College Football 2014 Season

buckeye

Arkansas actually looked pretty nice today, in person. The metalic decal looked good on the matte helmet.

Love the metallic decal. I thought it was a very good looking game uniform wise.

It really was. I haven't gotten to see any video as of yet. But in the harsh sunlight (and heat. So much heat. Oh, and rain. Can't forget the monsoon.) this matchup looked really good.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Facemask truly looks purple. Needs garnet numbers and gold pants and then it would be nice. I am alright with the slightly tweaked shade of gold.

2ugo22h.jpg

A few pages back, someone called the sleeve design a christmas sweater. I'm never gonna get that out of my head, now.

Damnit guys...

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

^

DUMB.

Thoughts on the Wisconsin-LSU game:

- Wisconsin finally fixed the color matching issues with their helmet decals. They used to be a much darker red and it always bothered me. Good see that corrected.

- it also looks like they removed the TV numbers from the jerseys. I wonder why

- Hey UCLA and others currently wearing bastardized hooped stripes on your shoulders, look at LSU and take note.

- why is LSU's pants stripes purple-yelow-white-yellow-purple? That's bothered me for years.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Facemask truly looks purple. Needs garnet numbers and gold pants and then it would be nice. I am alright with the slightly tweaked shade of gold.

2ugo22h.jpg

It's funny because this redesign was supposed to unify the garnet color used throughout the program. Last year the sideline gear looked purple-ish as opposed to the more reddish tone of this year. So much for that.

After seeing Notre Dame in action I'm not sure UA did such a great job after all of matching colors.

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/photos?gameId=400548008&photoId=4129276

The gold on the jerseys and pants look fine but it's hard to compare them to the gold on the helmets and shoes to them since you're comparing mattes and metallics.

And Notre Dame's gold helmet isn't your normal metallic...it's like a metallic on steroids.

I've had a hard time finding a word to describe Florida State's helmet color...but would it be considered champagne? A la the Michigan Panthers of the USFL? It's a light, light gold.

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/photos?gameId=400547762&photoId=4130159#photo_4130160

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/photos?gameId=400547762&photoId=4130159#photo_4130403

(By the way, I had no idea the jaws of Husky Stadium were on Florida State unis too. FSU must be prepping for a trip to Seattle).

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Archived