College Football 2014 Season

buckeye

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like Texas A&M will be wearing an alternate uniform that throws back to 1939 for their game against Louisiana-Monroe on 11/1 in honor of the 75th anniversary of Texas A&M's last national title. Adidas tweeted this out.

Honor the past. Own the future. A tribute to the 1939 National Champion Aggies. 11/1/14. #GigEm #teamadidas

A&M STILL celebrating that pre-WWII national title (pssssssssst, that's a LEATHER helmet).

SMU to wear chrome helmets against Texas A&M Saturday:

ULYEgC4.jpg

Seems pretty obvious they got that idea from the Calgary Stampeders.

If you mean a red helmet, SMU has worn a red helmet w/ a white pony way back in the late 60's. If you mean the logo itself, I had always thought SMU had it first, but according to my just completed search of the interwebs, they both started using it in 1968. If you mean the chrome... I have no idea.

ff732bdd296027f6df79ebcce894f5f52b17612c29_hixson.jpg

I found this image of the Stampeders from the 60's... not sure of the year. (Is that Toronto they're playing?)

Harris.Wayne-wide.JPG

Looks like Texas A&M will be wearing an alternate uniform that throws back to 1939 for their game against Louisiana-Monroe on 11/1 in honor of the 75th anniversary of Texas A&M's last national title. Adidas tweeted this out.

Honor the past. Own the future. A tribute to the 1939 National Champion Aggies. 11/1/14. #GigEm #teamadidas

A&M STILL celebrating that pre-WWII national title (pssssssssst, that's a LEATHER helmet).

SMU to wear chrome helmets against Texas A&M Saturday:

ULYEgC4.jpg

Seems pretty obvious they got that idea from the Calgary Stampeders.

If you mean a red helmet, SMU has worn a red helmet w/ a white pony way back in the late 60's. If you mean the logo itself, I had always thought SMU had it first, but according to my just completed search of the interwebs, they both started using it in 1968. If you mean the chrome... I have no idea.

ff732bdd296027f6df79ebcce894f5f52b17612c29_hixson.jpg

I found this image of the Stampeders from the 60's... not sure of the year. (Is that Toronto they're playing?)

Harris.Wayne-wide.JPG

Good research and nice job . I think SMU is fine with a red helmet . That is like Syracuse and Stanford arguing who used the S first on the helmet

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

Duke used the script logos at the turn of the century.

3LVZ5CN.jpg

QrWqkFj.jpg

not Duke's best look, but Carolina looked much better then

Carolina wears garnet and black, not two blues, that's North Carolina.

PHI ALPHA! SIGMA ALPHA EPSILON. CAROLINA GAMECOCKS. ST. LOUIS CARDINALS. ST. LOUIS BLUES. ORLANDO CITY SC. JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS.

sc_gamecocks_sig1.png

3LVZ5CN.jpg

QrWqkFj.jpg

I'm familiar with North Carolina, South Carolina, Coastal Carolina and even East Carolina.....never heard of just "Carolina." :P

gYH2mW9.png

Duke is calling their game this weekend Throwback Day and they're wearing helmets like what they wore in 1989 when Spurrier coached them to the ACC title.

BxrHPqBIQAAKeWZ.jpg

Is that a cursive script.. On a white helmet.

I think I'm in love.

This must be a faux back. Because if it was a true Throwback the facemasks would be white. I was at that Duke All American Bowl in Birmingham his last game at Duke, and those facemasks were white.

dspfb174320010.jpg

Both those guys are perfect examples of late 80's early 90's cfb. Just classic looks.

Duke is calling their game this weekend Throwback Day and they're wearing helmets like what they wore in 1989 when Spurrier coached them to the ACC title.

BxrHPqBIQAAKeWZ.jpg

Is that a cursive script.. On a white helmet.

I think I'm in love.

This must be a faux back. Because if it was a true Throwback the facemasks would be white. I was at that Duke All American Bowl in Birmingham his last game at Duke, and those facemasks were white.

dspfb174320010.jpg

Both those guys are perfect examples of late 80's early 90's cfb. Just classic looks.

Replace the helmet with a Dallas Cowboys helmet and their uniform problem is fixed!

87Redskins.png

3LVZ5CN.jpg

QrWqkFj.jpg

I'm familiar with North Carolina, South Carolina, Coastal Carolina and even East Carolina.....never heard of just "Carolina." :P

1280px-Carolina_Panthers_logo.svg.png

Arkansas state is being forced to remove the cross from our helemts that had the initials of two team members who passed away this offseason. Apperantly made it up to the state Supreme Court.

I posted a story about this in the "Sports General" section, but just in case you never go there, I will post it again here. As of this morning, the ASU players are allowed to wear the cross on their helmets if they want to as the school has been hammered with over 25,000 emails complaining about the removal of the crosses. In addition, one unnamed player sought legal advice from the Liberty Institute and they sent a letter to the President of ASU demanding the crosses be accepted or legal action would ensue. The player fought for his team's free speech and has won. Here is the link to the story and this is a great win in my opinion.

spacer.png

Arkansas state is being forced to remove the cross from our helemts that had the initials of two team members who passed away this offseason. Apperantly made it up to the state Supreme Court.

I posted a story about this in the "Sports General" section, but just in case you never go there, I will post it again here. As of this morning, the ASU players are allowed to wear the cross on their helmets if they want to as the school has been hammered with over 25,000 emails complaining about he removal of the crosses. In addition, one unnamed player sought legal advice from the Liberty Institute and they sent a letter to the President of ASU demanding the crosses be accepted or legal action would ensue. The player fought for his team's free speech and has won. Here is the link to the story and this is a great win in my opinion.

I wonder if the writers of those 25,000 emails will consider it a great win the first time a player feels he needs to express his free speech by displaying a satanic pentagram on his helmet?

3LVZ5CN.jpg

QrWqkFj.jpg

1280px-Carolina_Panthers_logo.svg.png

^^^

Still in North Carolina. ;)

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

I posted a story about this in the "Sports General" section, but just in case you never go there, I will post it again here. As of this morning, the ASU players are allowed to wear the cross on their helmets if they want to as the school has been hammered with over 25,000 emails complaining about he removal of the crosses. In addition, one unnamed player sought legal advice from the Liberty Institute and they sent a letter to the President of ASU demanding the crosses be accepted or legal action would ensue. The player fought for his team's free speech and has won. Here is the link to the story and this is a great win in my opinion.

I wonder if the writers of those 25,000 emails will consider it a great win the first time a player feels he needs to express his free speech by displaying a satanic pentagram on his helmet?

Exactly. I can't wait for players to start adorn their helmets with tributes featuring crescents, pentagrams, asian swastikas, and upside down crucifixes. Hell I'd promote the anarchist's circle A on my helmet as an honor/tribute to something if that's the road we're going down.

Archived