College Football 2014 Season

buckeye

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Doing some random browsing and came across this picture from the Bayou Classic between Grambling and Southern.. I thought Grambling was a black and yellow school but looks like they incorporated red into the uniforms for this game or have they done this before?

6069971_G.jpg

16458226-mmmain.jpg

Are the yellow notches on the jersey meant to represent the iconic jaws of Eddie Robinson Stadium?

Doing some random browsing and came across this picture from the Bayou Classic between Grambling and Southern.. I thought Grambling was a black and yellow school but looks like they incorporated red into the uniforms for this game or have they done this before?

6069971_G.jpg

16458226-mmmain.jpg

Are the yellow notches on the jersey meant to represent the iconic jaws of Eddie Robinson Stadium?

I think they represent the copper tubing that's been notched out of student hot water heaters by greedy university employees:

http://www.knoe.com/home/headlines/Audit-shows-theft-totaling-130000-at-Grambling-State-University--284406411.html

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

So is there any actual proof of this apparent switch to Adidas for ASU? I've been looking all over for a link and I can't find one. Was it just a mention on Twitter, or is there a link I'm missing?

No official announcement...can't get any of my contacts in athletics or trademark & licensing to spill. I will say that all ASU Nike gear on campus is discounted (possible writing on the wall).

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

So is there any actual proof of this apparent switch to Adidas for ASU? I've been looking all over for a link and I can't find one. Was it just a mention on Twitter, or is there a link I'm missing?

No official announcement...can't get any of my contacts in athletics or trademark & licensing to spill. I will say that all ASU Nike gear on campus is discounted (possible writing on the wall).

Not sure if this was already posted but...

https://arizonastate.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1709610

Not sure if this was already posted but...

https://arizonastate.rivals.com/content.asp?CID=1709610

Still no official announcement/presser by either ASU or Adidas though.

(MLF) Chicago Cannons,  (IHA) Phoenix Firebirds - 2021 Xtreme Cup Champions

(WAFL) Phoenix Federals - WAFL World Bowl XII Champions (Defunct)

Would ASU get to keep the new logos or are we talking another rebrand altogether?

Ultimately depends on if Nike owns any of the logos. Mississippi State lost their MSU logo because of that. I'd imagine adidas would come up with something new, even if it is just a seldom seen alternate logo.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

isn't it great to see the cookie cutter flywire jersey again?

B4Cr0e0CYAEZ-N1.jpg

are there any teams that still use that?

I know Wyoming still uses it. Also, ECU is wearing their black helmets but with the purple facemask that they wore with the white helmets.

17+Fiest+Bowl_sig.png

Vanderbilt's white uniforms I know have it, but with a white FlyWire shoulder. I think the old black ones - before the infamous ANCHOR DOWN new ones - did too, but don't quote me on that.

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

Rumors from a couple sources are saying that Oregon will be wearing white helmets/Kelly green jerseys/white pants tonight.

Confirmed

10849814_770995742949272_346361254973931

That looks awful. There is no white on the jersey. So it doesn't really go with the white pants and helmet.

Good source, huh?

Twitter.

Nope, a message board that's broken a few rumors and stories before. Sources have been spot-on with uniforms this season and pretty good about injury updates with regards to who's out and who's coming back that week.

I saw those photos on the Ducks twitter page, not on any message board.

Archived