WWE Logos Thread

Old School Fool

Yeah. It also didn't help that the first "test" match on Raw was in front of a crowd in the northwest. It was especially dumb when you consider that the very next Raw was emanating from Atlanta. The heart of WCW's "base" in the American southeast. They might have gotten a better reaction from the Atlanta crowd and salvaged the thing.

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah. It also didn't help that the first "test" match on Raw was in front of a crowd in the northwest. It was especially dumb when you consider that the very next Raw was emanating from Atlanta. The heart of WCW's "base" in the American southeast. They might have gotten a better reaction from the Atlanta crowd and salvaged the thing.

No way?! The next Raw?

Couldn't they have just waited till that Raw? Too funny!

Really interesting stuff though, thanks for posting the link to that video.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

Wow. I guess they were really scrambling after Hunter and Benoit were injured. They might used the Stencil logo starting out, but eventually they would have change to the Invasion logo. I love that logo. I think I bought the last WWE Old School shirt with that logo.

Wow. I guess they were really scrambling after Hunter and Benoit were injured. They might used the Stencil logo starting out, but eventually they would have change to the Invasion logo. I love that logo. I think I bought the last WWE Old School shirt with that logo.

Hunter being healthy during the InVasion angle would have been...interesting. On one hand it would have been neat in retrospect to see a guy so closely tied to McMahon family defending the WWF's honour against the invading WCW and ECW forces. On the other hand it's HHH. He probably would have gone over both Booker T and DDP on the first night of the angle for.....reasons.

I was watching the Stone Cold doc and it was weird seeing Austin introduced with an inVasion logo WCW screen bug during the tail end of that storyline.

Hunter being healthy during the InVasion angle would have been...interesting. On one hand it would have been neat in retrospect to see a guy so closely tied to McMahon family defending the WWF's honour against the invading WCW and ECW forces. On the other hand it's HHH. He probably would have gone over both Booker T and DDP on the first night of the angle for.....reasons.

Or even better, he joins the WCW group as he did get his start there. It would have been just as weird as when Stone Cold joined.

By the way, I have the Invasion PPV DVD at home so I dusted it off last night and popped it in. What a horrible PPV that was.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

Also, the rare WCW matches on Raw. Those were jarring as a kid. Still really cool though because it was treated like its own thing.

Those were from back when the point of the InVasion was to spin WCW into its own show. They even got the tv time, two hours on Saturday night on TNN. The problem was that Vince was unhappy with the crowd responses to the WCW matches on Raw and SmackDown and so he axed the whole thing and used that time to air Velocity (SD's version of Heat) and Confidential instead. Still, you can see the origins of that idea. The separate WCW tv bug, aprons, announce crew, and graphics? It was all supposed to lead to a separate WWF run version of WCW.

Funny enough, they use the original WCW logo in this really rare advertisement.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZtdvMokX4Y

bSLCtu2.png

• 2 weeks later...

You know before I ever realized the tigers used different D logos and the yankees have multiple NY logos. I always noticed the WWF had many versions of their classic logo, and its not based on one being used only in the 80s then the 90s.

Here's a screenshot of a RAW from Sept 27th 1993, the first week they would used a logo bug (which would be in the wrong corner the first week, also its bigger, by the next week it would be in the left and the proper size) and the first week they used ring apron skirts with the WWF logo on it.

Notice how the middle of the W part is much different with the inner lone being higher in the corner logo.

LKyi3c0.png

You know before I ever realized the tigers used different D logos and the yankees have multiple NY logos. I always noticed the WWF had many versions of their classic logo, and its not based on one being used only in the 80s then the 90s.

Here's a screenshot of a RAW from Sept 27th 1993, the first week they would used a logo bug (which would be in the wrong corner the first week, also its bigger, by the next week it would be in the left and the proper size) and the first week they used ring apron skirts with the WWF logo on it.

Notice how the middle of the W part is much different with the inner lone being higher in the corner logo.

LKyi3c0.png

The apron looking a bit different too, because the one everyone has come to know is with the WWF logos spaced out and not clumped together like in that screencap.

I was wondering when they started the logo bug, but I always assumed it occured in early 1994, possibly even Wrestlemania 10. I think the New Generation bug debuted at Wrestlemania 11, but I'm not totally sure.

bSLCtu2.png

9WhhydI.jpg

Screencapped this from the WWE Business Partner Summit video on http://corporate.wwe.com/

At 23:30 of the video Stephanie McMahon confirms they will officially be changing to the Network logo by August of this year.

So that's why the WM31 has the new logo. Anyway, it's good that our questions have now been answered. So, I'm assuming it will debut for SS14...

• 2 months later...

Hopefully the night after Summer Slam they'll give a new (single) World Championship belt. Keep the IC strap the same just add new logo. Tag team and divas titles both could use a redesign. Fine witht the US title remaining as is with new logo in place.

Hotter Than July > Thriller

I heard the plans were for HHH to break from the two man power trip, turn face for the Invasion and reignite his feud with Stone Cold Steve Austin. I still maintain that Hunter didn't start burying talent until his return from injury in 2002 but considering how the "Alliance" was buried and berated at every turn during the angle, you have a good point...

The InVasion angle was the point where WWE jumped the shark. Everything about it was just atrocious and the company was never able to recover.

The WWE title is definitely going to change. No way their top title remains with an outdated logo.

But how much will it change, now that's the question...

Not very much because the current design has only been around for a year.

bSLCtu2.png

Archived