2014-15 Soccer Kits & News (too early? nah)

Conrad.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But these are actually just for the womens team. That's why there is the scudetto on the shirts.

I did wonder about the scudetto! The Brescian menfolk ought to follow the fine example set by the ladies.

But these are actually just for the womens team. That's why there is the scudetto on the shirts.

I did wonder about the scudetto! The Brescian menfolk ought to follow the fine example set by the ladies.

The male team switched to Joma (their fourth sponsor in four years), and it has pretty good shirts. I especially like the inlined chevron, which is a nice innovation for a pretty classic kit. Moving the sponsor below the chevron was a good idea too

brescia-maglie-joma.jpg

07Giants.pngnyy.png

Those are actually from the beginning of this year. What's new is that the league is pushing those to the next level, by inviting anyone to object to their registration.

Those marks were originally not going to be part of the Chivas sale, then they were thrown in, and now MLS is at the very least keeping them as options for the new owners to use.

Bigger versions:

webcontent.jpeg

webcontent-2.jpeg

I have heard that the team has had a strong reaction to their temporary name and red/black color scheme, and is considering keeping them. This would seem to support that.

Yes, but it's interesting that MLS is now finally proceeding with the registration. They wouldn't need to do that if they were going to simply go with "similar elements", because whatever new mark they come up with will have to go throwing the process from scratch.

Unless perhaps they're just looking to see if these raise any objection, set some parameters for the replacements. But I don't know.

Here's the Karlsruher SC's 120 years anniversary kit!

KSC_Retro_Trikot_2-830.jpg

They didn't release another pic yet.

Is it wrong that I love the Hummels chevrons but hate the Adidas stripes?

I suppose that the chevrons are more of a design feature and less of a trademark than three bland stripes.

What up with them laces, though? This ain't hockey over here.

This also isn't the first kit I've seen with the lace-up thing going on, though...just what is the total deal with that lately (or at all)?

*Disclaimer: I am not an authoritative expert on stuff...I just do a lot of reading and research and keep in close connect with a bunch of people who are authoritative experts on stuff. 😁

|| dribbble || Behance ||

Those are actually from the beginning of this year. What's new is that the league is pushing those to the next level, by inviting anyone to object to their registration.

Those marks were originally not going to be part of the Chivas sale, then they were thrown in, and now MLS is at the very least keeping them as options for the new owners to use.

Bigger versions:

webcontent-2.jpeg

I have heard that the team has had a strong reaction to their temporary name and red/black color scheme, and is considering keeping them. This would seem to support that.

I don't get the weird bend in the cross. Seems a simplified version could be nice. This isn't "right" but just to get the idea across.

lafc.jpg

What up with them laces, though? This ain't hockey over here.

This also isn't the first kit I've seen with the lace-up thing going on, though...just what is the total deal with that lately (or at all)?

Old-timey soccer jerseys used to have them, too. So you sometimes see them on throwbacks.

http://www.historicalkits.co.uk/Arsenal/photos/Arsenal-1924-5-second.jpg

Here's the Karlsruher SC's 120 years anniversary kit!

KSC_Retro_Trikot_2-830.jpg

They didn't release another pic yet.

Is it wrong that I love the Hummels chevrons but hate the Adidas stripes?

I suppose that the chevrons are more of a design feature and less of a trademark than three bland stripes.

I'm in the same boat with you. Maybe because Hummel doesn't stick it on every piece of equipment. It seems to be organic to the kits instead of a requirement for the shirt.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived