New England Revolution Crest Concept

DawgPacPBH

tKFVb7V.png

Someone suggested on twitter that I take a stab at a NE Revs crest, who obviously need an update. I went through a bunch of concepts and ideas, none of which really fit the simplicity of a crest and also the revolutionary war's imagery. I finally came to this, which includes uniform and artillery imagery in what i think is a memorable and iconic way.

BOOM.

Tear it apart. Go.

Twitter: @peteeee

E-Mail: peteschwadel@gmail.com

Dribbble!

Love:

- uniqueness of the shape

- the year the Revs became a team, embracing tradition is important for MLS even though it's still a young league

- war imagery is well-done, not over the-top, but noticeable

Don't love:

- the name Revolution is featured more so than New England is, don't like the trend of minimizing the name of the city or region in MLS badges

- the font, while it has the look you want for colonial imagery, it might look a bit dated over time

Overall, it's a great design though. Obviously the Revs need an update in the worst way, and this would be a good one.

^ I agree. I noticed the font would probably be hard to read from a distance. I didn't originally think of the fact that "New England" and "Revolution" should be switched, but I agree. I think that you should highlight the region instead of the mascot (second) name.

Edit: Of course, your logo is featuring elements of the Revolution instead of New England, so I understand why "Revolution" is emphasized. Now I'm not sure which would be best.

award%20sig.png

I really like it! The only thing I'd change is to bring "New England" and "Revolution" together in the middle. It's always better when the name stays together so it's one of the first things you notice on this logo.

VHj90kn.png

Love it. I am one of the very few people who doesn't mind the current Flag-Ball crest, but this is still a tremendous upgrade.

I think New England should be removed from the top, and it should say Revolution F.C. and not just Revolution. The guns at the top should be silver not red, the 96 below the guns should be red, and the star at the bottom should be silver. Mostly just minor suggestions about colour.

Great and much needed update, however!

Is there a way to keep the wordmark inside the shield instead of having that, and the plate behind it, overlap the overall shape? I agree with TheFridge. THe emphasis should be on NE instead of Revolution. If you can put them both together somehow, THAT would be cool. Personally I would "NEFC" it, as someone has done already but I know, I know...it's tiring. Overall, I really like the uniform symbolism.

Archived