Raysox's US Soccer 2030- Football Manager Mod

raysox

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Milwaukee Bavarians
In 2018, the NASL was getting back to it's feet. The idea was to build teams from big markets, using the USMNT's World Cup victory as the launching pad. The owner of Miller Beer, caught up in the excitement of the World Cup, decided to throw his hat in the ring. He announced plans for Milwaukee SC to begin play in the NASL. Supporters of the Milwaukee Bavarians quickly stepped in and showed him a very well made power point. The Bavarians' history stretched back to 1929, with German immigrants starting the team. Facinated, and eager to make a fake German product, the Bavarians got the call to the big leagues. A rebrand updated the logo to black and blue, and they were set. They would sell out the 2,200 seat Engelmann Field on the campus of UW-Milwaukee. A key midfielder picked up in a dispersal draft would be the first star in Milwaukee. Despite a 12th place season, the midfielder tied the record of weekly XI appearances. The coach was fired, and the coach of the Duke Blue Devils Men's team was hired. He brought a unique fast paced game to the NASL. A keeper from near by Racine became the starter in 2022, and he lead the league in saves. Still, the Bavarians missed the playoffs. After 3 years of scouting out new stadium locations, a spot near the airport was chosen. Construction began on the 14,000 seat stadium, with room to expand. In the plans was a great training facility a few blocks away. The Bavarians use the Fire as their parent club, with Chicago sending players needing some first team reps north. Milwaukee is a few years off from competing with the best clubs in the country. They need a person at charge that has a soccer pedigree to help in team development.

The logo was fun to do. I used the current crest, with some cues from Bayern. I simplified "soccer club" to SC and put the Bavarian flag in the middle in the colors used. The kits are really clean, with a chest stripe running across.

Milwaukee_zps02c34d5a.png

On the Buffalo crest, I tried "Athletic" white when I was originally doing the concept. It was just as hard to read on the yellow. I went with black because the lightning bolts are also white and it seemed like too much in such a small space, if that makes sense.

Milwaukee Bavarians

In 2018, the NASL was getting back to it's feet. The idea was to build teams from big markets, using the USMNT's World Cup victory as the launching pad. The owner of Miller Beer, caught up in the excitement of the World Cup, decided to throw his hat in the ring. He announced plans for Milwaukee SC to begin play in the NASL. Supporters of the Milwaukee Bavarians quickly stepped in and showed him a very well made power point. The Bavarians' history stretched back to 1929, with German immigrants starting the team. Facinated, and eager to make a fake German product, the Bavarians got the call to the big leagues. A rebrand updated the logo to black and blue, and they were set. They would sell out the 2,200 seat Engelmann Field on the campus of UW-Milwaukee. A key midfielder picked up in a dispersal draft would be the first star in Milwaukee. Despite a 12th place season, the midfielder tied the record of weekly XI appearances. The coach was fired, and the coach of the Duke Blue Devils Men's team was hired. He brought a unique fast paced game to the NASL. A keeper from near by Racine became the starter in 2022, and he lead the league in saves. Still, the Bavarians missed the playoffs. After 3 years of scouting out new stadium locations, a spot near the airport was chosen. Construction began on the 14,000 seat stadium, with room to expand. In the plans was a great training facility a few blocks away. The Bavarians use the Fire as their parent club, with Chicago sending players needing some first team reps north. Milwaukee is a few years off from competing with the best clubs in the country. They need a person at charge that has a soccer pedigree to help in team development.

The logo was fun to do. I used the current crest, with some cues from Bayern. I simplified "soccer club" to SC and put the Bavarian flag in the middle in the colors used. The kits are really clean, with a chest stripe running across.

Milwaukee_zps02c34d5a.png

On the Buffalo crest, I tried "Athletic" white when I was originally doing the concept. It was just as hard to read on the yellow. I went with black because the lightning bolts are also white and it seemed like too much in such a small space, if that makes sense.

love the uniforms. the black and blue color scheme is great.

7wldHiW.png

Chelsea.png

What about just a white outline though? Or gold outline? I agree white wouldn't look visible either, but maybe just a 1 or 2 point stroke could help.

Just a thought. Since American Soccer tends to name their teams after popular International teams, wouldn't Bayern Millwaukee be a good idea for a team name?

Gross. But, seriously, the Bavarians really have been around as a club for that long; their top team currently plays in the NPSL; that's going to make it fun when MNUnited fields a reserve team in NPSL this year. If only Milwaukee would field a second-division team again.

---

As for the design, it feels like black is totally the easy way out; it'd make a better change strip. Also, something that bugs me a little about many of these (the same way it annoys me with the Timbers in real life right now): one pair of shorts. That's not how it works. :P

(Overall, this is really solid work.)

