Raysox's US Soccer 2030- Football Manager Mod

raysox

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Carolina Railhawks
One of the premier teams in the NASL is still around. They won the 2014 NASL Soccer Bowl with the strong team that got the most total points in 2013, but then took a dip when more and more teams were added. From 2014 to 2016, the team would be the team to beat, however only one championship was brought to Cary, NC. The team would lose players to expansion drafts watering down the Railhawks. In 2020, the once proud Railhawks drew only 4,000 a game, which was good fo a team competing for the wooden spoon. That year, the team would be bought by North Carolina business man. The team would change from navy to grey, and from there it only got better. Players from the Research Triangle, which is rich in soccer tradition, and newly signed free agents would help the team make the playoffs in 2021. A bitter rivalry with Charlotte would be started after both teams would fight to get players form other cities in North Carolina. The team would get a Brazilian goalie from an MLS side to man the team's net, complete with one of the best young defensive back 4, the Railhawks would go on to win the 2024 Soccer Bowl. The team still is almost guaranteed a top half finish year after year, and is a sexy pick for promotion in 2030. I went all orange on the home like the current team. The grey was added because I thought that the light grey would look great with a dark grey pant, better than navy atleast. The chevrons have a gradient effect, just kinda threw that in because I thought it looked nice.

Carolina_zps98cbcbc7.png

I love Chattanooga's logo. They really did a good job at keeping it traditional. Their jerseys have been rough but I too thing they had something with the double blue but they executed it poorly - but thats expected from a low tier team. I think you nailed it though! Only issue I have is the Volkswagen sponsor. Always hated coloured sponsors, just looks weird. But thats not your fault, as it is the actual sponsor.

I love everything about this league. I'd like to see some "disappointing" stories though. Feel like this league/every team has a "success" story, besides a few of them. Love the little paragraphs before each team.

Well if he does make any teams from Toronto, I'm sure you will be getting some disappointing stories, lol.

Chivas San Diego

The Goats are already considered the 2nd team in Los Angeles. Having to be guests in the StubHub Center wasn't good enough for the owners, so they looked for new stadium locations. When the Raiders moved to Los Angeles for the 2016 season, the plan was to move to Farmers Stadium along with them, and draw the crowd from the downtown area. The lease was signed and Chivas was set for the move, but at the last minute, the Raiders pulled out of the deal, stranding Chivas. For two seasons, they would play in Harder Stadium on the campus of UC-Santa Barbara. The team didn't want to make this their permanent home, so they looked south. The idea was to give San Diego their own team, and hopefully draw fans across the border that were fans of Guadalajara. Everything was in order. They would use Qualcomm Stadium for two years while a soccer specific stadium would be built in near by Chula Vista. A deal with Guadalajara had their youth system funnel straight to San Diego. The first year in their stadium was promising. 2020, new players, new facility, new coaches. The team would start their year off with sell out home wins against the Galaxy and Earthquakes. From their, the team posted a sub-500 record. In 2021, the team had a very good year. Chivas were on pace for the playoffs when the Mexican National Team fired their head coach after he failed to qualify for the World Cup. Rumors circulated on who would take the spot, and the day before a game against Miami, the Chivas boss jumped to coach El Tri. This pissed fans off, but it would get worse. Guadalajara was caught up in a match fixing scandal. The team was relegated from Liga MX, and brought up their seasoned San Diego prospects. Chivas scrambled to replace them, their talent pool was watered down by sharing the area with Tijuana's team. Worse players were sent by the parent club to season, making Chivas bottom feeders. They had to rely on the draft and youth system to bolster their team while most of the money went into fixing Guadalajara. The club finished 20th in the MLS in 2029, so relegation is possible for them. The uniforms are pretty similar, I think they own red and white stripes. I thought sublimated navy looked pretty good for them too.

Chivas_zps16a9846d.png

Buffalo Athletic
FC Buffalo currently plays in the NPSL. The team is one of the few bigger markets in such a small league. In 2019, when Detroit, Cleveland, and Milwaukee jumped from the NPSL to the NASL, FC Buffalo was looking to get out of such a small league. That year, with limited big competition, they would go on to win the NPSL title. The following season in 2020, Buffalo and Chattanooga jumped from the NPSL to the USL. The team rebranded to Buffalo Athletic for the new league. Western New York was now the home of a bitter rivalry. 2019 was also the year the Rochester Rhinos went on to win the USL championship. The Rhinos won a home and home series by a combined total of 6-1. This didn't sit well for the team to the west. Athletic had a rough first year. With new financial backing and a stadium being built closer to downtown, Atletic was looking for new toys. The GM signed a new manager, two players from Norway to help the team and create chemistry in mid. Adding that to a striker on loan from New York City FC, Buffalo swept Rochester in 2021. In their new stadium in 2022, the fanbase exploded with the new closer market. Athletic attracted players from New York and Ontario to play in their system. In 2024, with a strong roster built out of spite, Athletic experienced two of the greatest games in their history. Two wins in the US Open Cup over Chicago at home and DC United on the road made people believe this team was legit. Buffalo went on to beat the Kitsap Pumas, looking for a repeat championship. That was their last season in the USL. The team jumped to the NASL to complete the Rust Belt Derby with Detroit and Cleveland. The team has gotten worse since then. Their Norwegian duo went to play for Portland and the Cosmos, respectively. The team now starts 8 of 11 players from their youth system, but an Englishman now is playing in defense, so they could turn some heads. They're an outside shot to earn promotion, but Buffalo shouldn't be taken lightly. I did a split crest with the lightning bolt and star designs from the city flag. I used black to balance both colors out. The kits are pretty simple, and the first fully yellow home kits of the project so far!

Buffalo.png

I like the uniforms. They aren't bland at all in my opinion. Unique shoulder striping and sublimation on the White Kit, seems like a good pairing without getting cluttered. Everything is perfect for a mid tier team.

Everything you've done so far is gold, with Providence and Boston being my biased favorites. I almost wish you dropped the ball on a design or two just so I'd have something to say other than awesome, wow, and so nice.

Keep it up!

TDZiMMB.png

For Buffalo on the crest where it says 'Athletic' may I suggest a gold or white outline to it? It gets lost in the blue. Everything else is pretty nice. Not really big in soccer uniforms so I don't really know much, but it looks nice.

Archived