2014-15 Soccer Kits & News (too early? nah)

Conrad.

Finally a glimpse of Newcastle Home kit...another miss by Puma IMO.

NUFC-Home-Strip-2014.15.jpg

Better resolution but still disappointing...another subpar Newcastle home strip with a terrible sponsor.

14NEWCASTLE1.jpg

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think that Puma kit looks too bad if it wasnt for the sponsor. Which is funny because I usually dislike most of what Puma does for football.

I'm Danny fkn Heatley, I play for myself. That's what fkn all stars do.

Arsenal's away kits are the exact same they have had numerous seasons before. The only difference is that these are made Puma and the previous by Nike and Adidas. Puma and Arsenal wanted to keep tradition of the club going with the blue and gold kits. They are iconic with the club.

1970/71 (year of the double)

v2r638.jpg

1988/89

rqyxxf.jpg

1998/99

24vl7ht.jpg

2005/06

x3ygl.jpg

2008/09

2dt4nyc.jpg

2010/11

p3qzk.jpg

2013/14

11glz68.jpg

Arsenal's away kits are the exact same they have had numerous seasons before. The only difference is that these are made Puma and the previous by Nike and Adidas. Puma and Arsenal wanted to keep tradition of the club going with the blue and gold kits. They are iconic with the club.

No, they are not the same.

The Puma Kits have red numbers and sponsor badges. It looks awful. It would be fine with blue numbers and sponsors.

67003~WILSHERE~10.jpg

They didn't need to use all of the primary colors... this would be so much better:

wilblue_zps58a8bb2c.jpg

No, they are not the same.

The Puma Kits have red numbers and sponsor badges. It looks awful. It would be fine with blue numbers and sponsors.

67003~WILSHERE~10.jpg

They didn't need to use all of the primary colors... this would be so much better:

wilblue_zps58a8bb2c.jpg

This x100. The red names and numbers stuck out like a sore thumb and clashed horribly. The blue and yellow is fine, but throwing red in there ruins it.

UUkgTjb.png

Arsenal's away kits in action were pretty awful.

Agreed. WAY too busy. Using yellow is the right idea, but compare them to the classy yellow strips from last year and it's easy to see there is no comparison.

-81a56030d98f996d.jpg

2951262476.jpg

Valencia away:

Valencia-14-15-Away-Kit+(1).jpgValencia-14-15-Away-Kit+(2).jpgValencia-14-15-Away-Kit+(6).jpg

How many kit sponsors have they had in the past 5 years?

Arsenal's away kits in action were pretty awful.

Agreed. WAY too busy. Using yellow is the right idea, but compare them to the classy yellow strips from last year and it's easy to see there is no comparison.

-81a56030d98f996d.jpg

If they tossed the red side stripes and made the sponsor logo blue these would be an upgrade. The numbers on the back are meant to match he sponsor logo instead of the kit which is a bad idea with this design.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Yes the red squad numbers are matched with the shirt sponsor because of uniformity. But it is a pure luck that the Fly Emirates logo is the same primary color as Arsenal FC. That's why it's red...for the club. I agree with removing the red stripes from the front of the kits and changing the squad numbers/sponsor colors to match the navy blue.

And when I said they are the same throughout the use of them from the 70's to current, I meant same aspects and inspirations for the away shirt. Yes some things change from shirt to shirt over the years (using red, blue, wine for the squad/sponsor colors). It still embodies the original vision.

Yes the red squad numbers are matched with the shirt sponsor because of uniformity. But it is a pure luck that the Fly Emirates logo is the same primary color as Arsenal FC. That's why it's red...for the club. I agree with removing the red stripes from the front of the kits and changing the squad numbers/sponsor colors to match the navy blue.

And when I said they are the same throughout the use of them from the 70's to current, I meant same aspects and inspirations for the away shirt. Yes some things change from shirt to shirt over the years (using red, blue, wine for the squad/sponsor colors). It still embodies the original vision.

Dude, the Fly Emirates text was blue last year... Not sure why Puma couldn't do that too.

This is what the away kit should look like:

arsenalbluefront_zpsed044305.pngarsenalblueback_zpsd15ee567.png

So much better:

arsenalaction_zpsf889dae2.png

Archived