Your favorite album cover(s)

habsfan1

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know I was asked to model for a album cover once. It was from a band called Six Gallery for their album Breakthroughs in Modern Art.

Now I never even heard of these guys but I was so excited to be asked to pose for an album cover. They told me I was going to look all bad-ass and ferocious when the painting would be done..

As you can see when I saw the cover after it was completed I was a tad disappointed to say the least.

Cover_Artwork.jpg

WTF? They had me posing with balloons with that wussy look on my face!! I never felt so embarrassed in all my life.

Needless to say the guys at work had a field day making fun of me. :(

Lol.....I like the artwork but it doesn't look like an album cover at all. Looks like it belongs on a music festival poster or a gallery exhibition thing..

If you listen to it, it looks exactly how a cover for that genre should sound.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Breakbots singles have always been favorites of mine.

THERE it is! :D

I've had a single of his stuck in my head for the longest time and I haven't been able to remember his name nor the song's, and you just popped it right back into my head.

Thanks, I guess :P

That cover is effing terrible. Maybe it's because I've seen it so many times and I just associate Metallica with rednecks and metal heads and Australian bogans but I just scrunch up my nose everytime I see it.

Metal heads I get but rednecks? I generally associate country music with them. Mainly because the rednecks down here want to blast country music with every chance they get.

FTR, i'm not into Metallica, I just like their early album cover work.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

No offense, but I'm wondering how many of these are biased by the music? There are some great looking covers in this thread, but also a lot of head-scratchers.

Anyway, I tend to like more symmetrical and simple covers. A few of my favorites:

Modest_mouse_2007_album.jpg

Death-Cab-For-Cutie-Codes-and-Keys-Album

Funaimandignite.jpg

Jukebox_the_Ghost.jpg

arrows_thelonelyforest.jpg

Hot-Fuss.jpg

I also love whenever a band/artist that has one consistent element throughout all their albums (see: The Killers' logo).

14622089383_66ed2643e0_o.jpg14415375480_b33010b5ce_o.jpg14602016315_3e9fe74148_o.jpg

No offense, but I'm wondering how many of these are biased by the music? There are some great looking covers in this thread, but also a lot of head-scratchers.

Anyway, I tend to like more symmetrical and simple covers. A few of my favorites:

Modest_mouse_2007_album.jpg

Death-Cab-For-Cutie-Codes-and-Keys-Album

Funaimandignite.jpg

Jukebox_the_Ghost.jpg

arrows_thelonelyforest.jpg

Hot-Fuss.jpg

I also love whenever a band/artist that has one consistent element throughout all their albums (see: The Killers' logo).

Those are some nice album covers. I have always been a fan of Hot Fuss' cover since I was much younger. I remember being a huge fan of The Killers back in the day and that is definitely a cover that stands out for me - nostalgia-wise

Archived