ORIGINAL (not copied) High School logos

• Replies 369
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 6 months later...

Rider Raiders, Wichita Falls, TX. Pretty good for a HS...

updated-roho-with-streamlined-rider.png

The high school version is better, but it clearly is based on the Richmond Raiders of the PIFL.

7875_richmond_raiders-primary-2012.png

Use the rules of heraldry for more effective sports logos! i.e. keep it simple, use good contrast...

• 2 weeks later...

My alma mater (Chillicothe High School, Chillicothe, OH) goes by the frequently-used nickname Cavaliers, but our logo (not sure whether it's primary or alternate anymore, I think the latter) is based on an old painting by an alumnus. Our other logo is fairly similar to a recolored and re-lettered Virginia Cavaliers, though, with swords crossing underneath the letter C.

My alma mater (Chillicothe High School, Chillicothe, OH) goes by the frequently-used nickname Cavaliers, but our logo (not sure whether it's primary or alternate anymore, I think the latter) is based on an old painting by an alumnus. Our other logo is fairly similar to a recolored and re-lettered Virginia Cavaliers, though, with swords crossing underneath the letter C.

Or maybe the painting is based on our logo. Anyway, here's a link to the logo:

https://chsclassof1978.files.wordpress.com/2013/02/chillicothe-cavaliers-logo-article1.jpg

Apparently I'm crazy, because I can't find the painting and no one seems to have heard of it (need to talk to more people). Anyway, here's a pencil drawing that's sort of similar; the original pencil drawing dates to 1991 and was presented to then-President Clinton when he visited Chillicothe in the spring of 1993:

http://www.titlewavemusic.com/pix4.htm

But anyway, the painting of the logo dates, I believe, to the 1960s.

southeast-valley-jaguars.jpg

The spiritual successor to my high school - Southeast Valley. This logo was created by baseball coach/art instructor Bryan Bachel. If you look closely, you will see an eagle and a knight's helmet from the two former high schools Southeast Webster (Eagles, my old high school) and Prairie Valley (Warriors).

one thing that has always bugged me (and many of these logos are guilty of it) is when a team uses a picture of it's mascot/nickname with letters/text that represent the mascot/nickname rather than the school/town name.. an example would be the "wolves" logo that has a wolf head and text that says "WOLVES".. we can already tell by the picture that you're the wolves, so the text should be the town/school name.. i also don't like it when teams use initals of the mascot as a logo or major part of a logo.. the initial letters and/or text should always be for the place (since that's usually tough to depict with a mascot/logo), and the nickname/mascot should be depicted in the mascot/logo.. sometimes you can pull both off with the same image (i.e. KC Chiefs - arrowhead symbolizes "chiefs" while KC are the initals of the city), but i just dont understand why some of the teams fail to see that.. to me, that's one of the dead giveaways for stock-art logos or clip-art logos.. look in any athletic gear catalog, and you'll see several logos that reiterate themselves with text of the mascot pictured in the logo.

• 3 months later...

Other Racine County high schools

demon.jpg

Burlington Demons (Tony Romo's alma mater)

Waterford_Union_High_School_logo.png

Waterford Wolverines

Hilltoppers_zpsa85bb7eb.png

Burlington Catholic Central Hilltoppers (Often finish at the top of Racine County in most sports)

(Union Grove Broncos not listed as it's a BLATANT ripoff of Western Michigan's logo)

Hi MBurmy,

Just curious, can you confirm that Burlington CC's logo isn't copied? My high school (St. Lawrence in Mt. Calvary, WI) uses the same logo and I always assumed it was unique, given it's sketchy quality and awkward looking Swiss man.

I actually want to do a redesign, so if it is just a copy I will take more liberties.

My bad...I hadn't seen that Hilltopper logo anywhere else, so I thought it was original.

Saw at least one other school use it...so the world may never know which usage is the original one.

bYhYmxh.png

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/19/2015 at 7:20 PM, sleuthpanther said:

Is that an M? What does that stand for?

Their full title is Order of Friar Servants of Mary, so I'm assuming it's for Mary.

Facebook: CustomSportsCovers Twitter: CSCovers

No because when the Irish came to Ireland and first came in contact with the leprechaun people, they didn't take their land away and force them to move west. Instead, the two groups learned to assimilate peacefully. However, certain tribes of the leprechaun refused to taint the pure blood and moved north into the forests of Ireland, only to be seen rarely, usually at the same time of a rainbows appearance and occasionally at the factories of Lucky Charms.

Hey guys, I've always been curious about my former HS. Has anyone ever seen this bird that Skyline High School in Longmont, CO uses? The first is the athletic department logo and the second is the academic logo.

AthleticLogo1dkredSm_400x400.jpg

images-2.jpeg

Denver Nuggets Kansas City Chiefs Tampa Bay Rays 

Colorado Buffaloes Purdue Boilermakers Florida Gators

Archived