College Football 2014 Season

buckeye

I was trying to explain to my Sooner friend how Nike was lazy and gave Arkansas and Washington the same template and pulled that "mimics the iconic ____" crap to sell it to the fanbase.

He thought it was hilarious and absurd and was shocked that a school would eat that up. And I forgot about Oklahoma's alternates being part of that mix.

Future awkward conversation coming.... :blink:

Part of the problem comes with the fact that all these schools (Arkansas, Washington, and Oklahoma) were having these designs created at the same time. None of the three knew what the other was doing, and thus, couldn't say, "hey, isn't that the same crap with a different explanation?"

That where the honus falls on Nike to not recycle things like this, and pitch them as a custom design for a specific client. I think that's my biggest gripe when elements get reused like this.

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Notes for the weekend from uni watch

New jerseys for New Mexico (Turquoise used to be a school color a long time ago im guessing)

Bx06Zj6CAAA-cSj.jpg

Isn't turquoise a native american color for peace or something like that? I believe that Oregon St, Florida St and I think Nevada wore turquoise basketball uniforms the past few years. This might have something to do with that or just the fact that New Mexico is known for its turquoise manufacturing.

Indiana will be wearing this helmet tomorrow at Missouri along with white jerseys and pants. This is the first time this helmet design has been used. I still hate the thick red stripe but this design is better than the one with the numbers on the side of the helmet.

IUWhiteStateFlag_zpse9bb5471.png

I hate how a player has to wear the Revo Speed helmet for the big red stripe to actually look good.

New jerseys for New Mexico (Turquoise used to be a school color a long time ago im guessing)

Bx06Zj6CAAA-cSj.jpg

It was.

44.gif

i wouldnt mind something like that for tulane with light blue numbers and trim as an away or away alt

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

Bx06Zj6CAAA-cSj.jpg

Isn't turquoise a native american color for peace or something like that? I believe that Oregon St, Florida St and I think Nevada wore turquoise basketball uniforms the past few years. This might have something to do with that or just the fact that New Mexico is known for its turquoise manufacturing.

New Mexico should go to turquoise full time, that set is beautiful.

Indiana will be wearing this helmet tomorrow at Missouri along with white jerseys and pants. This is the first time this helmet design has been used. I still hate the thick red stripe but this design is better than the one with the numbers on the side of the helmet.

ahaha are those shoulders Adidas enough?

"The pictures looked good on the computer," Will Brown explained

XCUfRbB.jpg

They're practice jerseys

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

Tennessee has similar (if not the same) template for practice jerseys, with the three stripes on the shoulders.

----

Also, on the College Gameday set, there is an updated FSU helmet next to the Clemson one. The updated darker gold indeed looks 80 billion times better.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

They're practice jerseys

This is why I hate UCLA's jerseys. They just need to put their foot down and say give us something closer to this for gameday.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

I know it's not the first home game for Virginia Tech, but their endzones have subtly become worse over the last 20 years. They had the great "VTHOKIES" endzones in the 90s, then had clean but block "Virginia Tech" endzones (slightly different styles every five years or so) until this year. The minimalism is just boring now.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

Yikes syracuse looks bad. White helmet with navy pants and navy jerseys-- it's hard to tell but it looks like there is black in there with the navy on the sleeves (why?)... and there's no white in the jersey/pants so the white helmet becomes even more out of place. Pretty awful

Archived