College Football 2014 Season

buckeye

Except when you consider the fact that they are called the RED raiders.

But they historically have worn black a lot, I would prefer them to red instead of grey

The Golden Flashes don't wear gold

True, but they should. This jersey + navy pants would have been the perfect look for Kent State:

cribbs-ksu-long-horizjpg-0e7ff9cd3adb6b8

xLmjWVv.png

POTD: 2/4/12 3/4/12

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nebraska is wearing those for the Illinois game. I'm not sure if I'll be able to look at those awful uniforms for an entire game.

At least we'll have something to agree upon during that game.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Closer look of the Air Force helmet

Bt5py6MCAAAp8wI.jpg

Kudos to the Air Force Academy for a very progressive effort here. I applaud their commitment to the environment by recycling 1970s era conversion vans into football helmets. I can only presume the sweet blue shag carpeting that once covered every square inch of these vans' interiors has been repurposed as the end zone surfaces.

Bt5py6MCAAAp8wI.jpg

Kudos to the Air Force Academy for a very progressive effort here. I applaud their commitment to the environment by recycling 1970s era conversion vans into football helmets. I can only presume the sweet blue shag carpeting that once covered every square inch of these vans' interiors has been repurposed as the end zone surfaces.

If you look close, you can see the wings from Journey's album covers stitched into the collar.

AlbumCovers-Journey-Evolution%25281979%2

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

Those UH uniforms are so boring, I'm falling asleep just looking at them.

Personally I'll take boring over ugly any day of the week, but to each his own.

These Adidas alternates just keep getting worse for the Huskers, IMO.

However, the best part about the reveal? Bo Pelini suited up.

Bt9VL9KCMAEec5g.jpg

The defense rests. B)

Bt5py6MCAAAp8wI.jpg

Okay, upon closer inspection, I still like this. My only issue is that they either should've had logo blend into the white part, or do something to it (use another color, outline it) to make it stand out better. But other than that, it's a nice helmet.

Tradition is the foundation of innovation, and not the enemy.

Those Nebraska alternates, yet again proving that just because Adidas can does not mean that they should.

They just had to keep that train going after the World Cup fiasco.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

I'm starting to think Adidas just doesn't care about football anymore.

You're right. From a US perspective they're focused on meddling with the nba and trying to maximize revenue off of sleeves and alts. From a global perspective they're focused on outbidding nike for elite football clubs.

American football and university sponsorships are no longer a priority.

Archived