• Members
  • 19,249 posts

Posted November 26, 2013 - 21:21

Wwetlc2013.jpg

Wingstop Presents WWE TLC: Tables, Ladders and Chairs

Houston Texas, Toyota Center

December 15, 2013

Main Event:
John Cena© vs Randy Orton© in a TLC Match for both the WWE and World Heavyweight Championships

glendale_sig.jpg

#2 Gary.

Gary.
  • Nightmare on DBad's Street

• Members
  • 19,249 posts

Posted November 26, 2013 - 21:31

So why are we doing Roses and TLC? Don't understand the poster

glendale_sig.jpg

#3 charger77

charger77
  • Who booked this crap?

• Members
  • 15,367 posts

Posted November 26, 2013 - 21:34

Read the tag line above the pic.

newsig_zpsb8170832.png
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

I flew too close to the sun on wings of pastrami

#4 Gary.

Gary.
  • Nightmare on DBad's Street

• Members
  • 19,249 posts

Posted November 26, 2013 - 21:47

Ah okay, I gotcha now.

glendale_sig.jpg

#5 Coast2CoastAM2006

Coast2CoastAM2006
  • The Yes! revolution

• Members
  • 6,823 posts

• Favourite Logos:Islanders Fisherman

Posted November 27, 2013 - 09:32

This would be perfect if this was in February. 

Islanders96.png

C2CAM2006 doesn't exist, he is a figment of your imagination.  Now let me ask you, do you know who I am? I'll tell you who I am. My name is Frank Garrett and I work for Duncan Construction and I am the one that is going to tell you that my pen is bigger than yours because I buy my pens from Pen Island.

#6 4_tattoos

4_tattoos

• Members
  • 1,304 posts

Posted November 27, 2013 - 20:57

Watching Main Event. They aired another one of those weekly Triple H interviews with Michael Cole regarding the Cena/Orton title for title situation. Triple said the brand separation was over and there was no longer a need for two champions. Their goal is for there to be one "undisputed champion" going in to the new year.

Link to WWE interviews playlist. It's dated Nov 27, 2013

http://www.wwe.com/v...th-michael-cole

Being a Redskins fan is like being stuck in a bad relationship that you just won't leave.

#7 Davey

Davey
  • You're a loose cannon BROBOVSKY!

• Members
  • 2,688 posts

• Favourite Logos:Quebec Nordiques
      Winnipeg Jets
      Montreal Candiens

Posted November 28, 2013 - 01:12

So, if there is a undisputed champion, would that mean another wwe belt would be unveiled? A wwe undisputed champion belt?

Posted Image

#8 4_tattoos

4_tattoos

• Members
  • 1,304 posts

Posted November 28, 2013 - 09:26

So, if there is a undisputed champion, would that mean another wwe belt would be unveiled? A wwe undisputed champion belt?

Doubt it. The winner (or the Authority) would probably just retire the WHC belt. WWE just released the current championship last year. No way they replace it so soon. Seems like they really just want to get rid of the big gold belt at this point. Honestly, if they had not gone the unification route, the WHC would go back to second class status after Cena eventually dropped the title.

If the unification truly happens, I just hope WWE starts using a tier system with the remaining men's single titles similar to the one WCW had. I never thought WWF utilized the European Championship properly. Seemed like most of the guys that held it were midcarders on the same level as the Intercontinental contenders.

Being a Redskins fan is like being stuck in a bad relationship that you just won't leave.

#9 Shumway

Shumway
  • Troutstanding!

• Members
  • 9,093 posts

• Favourite Logos:Anything with a mascot in a sweater or anthropomorphic foods.

Posted November 28, 2013 - 12:11

Doubt it. The winner (or the Authority) would probably just retire the WHC belt. WWE just released the current championship last year. No way they replace it so soon. Seems like they really just want to get rid of the big gold belt at this point. Honestly, if they had not gone the unification route, the WHC would go back to second class status after Cena eventually dropped the title.

If the unification truly happens, I just hope WWE starts using a tier system with the remaining men's single titles similar to the one WCW had. I never thought WWF utilized the European Championship properly. Seemed like most of the guys that held it were midcarders on the same level as the Intercontinental contenders.

tumblr_mjlq7seSn21rkf4k0o1_500.jpg

You better recognize...

(obligatory monthly D'Lo post :D )

#10 charger77

charger77
  • Who booked this crap?

• Members
  • 15,367 posts

Posted November 28, 2013 - 12:35

Ah, one of the few Eurocontinental Champions.

As well as Jeff Jarrett (who I never saw the allure of), Kurt Angle and RVD.

Can't forget this one either...

4790477131_21c10d3b8e_z.jpg

newsig_zpsb8170832.png
PotD May 11th, 2011
looooooogodud: June 7th 2010 - July 5th 2012

I flew too close to the sun on wings of pastrami

#11 4_tattoos

4_tattoos

• Members
  • 1,304 posts

Posted November 28, 2013 - 13:18

tumblr_mjlq7seSn21rkf4k0o1_500.jpg

You better recognize...

(obligatory monthly D'Lo post :D )

I would not be opposed to WWE having a dual Intercontinental/United States Champion if booked properly.

#12 Chawls

Chawls
  • I was there.

