WWE Logos Thread

Old School Fool

Wrestlemania 31 will be in Santa Clara, California where the new 49ers Stadium is going to be.

Looks like they will be moving to the WWE Network logo all across the board. A logo change is finally coming.

8bDUj4L.jpg

As for the 'play' button, I hear because they want it to be an interactive show or something.

Ug9xGzp.png

bSLCtu2.png

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The new logo's been a long time coming. It's not amazing or anything but the scratch logo was so dated. It looks so neutered without the F.

They need to integrate an E. The W's could be somewhat iconic because of brand association alone but I feel like the E-less nature of the symbol is a constant reminder of how they cowed to the World Wildlife Fund.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

The artist released a bunch of concept logos for the WWE Network as well:

http://www.behance.net/gallery/WWE-Network-logo/10102697

Interesting. None of them looked good but the WWE logo should go back to it's roots.

Looking at the logos history I think they need to revert to a classic logo, and here's why:

wwf_logo_old_school_raw_ver__by_hecrpd-d

This logo is pretty gaudy, but what I like about it is that the metallic nature calls the WWF title belt to mind. To me that's what's fallen off: The WWE has two titles, the WWE Championship and the World Heavyweight championship. This is stupid. When a wrestler won the WWF Championship he carried the company, and that belt had real weight to it's carrier. This logo is big, strong, bold, colorful, and most of all FUN. The WWE's clearly in a different iteration than the attitude era and a total rebrand would help emphasize that.

WWFLogo94-98.png

This logo sucked. The "New Generation" era of the mid-90's was a total cleansing effort after McMahon's steroid lawsuit and PR avalanche. I loved this era of wrestling as a kid but even then I hated how bland this look was.

WWF-logo-13DC4B59CE-seeklogo_com.gif

This logo is bad but for the time period it worked perfectly. The Attitude Era was the true golden age of wrestling, but I feel they should've rebranded after the WCW acquisition. Instead they milked the lame WW scratch for way, way too long.

"You are nothing more than a small cancer on this message board. You are not entertaining, you are a complete joke."

twitter

To me that's what's fallen off: The WWE has two titles, the WWE Championship and the World Heavyweight championship. This is stupid

This sunday they are unifying the 2 belts finally.

Also I'd love to know the thought process in the mid 90s for the new generation logo "Hey I know how to make our logo hip!lets rotate it a but and put it on a square!"

I always wonder if they never had to change to wwe if they wouldve went back to the classic logo by now.

Well there will be supposedly only one World Champion in WWE after this Sunday at the TLC PPV. The rumor and implication is some sort of new belt, possibly dawn of a new era, getting a new logo, all of that stuff, especially with the rumored launch of the WWE Newtork in early 2014.

Also, I'm a huge sucker for the New Generation aesthetics. Especially in 1997 with the hybrid of the incoming Attitude Era and the New Generation/Golden Era style. Raw is War was pretty interesting at that time. The first episode of Raw Is War used the classic WWF ring... and it's pretty jarring and yet really cool to see.

bSLCtu2.png

Well there will be supposedly only one World Champion in WWE after this Sunday at the TLC PPV. The rumor and implication is some sort of new belt, possibly dawn of a new era, getting a new logo, all of that stuff, especially with the rumored launch of the WWE Newtork in early 2014.

Also, I'm a huge sucker for the New Generation aesthetics. Especially in 1997 with the hybrid of the incoming Attitude Era and the New Generation/Golden Era style. Raw is War was pretty interesting at that time. The first episode of Raw Is War used the classic WWF ring... and it's pretty jarring and yet really cool to see.

New Generation was the last real bastion of the vintage wrestling aesthetic. Red, white and blue ropes, family-friendly roster, and gimmicks that were more silly than scary. Black ropes were reserved almost exclusively for Wrestlemanias, and entrance music was all in-house. It's odd watching matches from In Your House's, etc, and how there were very few stables back then. WCW kickstarted mega-stables before it became the trend. NWO may have broken a lot of ground, but D-Generation X really pushed the limits of what TV would allow.

Anyway, I'm really, really glad they're unifying the belts. The new WWE title belt looks absolutely, and please don't be offended by this (people will anyway), retarded. It's a giant-ass blinged out logo that in no way truly reflects the prestige that goes with carrying it. The winged eagles are far, FAR superior to anything that came since.

Also I'm hoping the unification FINALLY brings some prestige back to the Intercontinental championship. That belt used to really, really mean something, and now it's just another strap.

twitter

They could go back to the mix of new and old like they did on those Retro nights, mixing the old metallic Ws without the F extension. I thought that was a nice compromise moving forward.

"And then I remember to relax, and stop trying to hold on to it, and then it flows through me like rain and I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life... You have no idea what I'm talking about, I'm sure. But don't worry... you will someday." 

I don't think they are going to move away from the scratch logo so soon from changubg the belt. So it's going to be like a cyber Sunday/taboo Tuesday but wrestle mania?

The new WWE title has been around for longer than the Undisputed belt was before they changed that. Hopefully this is a permanent thing, because it'd look a lot less like a toy with this version of the logo.

To me that's what's fallen off: The WWE has two titles, the WWE Championship and the World Heavyweight championship. This is stupid

This sunday they are unifying the 2 belts finally.

Also I'd love to know the thought process in the mid 90s for the new generation logo "Hey I know how to make our logo hip!lets rotate it a but and put it on a square!"

I always wonder if they never had to change to wwe if they wouldve went back to the classic logo by now.

Man... I hope they keep Big Gold around, but I doubt Vince's ego will allow that.

Fourth row, middle column is the best of the bunch. What they chose isn't terrible. Among all of them, however, not a one is as timeless as the 80s logo.

Thank heavens they didn't use one of those stupid "W" logos.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

According to my unreliable mental math, the Big Gold Belt has been a WWF championship longer than it's been the WCW World Heavyweight Championship. WCW as a promotion was just a little blip, historically speaking. Think about that.

♫ oh yeah, board goes on, long after the thrill of postin' is gone ♫

Anyway, I'm really, really glad they're unifying the belts. The new WWE title belt looks absolutely, and please don't be offended by this (people will anyway), retarded. It's a giant-ass blinged out logo that in no way truly reflects the prestige that goes with carrying it.

:blink:

According to my unreliable mental math, the Big Gold Belt has been a WWF championship longer than it's been the WCW World Heavyweight Championship. WCW as a promotion was just a little blip, historically speaking. Think about that.

I think this is right, but it still reminds me of WCW every time I see it. That said, I barely watch wrestling at all anymore.

The big gold belt is the best belt in wrestling and has been since it was first used in the 80s.

Unfortunatley, it bears relatively little resemblance to the original one from the JCP days which was used up until 2000.

"The views expressed here are mine and do not reflect the official opinion of my employer or the organization through which the Internet was accessed."

Archived