College Football 2014 Season

buckeye

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wazzu is wearing these in practice this week...i hope their fans throw a fit

Bxiko80CQAAodGl.jpg

Why would their fans throw a fit? Im a Husky and I actually like these

Because they're pretty terrible. Stick with the crimson and gray.

Duke is calling their game this weekend Throwback Day and they're wearing helmets like what they wore in 1989 when Spurrier coached them to the ACC title.

BxrHPqBIQAAKeWZ.jpg

One of the best helmets in 2014. Bring it back full time, Duke.

I think that Wazzu helmet looks great. If they added silver to the logo, that would be even better. I get that they have been a silver and crimson team, but this really looks good.

The Duke facemask should be white if it's a true throwback.

Yes, the facemask should be white. As for the Duke script, that is the stuff of nightmares. Never want to see it again after this weekend. The blue version with black script was even worse.

Arizona desperately needs white numbers....these look terrible

Bxh3XF8CUAAbc0h.jpg

"KING KONG! AIN'T. GOT. NOTHIN. ON. ME!"

And for you knuckleheads, it's because his stance is very simian-like. Not making any comments about color or race.

Sooooo much wrong with that Arizona uniform. I'll start with the NBA tank-top jersey being placed over football pads. The "Chris Hovan Effect," I call it.

Bxiko80CQAAodGl.jpg

They have a long history of silver/crimson helmets

Yeah I know their school colors...I'm saying I have no problem with the white helmet. I have no problem with any white helmet because white is one of every schools colors. And as long as they put a school color decal on the helmet (and as long as its not oversized/ number on one side) then I don't see why anybody would have a problem with it.

17+Fiest+Bowl_sig.png

Bxiko80CQAAodGl.jpg

They have a long history of silver/crimson helmets

Yeah I know their school colors...I'm saying I have no problem with the white helmet. I have no problem with any white helmet because white is one of every schools colors. And as long as they put a school color decal on the helmet (and as long as its not oversized/ number on one side) then I don't see why anybody would have a problem with it.

My personal opinion is that unless your team has a long standing tradition of wearing white helmets, stay away from them and buck the trend. It reminds me of stock pop warner helmets purchased off the shelf of a sporting goods store. Color is your friend.

Looks like Texas A&M will be wearing an alternate uniform that throws back to 1939 for their game against Louisiana-Monroe on 11/1 in honor of the 75th anniversary of Texas A&M's last national title. Adidas tweeted this out.

Honor the past. Own the future. A tribute to the 1939 National Champion Aggies. 11/1/14. #GigEm #teamadidas

BxrtwAJCIAE-Mp8.jpg

A&M STILL celebrating that pre-WWII national title (pssssssssst, that's a LEATHER helmet).

SMU to wear chrome helmets against Texas A&M Saturday:

ULYEgC4.jpg

FsQiF2W.png

Looks like Texas A&M will be wearing an alternate uniform that throws back to 1939 for their game against Louisiana-Monroe on 11/1 in honor of the 75th anniversary of Texas A&M's last national title. Adidas tweeted this out.

Honor the past. Own the future. A tribute to the 1939 National Champion Aggies. 11/1/14. #GigEm #teamadidas

BxrtwAJCIAE-Mp8.jpg

A&M STILL celebrating that pre-WWII national title (pssssssssst, that's a LEATHER helmet).

ULYEgC4.jpg

Those are gonna look really bad. Anyone remember Michigan State's a few years ago and how the silver chrome blended in too much?

AM-JKLUm-gD6dFoY5MvQGgjXb2rzP7kMTHmGf8UsR6KOCYQnHU-0HSFi-zjXHepGDckUAHcduu3pVgvwxe06RKDW2y2Z2BmhEOe8OP-WSY1XqLT9KsQ0ZP75J9loQuNrvLW208pEWCg9jq8aNx-zFneH9aPQQA=w800-h112-no?authuser=0

spacer.png

It's the only legitimate title we have :(

Remember, you're in the SEC now which means you get to claim a part of every national title the conference wins.

THEY HAD TA BEAT US SO WE MUST BE GOOD SEC SEC SEC

:P

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

It's the only legitimate title we have :(

Remember, you're in the SEC now which means you get to claim a part of every national title the conference wins.

THEY HAD TA BEAT US SO WE MUST BE GOOD SEC SEC SEC

:P

Finally someone gets it.

Woo War Damn Roll Toddy Geaux Gig Em Clanga Pig Sooie!

ULYEgC4.jpg

Seems pretty obvious they got that idea from the Calgary Stampeders.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Duke is calling their game this weekend Throwback Day and they're wearing helmets like what they wore in 1989 when Spurrier coached them to the ACC title.

BxrHPqBIQAAKeWZ.jpg

Is that a cursive script.. On a white helmet.

I think I'm in love.

This must be a faux back. Because if it was a true Throwback the facemasks would be white. I was at that Duke All American Bowl in Birmingham his last game at Duke, and those facemasks were white.

dspfb174320010.jpg

Archived