College Football 2014 Season

buckeye

Indiana's chrome helmet looks really good, IMO.

Indiana.JPG
Wow. He must always skip leg day.
It looks like he skips arms day as well.

He skips meal day.

These may be the funniest posts I've read on this site.

FSU's uniforms would look fine if they went back to the old helmets and pants.

As for Notre Dame...a helmet and pants mess. Wow.

I'm glad someone else thought Notre Dame looked bad. That was my first time to really watch one of their game at length this year and I thought they looked absolutely terrible.

Would Rudy have busted his ass to get on the team if Notre Dame looked then like they look now?

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nike fully explained the pattern when they released these uniforms. It's always felt wrong to me for someone to "create" a new Native American image. I think it would be like someone "creating" new ancient hieroglyphics found somewhere. It just doesn't seem right to me.

I'm not sure what you are talking about, but the images on the new FSU uniforms came directly from the Seminole Tribe of Florida. They are historic depictions of arrow, man on horseback (bottom right), and fire.

This image is linked directly from the Seminole Tribe of Florida's website.

patchSAMPLE.jpg

"If things have gone wrong, I'm talking to myself, and you've got a wet towel wrapped around your head."

Notre-Dame-Florida-St-Football-8.jpg

EJ-Manuel.jpg

I feel like I am in the extreme minority that the new FSU set is FAR SUPERIOR than the old one. It seems every week all people do on here is bash the new set. I think it top 5 best in the nation. And I loved the old set, but now it just looks dated and cheap-ish.

I agree.

I also like the way the pants don't match notre dames helmets (which I absolutely love and rank near the top for me). 1. It's impossible to match pants with a helmet as shiny as that. And 2. I feel like it gives off a retro vibe which I'm a big fan of.

Notre-Dame-Florida-St-Football-8.jpg

EJ-Manuel.jpg

I feel like I am in the extreme minority that the new FSU set is FAR SUPERIOR than the old one. It seems every week all people do on here is bash the new set. I think it top 5 best in the nation. And I loved the old set, but now it just looks dated and cheap-ish.

I agree.

I also like the way the pants don't match notre dames helmets (which I absolutely love and rank near the top for me). 1. It's impossible to match pants with a helmet as shiny as that. And 2. I feel like it gives off a retro vibe which I'm a big fan of.

Once the away set gets the garnet numbers, this will right up near the top of my list of modern successes. Great look with the Seminole sleeve symbols. I am also a fan of Notre Dame's set. You'll never match the helmet perfectly but I think they've done a decent job and the pants definitely evoke a throwback vibe.

That type of Seminole art is meant to be contained to small horizontal sizes. If they were to confine that pattern to the sleeve cuffs and a smaller collar, much like their previous set, then it would look much better and wouldn't give off the christmas sweater vibe that so many have complained about.

8150318.jpg

So according to your link the pattern on the stripe is, from top down, Arrow, Man on horseback, and Fire. I would have never known. I don't know if it was fully explained when they made their first debut.

Chief-Osceola-and-Renegade.jpg

Pretty interesting IMO. They still look crappy though. If they were implemented better It'd be ok.

You can learn more about the design here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-rC4A3f3lI#t=73

and

here

spacer.png

I agree.

Same. I usually hate when something like that doesn't match, but I like it for ND.

Wordmark_zpsaxgeaoqy.jpg

Archived