Raysox's US Soccer 2030- Football Manager Mod

raysox

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice job. Simple, but nice.

Glad your Albuquerque FC looks a lot different from my FC Albuquerque. Although we did chose the same sponsor haha - not that there were many others to chose from.
I had a sublimated + sign New Mexico symbol thingy on my jerseys to give it a more New Mexico touch to it and I also used the pattern from around the Abq city crest. There is a lot of unique things available to use on a team from NM. Unless you have another team from the state, it could be a wasted opportunity.

Well jokes are normally funny.

Posting this team because most of the teams left already exist.

Montreal Impact
The Impact were fighting to be the face of Canadian soccer. With Toronto and Vancouver battling in the top league, Montreal took it upon themselves to take the lead. They matched Vancouver's 5th seed in the playoffs in 2013, tying them for the farthest a Canadian club has ever made it in the MLS. This was not good enough. Montreal continued to build a team at the pro level, then used the success there to establish the youth system. In 2016, the Quebecois made it to the Eastern Conference Finals, only to lose to Sporting. The idea to compete, while remaining uniquely Canadian was a crazy idea, but the Impact did it. Players from all over the province went to the city to try to make the squad. The team continued consistent success, but still didn't have any major hardware, other than Canadian Cups. That changed when a French midfielder, formerly a starter of Lyon, was signed in the prime of his career. This was the missing piece. In 2021, with their Frenchman, a tough Scot in defense, and almost half of the starters on the National Team, the Impact went on to win the East, and the MLS Cup over the Galaxy. Things cooled off after the cup run, in 2023, the team missed the playoffs for the first time in 10 years. The Canadians they helped bring up went to play for stronger English sides, helping the national team, but leaving Montreal out to dry. The Impact still have a group of 4 or 5 youth players yearly that can compete for a first team squad, or loaned to Halifax for later. A very streaky team with a whole province behind them, a top half finish in 2030 is the goal for the boys at Saputo Stadium. The black striped look is way better than plain blue, so I wanted to make that the home. Add black and blue striped socks to it, and that was the resulting home uniform. The away is really similar to the set they had in 2013, but that is because it's a great look. Fleur de lis on a stripe up the middle, with some designs on the underarm.
Montreal_zps252f141c.png

I wouldve liked to see what you could do with Impacts crest but the stripes is what they should be wearing.

duscarf2013.pngg6uheq4mgvrndguzuzak1pcte.gif
"I don't understand where you got this idea so deeply ingrained in your head (that this world) is something that you must impress, cause I couldn't care less"

http://keepdcunited.org

Well I think the crest is pretty strong without gradients, same with SKC

Las Vegas Quicksilvers
The NASL was still trying to match the 24 team league the MLS put up. In 2021, a group of Las Vegas business owners wanted to play soccer in Sin City. There was a fan vote contest for the team name. In the poll was Las Vegas United, LVFC, and the Quicksilvers(former name of the NASL club). The Quicksilvers got half of the votes, and the team was announced. They began playing at Sam Boyd Stadium the summer of 2022 on the same field as the original team. The first half of the season was a disappointment, the team had a 5-10-2 record, and only sold 4,000 tickets a game. After the USA won the 2022 World Cup that summer, attendance doubled. The team had a bad first year, but it was okay since the NASL is super competitive. In the off season, the club signed a Midfielder from the Honduras U-20 team, which helped incredibly. They also signed a guy who became famous on YouTube for his ball handling tricks. The Silvers put him up front in a 4-4-2 formation. His play could lead to great opportunities, but he didn't have the stamina, and was sub par at finishing. He was cut that next season. The team never took the time to set up a good youth system, so they didn't have new players come up year after year, which led to spending. The team wasn't performing at the box office, and the owner soon went bankrupt from bad business deals. The team was saved from folding in 2028 by a new regime led by the American Outlaws Las Vegas group, who want to treat the team right. It's going to be a few years with the new owners to turn the team around, but the groundwork is there for the future. I really wanted to bring this team back. The crest shape is taken from a yakball concept that I really liked. I did dual greys because that's an underused color scheme. The q logo idea was taken from the original team, so I used it as the prominent feature in the crest. The clash is blue and white like the clash the old NASL team wore, and I think the shades really compliment eachother pretty well.
LasVegas_zps1f69ea84.png