• Members
  • 3,486 posts

• Favourite Logos:- New Orleans Saints Louisiana patch from 2006
      - Tampa Bay Rays sunburst logo
      - Lake Elsinore Storm cap logo
      - New Orleans Pelicans bird-de-lis logo

Posted November 28, 2013 - 16:56

Doubt it. The winner (or the Authority) would probably just retire the WHC belt. WWE just released the current championship last year.

Correction: it was this year. February as a matter of fact.

Source? I was there live at RAW the night The Rock unveiled it.

If you hadn't noticed, Chawls loves his wrestling, whether it be real life or sim. :D

0QQc8MK.jpg

#13 habsfan1

habsfan1
  • #DriveFor25

• Members
  • 8,348 posts

Posted November 28, 2013 - 20:36

A tweet from Davey Richards concerning his future, after some NXT tryouts (with Eddie Edwards)...

@ringofhonor our time may possibly be coming to end. In my heart I will always and proudly be an "ROH GUY". I'm forever in debt to you.

#14 Brass

Brass
  • Milk Crates Beware.

• Members
  • 12,473 posts

Posted November 28, 2013 - 23:25

This pretty much explains why they had Sandow lose to Cena when he cashed in his MitB.

boston1.png

#15 Lee Noire

Lee Noire

• Members
  • 674 posts

• Favourite Logos:Dallas Cowboys Primary
      San Diego Clippers Primary

Posted November 30, 2013 - 16:49

I'm so glad they addressed the unification thing. They almost went out of their way on Raw not to say the word undisputed or mention unifying the belts. The rumor mill was also speculating a switcheroo with the belts. Thank goodness that's not true. Now if only the belts were on two guys that actually gain from having it and not two guys that are in double digit reigns.

#16 4_tattoos

4_tattoos

• Members
  • 1,304 posts

Posted November 30, 2013 - 17:09

Can't forget this one either...

4790477131_21c10d3b8e_z.jpg

This is what I mean when I say that WCW did a better job with a tier system than WWF at the time. Shawn Michaels was the number one guy in the company when he won the euro title. IMO the number one guy on your roster should not be holding the number 3 title. I understand having former world champs contend for midcard title to boost their prestige. It just shouldn't be your number one guy. No way in hell would WCW at that time have put the Television title on Hogan or Sting.

With an apparent world title unification in the horizon, I hope WWE follows WCW's approach to utilizing three singles championships.

#17 Mings

Mings
  • Forever suspended.

• Members
  • 11,215 posts

Posted November 30, 2013 - 17:24

I think this is the route that should be taken:

WWE Championship - Main title, exclusively defended on PPVs. 

Intercontinental Championship - Secondary, back to the days where IC champ is #1 contender (or at least in the mix). Defended at PPVs, sometimes on Raw/Smackdown. 

US and European (or even bring in the TV title) - Tertiary, these are the mid-card titles. 1 title per show, and exclusively defended on TV. This wouldn't preclude someone from being on both shows, just that each title has its own show (someone couldn't defend the Smackdown one on Raw and vice versa).

Kind of make sense, but I really haven't watched wrestling in a year.

#18 4_tattoos

4_tattoos

• Members
  • 1,304 posts

Posted November 30, 2013 - 18:13

I think this is the route that should be taken:

WWE Championship - Main title, exclusively defended on PPVs. 

Intercontinental Championship - Secondary, back to the days where IC champ is #1 contender (or at least in the mix). Defended at PPVs, sometimes on Raw/Smackdown. 

US and European (or even bring in the TV title) - Tertiary, these are the mid-card titles. 1 title per show, and exclusively defended on TV. This wouldn't preclude someone from being on both shows, just that each title has its own show (someone couldn't defend the Smackdown one on Raw and vice versa).

Kind of make sense, but I really haven't watched wrestling in a year.

I was on board with you until you got to third title. There is absolutely no need to bring in another title post unification. I say let the United Stated Championship be THE ONLY tertiary/midcard title in WWE. It could be defended primarily on television & the major PPV events.

SN: I'd be cool with there being one WWE Championship match on Raw per year. Every now and then WWE tends to throw the free TV audience a bone.

#19 Coast2CoastAM2006

Coast2CoastAM2006
  • The Yes! revolution

• Members
  • 6,823 posts

• Favourite Logos:Islanders Fisherman

Posted December 1, 2013 - 09:19

I agree you need basically 4 titles.

WWE Belt  - main draws ie Orton, Cena.. 

Intercontinental Belt - main event guys but not your drawing stars ie Daniel Bryan, CM Punk, Del Rio etc

US Belt - Mid card, but not quite main event ie Dean Ambrose, Cody Rhodes

Tag Belts - self explanatory 

Islanders96.png

C2CAM2006 doesn't exist, he is a figment of your imagination.  Now let me ask you, do you know who I am? I'll tell you who I am. My name is Frank Garrett and I work for Duncan Construction and I am the one that is going to tell you that my pen is bigger than yours because I buy my pens from Pen Island.

#20 habsfan1

habsfan1
  • #DriveFor25

• Members
  • 8,348 posts

Posted December 1, 2013 - 20:10

Spoiler

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ChampvsChamp, Cena, Orton, Authority, Shield, Punk, Bryan, WyattFamily