2014 FIFA World Cup

DS729

Waiting for Qatar to get stripped of the 2022 World Cup (likely won't happen)........

......but if the U.S. were able to host in 2022 instead:

13 Total Stadiums

12 Stadiums - Group and Elimination Rounds

FedEx Field - Landover, MD

MetLife Stadium - East Rutherford, NJ

Sun Life Stadium - Miami Gardens, FL

Gillette Stadium - Foxborough, MA

New Falcons Stadium - Atlanta, GA

Lincoln Financial Field - Philadelphia, PA

Century Link Field - Seattle, WA

Levi's Stadium - Santa Clara, CA

INVESCO Field - Denver, CO

New NFL Stadium - Los Angeles, CA

AT&T Stadium - Arlington, TX

Reliant Stadium - Houston, TX

Final

Rose Bowl - Pasadena (100th anniversary of the stadium) - Would be used for final match only.

I don't see Atlanta as a site since soccer isn't an interest to that city as in the other cities. I don't see Philadelphia either since there's too many venues along the Northeast Corridor already. I also believe that there would be only one Texas venue and Houston is more of a hotbed for soccer there than in football-leaning Dallas. I don't see Denver as a venue either for the same reason as in Dallas (too much sports attention towards NFL football). I also see Glendale's UoP Stadium getting a bid because of the state's Latino population, proximity to Los Angeles and Mex-American connections. And in all likelihood, the Rose Bowl would be the default stadium choice for Southern California (don't assume a stadium that might never get built).

With all that being said, in this venue draw, I'll expect the World Cup Final to be played at MetLife Stadium, as it's architecturally the most appeasing for FIFA to host a game of such high magnitude.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Waiting for Qatar to get stripped of the 2022 World Cup (likely won't happen)........

13 Total Stadiums

Final

Rose Bowl - Pasadena (100th anniversary of the stadium) - Would be used for final match only.

I don't see Atlanta as a site since soccer isn't an interest to that city as in the other cities. I don't see Philadelphia either since there's too many venues along the Northeast Corridor already. I also believe that there would be only one Texas venue and Houston is more of a hotbed for soccer there than in football-leaning Dallas. I don't see Denver as a venue either for the same reason as in Dallas (too much sports attention towards NFL football). I also see Glendale's UoP Stadium getting a bid because of the state's Latino population, proximity to Los Angeles and Mex-American connections. And in all likelihood, the Rose Bowl would be the default stadium choice for Southern California (don't assume a stadium that might never get built).

With all that being said, in this venue draw, I'll expect the World Cup Final to be played at MetLife Stadium, as it's architecturally the most appeasing for FIFA to host a game of such high magnitude.

By 2022, it's pretty tough to reasonably assume which stadiums will be used and which a stadiums will be even around at that point. Soccer in the US is growing, so cities like Denver, Dallas, and Philly (big sports towns) may catch the soccer buzz before 2022. if that's the case, those cities would obviously be used.

Also, It's safe to assume a few of these stadiums may be not in use anyway. 8 years from now is quite a long ways away, it's hard to know which stadiums will be renovated and which stadiums will be replaced.

I think the only major cities that are a lock to get a game would be: Seattle, LA, Miami, New York (NYCFC stadium), Houston and Dallas.

13 Total Stadiums

Final

We are talking 8 years from now plus it's a hypothetical as I was trying to imply. Thanks for your opinion. Much appreciated.

13 Total Stadiums

Final

We are talking 8 years from now plus it's a hypothetical as I was trying to imply. Thanks for your opinion. Much appreciated.

I can't imagine New York or Los Angeles not get the finals. The only possible exception being Seattle.

If the US somehow ended up with the 2022 WC again, ye need look no further than their original bid with final host cities...Atlanta, Baltimore, Boston, Dallas, Denver, Houston, Indianapolis, Kansas City, Los Angeles, Miami, Nashville, New York City, Philadelphia, Phoenix, San Diego, Seattle,Tampa and Washington, D.C.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_2022_FIFA_World_Cup_bid

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

If the US somehow ended up with the 2022 WC again, ye need look no further than their original bid with final host cities...Atlanta, Baltimore, Boston, Dallas, Denver, Houston, Indianapolis, Kansas City, Los Angeles, Miami, Nashville, New York City, Philadelphia, Phoenix, San Diego, Seattle,Tampa and Washington, D.C.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_2022_FIFA_World_Cup_bid

Those finalists probably would have been paired down to 12 cities.

Here's how I'd sort out the stadiums:

Group A&B

Farmers Field (Assuming that's the stadium that is built)- Los Angeles, CA

Levi's Stadium- Santa Clara, CA (San Francisco, CA)

CenturyLink Field- Seattle, WA

Group C&D

Soldier Field- Chicago, IL

Sports Authority Field at Mile High- Denver, CO

AT&T Stadium- Arlington, TX (Dallas, TX)

Group E&F

Sun Life Stadium- Miami Gardens, FL (Miami, FL)

New Falcons Stadium- Atlanta, GA

FedEx Field- Landover, MD (Washington, DC)

Group G&H

Lincoln Financial Field- Philadelphia, PA

Metlife Stadium- East Rutherford, NJ (New York, NY)

Gillette Stadium- Foxborough, MA (Boston, MA)

Round of 16

All except San Francisco, Denver, Washington, and Philadelphia

Quarter-finals

Seattle

Chicago

Atlanta

Boston

Semi-finals

Los Angeles

Miami

Third Place

Dallas

Final

New York

Group A&B

Group C&D

Group E&F

Group G&H

Round of 16

Quarter-finals

Seattle

Chicago

Atlanta

Boston

Semi-finals

Los Angeles

Miami

Third Place

Dallas

Final

New York

I agree with this completely, maybe swap New York for LA in the finals. I think that's a pretty tough choice.

