College Football 2014 Season

buckeye

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oregon looked great. Washington looked decent. TCU looked amazing. FSU looked awful. I was sitting here watching the games and told my wife if we ever need an ugly xmas sweater we can just buy a FSU jersey. Way too much pattern going on between the sleeves and collar and the facemask doesnt match rest of uniform. Oh, and the helmet looked yellow...yuck

^

- Hey UCLA and others currently wearing bastardized hooped stripes on your shoulders, look at LSU and take note.

I would argue that UCLA's stripes are superior to LSU's. LSU's stripes don't look right to me.

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

Not to mention, no tomahawk stickers on FSU's helmets either. They don't look like the Seminoles, that's for sure.

Why would they have tomahawk stickers in the first game of the year?

What I am wondering is why Western Michigan HAD pride stickers already in the first game of the season... and they're white helmets looked horrible. Didn't even look like a full logo on the helmet.

Also, on the FSU helmets: it looks pretty lazy the way the two spears cross on the back. Wasn't like that before was it? Also, what was that light blue circular sticker on the back?

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

^

- Hey UCLA and others currently wearing bastardized hooped stripes on your shoulders, look at LSU and take note.

I would argue that UCLA's stripes are superior to LSU's. LSU's stripes don't look right to me.

LSU's stripes are a little too long, but UCLA's stripes are really short and are pretty terrible. The adidas template also makes for some weird tugs and stretches, and UCLA's stripes look like they were sewn on by someone who had 12 drinks too many.

Virginia Tech's stripes are pretty good.

WilliamMaryVirginiaTechFootball-015be.jp78212061.jpg

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

^

LSU's stripes are a little too long, but UCLA's stripes are really short and are pretty terrible. The adidas template also makes for some weird tugs and stretches, and UCLA's stripes look like they were sewn on by someone who had 12 drinks too many.

Virginia Tech's stripes are pretty good.

Isn't it ironic that adidas can't get three stripes right

WilliamMaryVirginiaTechFootball-015be.jp78212061.jpg

Clippers.gif
UCLA.gif

Anyone else think that, overall, the uniforms this weekend were not nearly as aesthetically bad as the offseason would have offered?

Usually we see even more atrocities in Week One that weren't unveiled, but overall I only see a few terrible uniforms. Florida State needs to swap their gold numbers for garnet ones.

I think a black version of Maryland's current Maryland Pride would look really good.

they have one. here's the replica version of it:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/rf/image_908w/2010-2019/WashingtonPost/2014/08/16/Sports/Images/JN1_48451408229110.jpg

and here's the red and white ones they used in their August scrimmage:

JN1_48451408229110.jpg

would love if they also had a gold one!

marylandmini.png

Anyone else think that, overall, the uniforms this weekend were not nearly as aesthetically bad as the offseason would have offered?

Usually we see even more atrocities in Week One that weren't unveiled, but overall I only see a few terrible uniforms. Florida State needs to swap their gold numbers for garnet ones.

I guessed you missed NIU and ULM unis, but Saturday was a pretty good looking day.

Florida State made a completely unnecessary change. I thought they were on that unchangeable uniform level especially after returning to the top of the mountain last year.

Why mess with a good thing and then if you do why go to that Christmas sweater? Also those numbers illegible on TV.

The only thing I like about their new uniforms is the spears crossing on the back of the helmet.

PvO6ZWJ.png

^

And UCLA's don't look right to anyone with eyes.

How would you argue that this looks good

2013-ucla-nebraska-preview.jpg

when the stripes are supposed to look like this?

troy-aikman-ucla.jpg

PvO6ZWJ.png

Florida State made a completely unnecessary change. I thought they were on that unchangeable uniform level especially after returning to the top of the mountain last year.

Why mess with a good thing and then if you do why go to that Christmas sweater? Also those numbers illegible on TV.

The only thing I like about their new uniforms is the spears crossing on the back of the helmet.

Sad because it is not that far from making it an acceptable look; I'd remove the collar and make it white, change the numbers to garnet with a gold outline, and fix that chrome mask to make it look normal or at least have the old helmet option and wear the garnet mask occasionally.

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

^

troy-aikman-ucla.jpg

Wow, I had no idea the blue on the UCLA jerseys had changed that much.

^

troy-aikman-ucla.jpg

Wow, I had no idea the blue on the UCLA jerseys had changed that much.

Part of the change you see is lighting (current pic is night, Aikman is mid-day). But the blue has become quite a bit darker.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

^

troy-aikman-ucla.jpg

I have eyes and I feel UCLA's stripes look better than LSU's stripes which are too long. But that's just my opinion.

"Of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." Dennis Miller

Here's a good look at the Arkansas uniforms. Those decals really shined whenever facing me, and I had the sun at my back.

-f9cdc05a7df26f3e_zpsdf0fe660.jpg

I've come to the conclusion that I love our new uniforms. I hope we hold on to this set for more than two years.

They're so much better than the past few designs. The triangle inserts looked a bit odd when you could actually see them. But overall, I liked.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

After seeing Notre Dame in action I'm not sure UA did such a great job after all of matching colors.

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncf/photos?gameId=400548008&photoId=4129276

The gold on the jerseys and pants look fine but it's hard to compare them to the gold on the helmets and shoes to them since you're comparing mattes and metallics.

Yeah, in the release photos the pants looked like they matched the helmet, but in person the pants were a deeper, yellower gold. Only a slight improvement over adidas IMO. I think it's about impossible to match anything to that helmet with how drastic the shadows and highlights are.

The jerseys looked great though. No more ridiculous stretching on the techfit template.

Archived