College Football 2014 Season

buckeye

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's not many pictures out there of that Wisconsin jersey. They wore it against Colorado in 1995.

016a-COLOWISC95.jpg1186379212_5ceb07c9d0.jpg

I was at that game...my junior year of college. Wisconsin was absolutely trounced in that game...which was no fun but the silver lining may be that we never saw that uniform again.

They definitely sold replicas. I know they sold #11 (QB Darrell Bevel) and I am thinking #13 (RB Carl McCullough, who ran for 1000 yards that year before being benched in 1996 in favor of freshman Ron Dayne). I did not consider buying one because of how ugly they were but I really wish I had. It would be quite the cool UW keepsake to have now. I have not seen one out and about or even at a game in years (probably since the 1990s). The replica was not too bad looking either...my recollection is that they did pretty well with the details.

PS: I just ran across a thread on these jerseys (and I said pretty much the same thing back in 06 that I said above). In it, someone found a photo of the #13 replica.

http://boards.sportslogos.net/topic/31797-wisconsin-badger-football-jersey/

Nice find. It looks like this might be the best game-action picture of the uniform out there:

Bumping again, because a new photo has surfaced (courtesy of Johnny O on the Uni Watch board):

Bevell_Darrell_.jpg

I had always been under the impression that these were an Apex product, but you can clearly see the Starter logo on the player on the left in that picture, in black, just above the number.

"The pictures looked good on the computer," Will Brown explained

XCUfRbB.jpg

Can anyone answer some questions about New Mexico State. Their helmet stripe had some kind of marks on the stripe and differmt ones on the back. Wondering if they mean something special to the school. And they also have a shoulder stripe on their white jerseys at least that I've never seen. Almost looks like Lebron's logo.

The pattern on the helmet stripes is two crossed pistols:

nmsuhelmet1.png

For some reason, it also says "PETE" on the back:

988682-542748965773374-465456349-n-jpg.j

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

Can anyone answer some questions about New Mexico State. Their helmet stripe had some kind of marks on the stripe and differmt ones on the back. Wondering if they mean something special to the school. And they also have a shoulder stripe on their white jerseys at least that I've never seen. Almost looks like Lebron's logo.

nmsuhelmet1.png

I thought you couldn't get away with gun references in sports this day and age, but this has them all over. Bring back the Houston Colt .45s and Washington Bullets!

"The pictures looked good on the computer," Will Brown explained

XCUfRbB.jpg

nmsuhelmet1.png

I thought you couldn't get away with gun references in sports this day and age, but this has them all over. Bring back the Houston Colt .45s and Washington Bullets!

Not if Oklahoma State has anything to say about it

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

There's not many pictures out there of that Wisconsin jersey. They wore it against Colorado in 1995.

I was at that game...my junior year of college. Wisconsin was absolutely trounced in that game...which was no fun but the silver lining may be that we never saw that uniform again.

They definitely sold replicas. I know they sold #11 (QB Darrell Bevel) and I am thinking #13 (RB Carl McCullough, who ran for 1000 yards that year before being benched in 1996 in favor of freshman Ron Dayne). I did not consider buying one because of how ugly they were but I really wish I had. It would be quite the cool UW keepsake to have now. I have not seen one out and about or even at a game in years (probably since the 1990s). The replica was not too bad looking either...my recollection is that they did pretty well with the details.

PS: I just ran across a thread on these jerseys (and I said pretty much the same thing back in 06 that I said above). In it, someone found a photo of the #13 replica.

I actually like the jersey! My only complaint is the the W on the left shoulder is facing backwards.

It's interesting that that one-off has become such a legend whereas if it were worn today it would get a shrug and be mostly ignored. Teams just didn't wear a random jersey in the middle of the season back then. These days it's weird if you go through a season with only two jerseys.

I liked the one-game jerseys too, although I think they would have looked better with red pants, like a red version of this set from the Jets:

4648328627_6fd091afcd_b.jpg

8557127226_fbd001ef58_n.jpg

I actually like the jersey! My only complaint is the the W on the left shoulder is facing backwards.

It's interesting that that one-off has become such a legend whereas if it were worn today it would get a shrug and be mostly ignored. Teams just didn't wear a random jersey in the middle of the season back then. These days it's weird if you go through a season with only two jerseys.

I liked the one-game jerseys too, although I think they would have looked better with red pants, like a red version of this set from the Jets:

4648328627_6fd091afcd_b.jpg

amazing what happens when someone can get the shade of green right

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

Yes. I think that Razorbacks jersey lasted just one game. Same as Wisconsin's Cowboys alternate ripoff. Apex was responsible for all those too. Champion made Minnesota's uniforms at the time.

These?

502007e9e2dbc.preview-620.jpg

Was all I could find on a quick Google search

That's them. I think Starter and Apex One used the same designs and companies to produce their gear.

It was an Apex design that had already been produced when Starter bought Apex's assets and most of their college contracts after they went belly-up. Ripon manufactured most on-field uniforms for both companies and just slapped the Starter logo on.

Doing some random browsing and came across this picture from the Bayou Classic between Grambling and Southern.. I thought Grambling was a black and yellow school but looks like they incorporated red into the uniforms for this game or have they done this before?

6069971_G.jpg

16458226-mmmain.jpg

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

Doing some random browsing and came across this picture from the Bayou Classic between Grambling and Southern.. I thought Grambling was a black and yellow school but looks like they incorporated red into the uniforms for this game or have they done this before?

6069971_G.jpg

16458226-mmmain.jpg

Gram is alot like Maryland. Uses black, gold, red and white.

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

Even when Doug Williams was there they wore yellow, red and black. Some of the former coaches didn't like it and phased it out. Personally, I think having it included makes the uniforms look somewhat better. Granted it needs to be part of the entire uniform. And using an outdated Russell template didn't help either.

km3S7lo.jpg

Zqy6osx.png

Archived