Tampa Bay Rowdies
The new Rowdies started playing again in 2010 as FC Tampa Bay. The club got the rights to the NASL club's name and rebranded. After the club won a Soccer Bowl in 2012, the team continued to build as a club, and as a presence in Tampa Bay. With new owners adding seats along the sideline at Al Lang Field, the club could now seat 10,000 fans of the team. This was only the start. In 2015 and 2016, the club won back to back Soccer Bowls on the shoulders of strong free agent signings. The team could hardly hold the fans. The team needed a bigger stadium to fit the new supporters. After losing the Rays to Tampa in 2015, the city wanted to work with the Rowdies to ensure the club's future was in Pinellas County. A new 15,000 seat soccer specific stadium was in the plans for a renovated waterfront district. The stadium rand the same way as the field currently does, but renovated it for a rectangular field only. This left the great view of the water open at one section of the stadium, while packing 15,000 supporters around the other 80% of the field. For two years, the Rowdies played in places around the Bay, not settling in too long. The club's new stadium didn't mean immediate success on the field. Bitter rivals New York Cosmos won 2 of the next 4 championships. After one overachieving team snuck into the Soccer Bowl in 2023, the Rowdies figured they couldn't compete the way US soccer was trending. They merged with the Tampa USL side, who did have a youth system, and started using that to work players up to the big time. The Rowdies had strong youth players from all around the area join the Rowdies academy. The team's free agent buying ways were slowly coming to an end. The first player though the system was a defender from Clearwater, who earned a NASL best XI honor in his rookie season. Orlando City offered a bigger contract, but the player chose to stay home and grow with the club.The team continued to add free agents from all over the world, US, and local area. The team made it to the 2027 Soccer Bowl final after 4 years of frustration, losing to Cleveland in PKs. The next year, the Rowdies lifted the trophy over Richmond. This team could easily transition to the Championship, provided they take care of business in League One. That story made me seem like a super homer. But this is my favorite team, and I really like their hooped look. I think the jerseys currently are perfect, I replaced the Rowdies' wordmark with Publix as a sponsor. I wanted to make a crest logo instead of just the word Rowdies, so I did a very simplistic design. Not too much to write home about!

TampaBay.png

Updated the Tampa Bay script 1/16/14

Could I get some more comments please?

Tampa Bay Rowdies

The new Rowdies started playing again in 2010 as FC Tampa Bay. The club got the rights to the NASL club's name and rebranded. After the club won a Soccer Bowl in 2012, the team continued to build as a club, and as a presence in Tampa Bay. With new owners adding seats along the sideline at Al Lang Field, the club could now seat 10,000 fans of the team. This was only the start. In 2015 and 2016, the club won back to back Soccer Bowls on the shoulders of strong free agent signings. The team could hardly hold the fans. The team needed a bigger stadium to fit the new supporters. After losing the Rays to Tampa in 2015, the city wanted to work with the Rowdies to ensure the club's future was in Pinellas County. A new 15,000 seat soccer specific stadium was in the plans for a renovated waterfront district. The stadium rand the same way as the field currently does, but renovated it for a rectangular field only. This left the great view of the water open at one section of the stadium, while packing 15,000 supporters around the other 80% of the field. For two years, the Rowdies played in places around the Bay, not settling in too long. The club's new stadium didn't mean immediate success on the field. Bitter rivals New York Cosmos won 2 of the next 4 championships. After one overachieving team snuck into the Soccer Bowl in 2023, the Rowdies figured they couldn't compete the way US soccer was trending. They merged with the Tampa USL side, who did have a youth system, and started using that to work players up to the big time. The Rowdies had strong youth players from all around the area join the Rowdies academy. The team's free agent buying ways were slowly coming to an end. The first player though the system was a defender from Clearwater, who earned a NASL best XI honor in his rookie season. Orlando City offered a bigger contract, but the player chose to stay home and grow with the club.The team continued to add free agents from all over the world, US, and local area. The team made it to the 2027 Soccer Bowl final after 4 years of frustration, losing to Cleveland in PKs. The next year, the Rowdies lifted the trophy over Richmond. This team could easily transition to the Championship, provided they take care of business in League One. That story made me seem like a super homer. But this is my favorite team, and I really like their hooped look. I think the jerseys currently are perfect, I replaced the Rowdies' wordmark with Publix as a sponsor. I wanted to make a crest logo instead of just the word Rowdies, so I did a very simplistic design. Not too much to write home about!

TampaBay_zps315b8387.png

Could I get some more comments please?

I like the striped sleeves on both uniforms.

7wldHiW.png

Chelsea.png

The green is nice but I'm not a fan of the stripes, and maybe try a tampa-like name. I mean, you can give them a new identity. I'm just going to repeat it, LV is cool. You are doing a good job with this thread.

Everything is great about this whole series. Would have been nice to see an updated Rowdies wordmark, but it's still pretty good.

One dopey question here, though; Why is the MLS using the same font in 2030 as it is today? I thought leagues like the MLS with standardized fonts change them every few years or so.

I like this; you've polished the turd that is the Rowdies wordmark and made it reasonable. The only issue is that "Tampa Bay" is completely lost on the crest.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Awesome touch on the Rowdies jerseys with the stripes. Quality work as usual. Looking forward to see the rest of this series and who knows maybe one day one of these concepts will show up on a North American pitch somewhere.

5737a3a4-1de5-426d-a5eb-067469bdd6e3.jpg

Las Vegas: I like the strange colour scheme and jersey templates. Not feeling the logo too much, but it cant all be perfect right? :P

Tampa: Unique as always. Glad you kept them the same. I would make the Tampa Bay script white on the logo. Everything else is perfect.

Archived