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

I always read the stories before seeing even a sliver of the concept. When you said Black and Blue I was very worried because that usually ends in a disaster... However, pleased to see it was quite the opposite. Great German feel all together.
The only problem I can see is because the template you use, the collar is much lower/ the crest is a lot higher, causing the Bavarian Stripe to be below the logos. On a proper kit, the sponsor may end up being too low so the stripe may look better along with the crest. But thats just my thought, they still look great.

Great concepts. Don't understand the shorts argument either. Plus it's not like the club can't just get alternate shorts to wear sometimes. Portland has alternates. They just rarely ever wear them. They have red shorts, as well as green shorts. Both I think have been worn once ever.

Keep up the good work Raysox

Senior Creative at Sporting Kansas City. Follow me on Twitter: @NateTheDesigner 

about the shorts thing, I really like the Black/White majority on this kits. Similar to Bayern Munich, where blue is in their logo, its not on their kits. I like how blue isn't a major aspect in this kit. I would leave it. I don't think you have any other all black teams anyway.

Detroit City
Like I said before, the NASL was looking to bring up clubs in big markets stuck in the NPSL. Milwaukee, Detroit, and Cleveland were the first to make the jump. Detroit City started playing in the NPSL in 2012. They played at a downtown high school until the announcement by the NASL. With the economy recovered, a the team received backing from the "Detroit Revival" program, and new sponsors. The ownership group had plans to renovate the Silverdome, but the supporters group was upset with that idea, since it wasn't actually in Detroit. A spot was found on Belle Isle, and a small 13,000 seat stadium was put up over 2 years. They worked with the Grand Prix to preserve the course, provide a better backdrop for the race, and work on a better transportation service to and from the island from the Michigan and Ontario. They drew well for a NASL side. The more open and available location helped Detroit City be one of the best supported NASL sides. That first year wasn't great, due to the carry over from the NPSL team not being able to match other teams physically. City stuck with their manager, who had two huge signings going into 2020. After scouting the Gold Cup, he bought a striker from Honduras, a midfielder from Jamaica, and former U-20 Canadian Keeper for very cheap. The team showed signs of improvement that season, and missed the playoff on a tie breaker. The money and attention the team got that year helped the team financially. The club put up money to improve a park with professional grounds keeping and new nets for inner city kids, and provide as a close practice facility. Two local Detroit players came up through the system and broke their way into their first team in 2024. MLS free agents, and new players together combined for the first real shot to for the championship in 2025. Mid season, Detroit went 10 games without a loss until their best defender, putting a hole in their back 4 and title hopes. The team came back hungrier and won the Soccer Bowl that next season over Indianapolis. The team hasn't been able to recreate the result since, but the stadium was expanded to 18,000 seats to fit the fans. The new scheduling allows fans to make it from Comerica Park to Belle Isle Stadium with time to spare. The support is there, but League One will be incredibly competitive this season. The crest is new, and I used the flag for the inspiration. I put the team nickname on the bottom the jerseys are similar to the current ones, with striping from the flag. The clash currently has off color sleeves, so that is the inspiration behind that. I chose nearby based Meijer as a sponsor for the club too.
Detroit_zps290eaee9.png

I think Detroit City might be my favorite yet of the series. Excellent work. My only advice would be to re-color the sponsor logo on the clash, I think it looks better when the sponsor's colors are re-colored to suit the team's pallette.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

Love Milwaukee. The black and blue are really sharp together, and the Bavarian flag stripe is nice.

Detroit's crest is really sharp. One of your better ones. It bugs me though that the gold piping on the home kit overlaps the Nike logo and crest. Also the round curves kind of clash with the straight lines in the logo.

Really liking everything about Detroit. Just notices the sublimated slashes on the Home, nice touch. The piping has potential. Maybe have them meet at the collar? and possibly do a Celtic style Nike logo (white logo with black outline) or in this case, a gold outline, so the logo doesn't get lost in it like it kinda is now. That's the problem with Nike kits, there is only one spot for their logo, unlike Adidas which has 3 placements - regular, upper regular and centre.

Everything else is perfect so don't change anything!!! haha

Just a thought. Since American Soccer tends to name their teams after popular International teams, wouldn't Bayern Millwaukee be a good idea for a team name?

Gross. But, seriously, the Bavarians really have been around as a club for that long; their top team currently plays in the NPSL; that's going to make it fun when MNUnited fields a reserve team in NPSL this year. If only Milwaukee would field a second-division team again.

---

As for the design, it feels like black is totally the easy way out; it'd make a better change strip. Also, something that bugs me a little about many of these (the same way it annoys me with the Timbers in real life right now): one pair of shorts. That's not how it works. :P

(Overall, this is really solid work.)

Didn't realize they were real :( I feel embarrassed now. :P

GB4tjYx.jpg?1?2352

player_was___taylor_by_verasthebrujah-d9

Curious question: What's the significance of the 21 stars pattern in the shield?

Otherwise, I really like it, though it'd be cool to fit the Spirit of Detroit in there since it's so prominent on the current crest.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Archived