Group A&B

Group C&D

Group E&F

Group G&H

Round of 16

Quarter-finals

Seattle

Chicago

Atlanta

Boston

Semi-finals

Los Angeles

Miami

Third Place

Dallas

Final

New York

I agree with this completely, maybe swap New York for LA in the finals. I think that's a pretty tough choice.

I would definitely agree with the venues for the USA hosted World Cup. Sounds reasonable to me. But as for the Final I could see either LA or Seattle getting it...

USMNT 30 Man Initial Roster

GOALKEEPERS (3) : Brad Guzan (Aston Villa), Tim Howard (Everton), Nick Rimando (Real Salt Lake)

DEFENDERS (11) : DaMarcus Beasley (Puebla), Matt Besler (Sporting Kansas City), John Brooks (Hertha Berlin), Geoff Cameron (Stoke City), Timmy Chandler (Nürnberg), Brad Evans (Seattle Sounders FC), Omar Gonzalez (LA Galaxy), Clarence Goodson (San Jose Earthquakes), Fabian Johnson (Hoffenheim), Michael Parkhurst (Columbus Crew), DeAndre Yedlin (Seattle Sounders FC)

MIDFIELDERS (10) : Kyle Beckerman (Real Salt Lake), Alejandro Bedoya (Nantes), Michael Bradley (Toronto FC), Joe Corona (Club Tijuana), Brad Davis (Houston Dynamo), Mix Diskerud (Rosenborg), Maurice Edu(Philadelphia Union), Julian Green (Bayern Munich), Jermaine Jones (Besiktas), Graham Zusi (Sporting Kansas City)

FORWARDS (6) : Jozy Altidore (Sunderland), Terrence Boyd (Rapid Vienna), Clint Dempsey (Seattle Sounders FC), Landon Donovan (LA Galaxy), Aron Johannsson (AZ Alkmaar), Chris Wondolowski (San Jose Earthquakes)

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

Canada Qatar isn't getting the World Cup in 2026 2022. They're going to have to expand build nearly every stadium, and they'll have to build a brand new one for the final as the capacity has to be at least 80 000. In contrast, you have the US, where they already have dozens of established stadiums that can host the tournament tomorrow. Aside from some minor renovations, the only new stadium that they would possibly need to build is a new stadium in Los Angeles if they don't have an NFL team by then (which they will). There's absolutely no reason for FIFA to choose Canada over the US.

FYP. Arguments sound awfully familiar don't they?

After Qatar, I won't be surprised at anything FIFA does. I hear the climate is pretty stable on the moon, no worries about heat stroke there... Or maybe North Korea will bid!

Grunge-Logos.png

Canada Qatar isn't getting the World Cup in 2026 2022. They're going to have to expand build nearly every stadium, and they'll have to build a brand new one for the final as the capacity has to be at least 80 000. In contrast, you have the US, where they already have dozens of established stadiums that can host the tournament tomorrow. Aside from some minor renovations, the only new stadium that they would possibly need to build is a new stadium in Los Angeles if they don't have an NFL team by then (which they will). There's absolutely no reason for FIFA to choose Canada over the US.

FYP. Arguments sound awfully familiar don't they?

After Qatar, I won't be surprised at anything FIFA does. I hear the climate is pretty stable on the moon, no worries about heat stroke there... Or maybe North Korea will bid!

Somehow I think Harper's government would not survive the redistribution of funds necessary to bribe FIFA into giving Canada the World Cup.

On 8/1/2010 at 4:01 PM, winters in buffalo said:
You manage to balance agitation with just enough salient points to keep things interesting. Kind of a low-rent DG_Now.
On 1/2/2011 at 9:07 PM, Sodboy13 said:
Today, we are all otaku.

"The city of Peoria was once the site of the largest distillery in the world and later became the site for mass production of penicillin. So it is safe to assume that present-day Peorians are descended from syphilitic boozehounds."-Stephen Colbert

POTD: February 15, 2010, June 20, 2010

The Glorious Bloom State Penguins (NCFAF) 2014: 2-9, 2015: 7-5 (L Pineapple Bowl), 2016: 1-0 (NCFAB) 2014-15: 10-8, 2015-16: 14-5 (SMC Champs, L 1st Round February Frenzy)

The bastard is running for re - election next year. Maybe a new guy can say :censored: you Qatar. Stay away and the middle east can get a world cup when you figure your crap out. Which will be never so , who cares.

JETS|PACK|JAYS|NUFC|BAMA|BOMBERS|RAPS|ORANJE|

Archived