College Football 2014 Season

buckeye

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And UCLA's don't look right to anyone with eyes.

How would you argue that this looks good

2013-ucla-nebraska-preview.jpg

when the stripes are supposed to look like this?

troy-aikman-ucla.jpg

UCLA's stripes are too short, but unpopular opinion alert: I really dislike stripes that go all the way around. It never really looks right unless you have a loose-fitting jersey and long sleeves, and even then it looks funny to me.

Tradition is the foundation of innovation, and not the enemy.

I don't get why Ohio State doesn't move to these full time?

ohio-state-rivalry-jerseys-wisconsin.jpgall-white-mock.jpg

Well, for myself, I can answer this...

Because this gimmicky look is a noticeable downgrade from what they usually wear.

I actually really like them. The wide helmet stripe reminds me of old 50's and 60's helmets with really wide stripes. The green buckeye pride stickers look really nice as well. Really pop more.

Reminds me of something like this:

1380048046ScreenShot20130924at2.39.36PM.

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

Drop the chrome on the jerseys and thin the black parts of the shoulder striping to better match the pants and helmet striping, and it'd be a nice modernization for OSU. As it stands, it's a damn good-looking alternate, but it looks like an alternate nonetheless, and not quite like a full-time set.

Tradition is the foundation of innovation, and not the enemy.

Arkansas has added pride stickers to the helmets this year. I noticed it during the game yesterday and ask our equipment manager about it this morning. He just confirmed that they were going to be used and the ones I saw on the helmets yesterday were for academic achievements.

They're the new forward facing Hogs.

74AE1BB9-F2FA-49B9-BBB7-D60D33EE54B7_zps

Not sure what's going on with Old Dominion...they showed this over the summer :

wv8S8nj.png

but still seem to be using the old set and helmet , or at least did for their game vs. Hampton.

1628011000.jpg

They may not have received all of their new uniforms in time for the first game or maybe they only got new away uniforms and didn't update their homes.

Adidas tweeted this and as soon as I saw it I thought something was off about the helmet. Then I realized it's a blue stripe down the middle and all yellow (at least the part you can see). So I was wondering if it was just the angle or if Michigan is getting a new helmet for a game(?) https://twitter.com/adidasfballus/status/505742380725567488

Probably a bad photo shop

Letsgoblue.png

holland_hs_sig.pngHollandMichiganPNG_zps9365937b.png

Adidas tweeted this and as soon as I saw it I thought something was off about the helmet. Then I realized it's a blue stripe down the middle and all yellow (at least the part you can see). So I was wondering if it was just the angle or if Michigan is getting a new helmet for a game(?) https://twitter.com/adidasfballus/status/505742380725567488

Probably a bad photo shop

Let's hope so... jeez.

Cardinals -- Rams -- Blues -- Tigers -- Liverpool

Check out my music!

Archived