College Football 2014 Season

buckeye

• Replies 8.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pitt just posted on their Facebook page that they will be wearing helmets with the old script logo in tomorrow's game. (No word on any other changes.)

This is a pretty big deal! The current Pitt AD is the one who did away with the script logo, color change and name change to "Pittsburgh", he also squashed every previous attempt to do bring it back either for one game or permanently.

Tomorrow's game with Georgia Tech is homecoming so it's a special thing for that, hopefully it leads to a permanent change.

1609545.jpg

Pitt just posted on their Facebook page that they will be wearing helmets with the old script logo in tomorrow's game. (No word on any other changes.)

This is a pretty big deal! The current Pitt AD is the one who did away with the script logo, color change and name change to "Pittsburgh", he also squashed every previous attempt to do bring it back either for one game or permanently.

Tomorrow's game with Georgia Tech is homecoming so it's a special thing for that, hopefully it leads to a permanent change.

1609545.jpg

Not quite the full throwback script...but looks great. I suddenly can't unsee the need to dot the "i" though...

I got a kick out of some OSU fans saying that they didn't want black uniforms since it's not an official Buckeye color.

Official or not, I guess we're just supposed to overlook the pant stripe, shoulder stripe, helmet stripe and Buckeye stickers, then? C'mon OSU, it's not like you don't already have a decent amount of black in your uniforms presently.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

I got a kick out of some OSU fans saying that they didn't want black uniforms since it's not an official Buckeye color.

Official or not, I guess we're just supposed to overlook the pant stripe, shoulder stripe, helmet stripe and Buckeye stickers, then? C'mon OSU, it's not like you don't already have a decent amount of black in your uniforms presently.

They are FAR FAR FAR AWAY from the outcry there would be for a black alabama uniform

Cal Bears | Miami Dolphins | Cleveland Cavaliers |
@dcjames5

The ONLY thing wrong with Miami's uniforms is the collarbone stripes. They're clunky and distract from the otherwise very good design elements in the new set.

Those solid white pants kill it for me especially when worn with the classic white helmet with stripes.

spacer.png

I think Oregon is breaking out a new jersey tonight, this just popped up on the Duck Store

http://shop.uoduckstore.com/White_Nike_Oregon_8_Platinum_Player_Jersey_p/15275.htm

15275-2T.jpg?1414056057

Or possibly a fashion jersey that Nike has also done for the NFL with their Platinum Collection jersey series.

ARI-PLATINUM-JERSEY-607021_100_A.jpg

I'd put my money on fashion jersey, as those Ducks tops aren't legal this year.

They are FAR FAR FAR AWAY from the outcry there would be for a black alabama uniform

You have absolutely no idea...

"I believe in Auburn and love it!"

ojNNazQ.jpg

I think Oregon is breaking out a new jersey tonight, this just popped up on the Duck Store

http://shop.uoduckstore.com/White_Nike_Oregon_8_Platinum_Player_Jersey_p/15275.htm

15275-2T.jpg?1414056057

Or possibly a fashion jersey that Nike has also done for the NFL with their Platinum Collection jersey series.

ARI-PLATINUM-JERSEY-607021_100_A.jpg

I'd put my money on fashion jersey, as those Ducks tops aren't legal this year.

You have absolutely no idea...

MOD EDIT: No need for racism.

UyDgMWP.jpg

5th in NAT. TITLES  |  2nd in CONF. TITLES  |  5th in HEISMAN |  7th in DRAFTS |  8th in ALL-AMER  |  7th in WINS  |  4th in BOWLS |  1st in SELLOUTS  |  1st GAMEDAY SIGN

1609545.jpg

Not quite the full throwback script...but looks great. I suddenly can't unsee the need to dot the "i" though...

What's the full throwback script? Are you talking yellow gold vs. Vegas gold?

Pitt's AD was on the radio and stated that Pitt will stay script for football permanently. Like UCLA.....

Very good move all around.

I think it's a smart move...but it does create a brand disconnect with the rest of the athletic department if it's football only. But I'm not complaining. I like the cursive.

Smart is believing half of what you hear. Genius is knowing which half.

1609545.jpg

Pitt's AD was on the radio and stated that Pitt will stay script for football permanently. Like UCLA.....

Very good move all around.

I think it's a smart move...but it does create a brand disconnect with the rest of the athletic department if it's football only. But I'm not complaining. I like the cursive.

just give it 3-5 years and they will reverse course again and tell the media please call us Pittsburgh, pitt is not a fitting reference for our most glorious institution

1609545.jpg

The original had no white outline around it.

1609545.jpg

About :censored: time!!!

Orlando%20Magic_zpsjn8kx3lf.png

Archived