sportslogos.net missing logo thread

tv15

I think that hawk is zooming down onto something on the ground...

Ice Hockey International Winnipeg Braves (Bobby Hull Division 18-3-0 1st place as of March 14, 2011)

2010-11 O'Brien Trophy for Bobby Hull Division championship & Jack Riley Cup for top team in league regular season

Oh, I'm not blaming you in the least.

Odd, though, since you mention it - easier to fix kerning on hand-drawn logos.

I wasn't thinking you were!

I agree on the kerning...if anything, the official guide has the first 's' practically attached to then 'A'.

Ligatures (e.g. attaching the A and the s) were purposely included in logos of that era (and to this day) to prevent people from messing with the spacing! Too bad they messed up the original, in the Astros' case.

Use the rules of heraldry for more effective sports logos! i.e. keep it simple, use good contrast...

After years of commenting at the site of the error itself, this may be a better place to say it: The WHL former team Calgary Centennials logo is shown in blue, which it never was. It was, in fact, red and black- and the Canadian 1967 centennial logo included in it is not a "star tree," but a highly stylised maple leaf!

mmskfyxv5kwt0cgfyngbfbohu.giforiginal.jpg?w=800&h

While I'm reliving my youth, the logo shown for the original WHL Edmonton Oil Kings is wrong- the version posted there is for the short-lived second incarnation, when the Flin Flon Bombers were moved to Edmonton for 2 years before moving on to become the also short-lived Spokane Flyers.

Second incarnation:

a36fm3xjm3birw3m0gjy3n7mf.gif

Original version (the current team uses a modified version):

original.jpg?w=800&h

They also often used another version in print, and sometimes on uniforms, for the original Oil Kings:

original.jpg?w=800&h

thanks

Use the rules of heraldry for more effective sports logos! i.e. keep it simple, use good contrast...

• 2 weeks later...

The Oakland Athletics had a capitalized, italicized wordmark in the late 80s. I've seen it on random items, notably old tickets. Anyone have a good graphic for this website?

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I've been REALLY busy lately, getting all 11,000+ color palettes regenerated...took a minute to get these done:

OklahomaUOf_ATHSMK0100a_2011-9999_SCC_SR

OklahomaUOf_ATHSMK0200a_2011-9999_SCC_SR

The Oakland Athletics had a capitalized, italicized wordmark in the late 80s. I've seen it on random items, notably old tickets. Anyone have a good graphic for this website?

Don't believe I have that one...

Don't believe I have that one...

I'm guessing you've seen it somewhere just in being a sports fan...below is a pic of that mark for reference.

76844c_lg.jpeg

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

I'm guessing you've seen it somewhere just in being a sports fan...below is a pic of that mark for reference.

76844c_lg.jpeg

I'll see what I can find...

Some American U. marks:

Primary Marks:

AmericanU_ATHPMK0100a_2006-9999_SCC_SRGB

AmericanU_ATHPMK0200a_2006-9999_SCC_SRGB

Secondary Marks:

AmericanU_ATHSMK0100a_2006-9999_SCC_SRGB

AmericanU_ATHSMK0200a_2006-9999_SCC_SRGB

• Like 1

What about the former Enron Field? It was the name of the Astros' new field that replaced the Astrodome from its opening in 2000 until Enron went bankrupt in 2002 and the naming rights were purchased by Minute Maid. Images are hard to come by for it but I can find a couple.

enronmain.jpg

stess_enron_field.jpg

enron6.jpg

Ticket.jpg

spacer.png

Drink water and try to have fun!

The Oklahoma Sooners "There's Only One" logos are missing...http://www.ou.edu/content/brand/logos_trademarks/athleticsmarks.html

1283376171599.jpgil_fullxfull.366858923_neqk.jpg

(PS: - I have the vectors if ColorWerx needs to color optimize them.)

I can upload those logos if you can send me them. Are they in graphics standard manual?....logosheet?.. or just individual files? Doesn' make a difference, I'm just curious. Just PM me the files and I' ll be happy to upload them to the 'Mothership'.

The Oklahoma Sooners "There's Only One" logos are missing...http://www.ou.edu/content/brand/logos_trademarks/athleticsmarks.html

1283376171599.jpgil_fullxfull.366858923_neqk.jpg

(PS: - I have the vectors if ColorWerx needs to color optimize them.)

I can upload those logos if you can send me them. Are they in graphics standard manual?....logosheet?.. or just individual files? Doesn' make a difference, I'm just curious. Just PM me the files and I' ll be happy to upload them to the 'Mothership'.

I posted them earlier, but something is going on with Photobucket.

I'm guessing you've seen it somewhere just in being a sports fan...below is a pic of that mark for reference.76844c_lg.jpeg

I'll see what I can find...Some American U. marks:Primary Marks:AmericanU_ATHPMK0100a_2006-9999_SCC_SRGBAmericanU_ATHPMK0200a_2006-9999_SCC_SRGBSecondary Marks:AmericanU_ATHSMK0100a_2006-9999_SCC_SRGBAmericanU_ATHSMK0200a_2006-9999_SCC_SRGB

Thanks so much Donovan!, I've been looking for those American U logos for Sportslogos.net for god knows how long, to no avail.

espinoza.jpg

SKC alternate (?) in the background, top-right.

I've got that one as well...will post as soon as I get these Photobucket issues worked out...don't know what's going on - I submitted a support ticket to Photobucket to resolve.

Hey Donovan (ColorWerx) - I found another old wordmark from the 80s that's not yet up on the mothership, this time Boston Bruins hockey...

H2740%20Bruins.jpg

Doesn't look like I have that wordmark unfortunately.