The home goalie kit is bright purple! I can't get a link to this one though.

The last two kits have been so nice. I grew to love Underarmours first Spurs kit last year. This is a shambles though. I understand paying tribute to Bill Nic but I dont think it does him justice. Not a fan of the yellow or any of the away kit.

Archived