Raysox's US Soccer 2030- Football Manager Mod

raysox

Yeah I'm considering going back and reworking Detroit's kits.

Curious question: What's the significance of the 21 stars pattern in the shield?

Otherwise, I really like it, though it'd be cool to fit the Spirit of Detroit in there since it's so prominent on the current crest.

The flag of the city is here, that's where the stars are from. I used it instead of the statue because I thought it transferred better. When I worked on that Birmingham concept originally, the guy wanted the whole Vulcan statue. I would choose simple images over detailed drawings on a crest any day.

I'm gonna post Cleveland later. That concept has been kicking my ass, but I wanted to group those 4 teams together.

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply

AFC Cleveland

Cleveland's team was started in 2011, and they've hit the ground running. According to the team, AFC stands for "A Fan's Club". The team is very close with their fans, and try to be as close to their supporters as they can. The team played in the NPSL, selling out their 8,000 seat stadium on the campus of Cleveland State. After 3 losing seasons for the Indians, AFC Cleveland benefited, making Saturday nights a great time to go to a soccer game. The club was one of the first to actually establish a youth system. The movement was started by supporters looking to help the club in the future. In 2018, when the NASL mentioned how they want to get more teams, Cleveland was one that was rumored to make the jump. With Detroit, and Milwaukee, Cleveland made the jump. They paid for expansions to Cleveland State's facilities. For major games, they would play at FirstEnergy Stadium, when the Browns were in the off season. In honor of this, the traditional clash kit became Brown-Orange-Tan, as a reference to the other tenants. Rust Belt Derby games, and bigger NASL games would be used when Cleveland could easily sell 20,000 tickets. The team continued to get better, almost all from within. Akron soccer team worked as a youth team almost, feeding the club with players who didn't get drafted by MLS. It was the closest they could come to playing at home. To help the fans, a bus would run to and from Akron's campus. A new supporters group of Zips was started, opposite of the original fans. The team was competing with the likes of the Cosmos, and Rowdies in the playoffs nearly every year. The new NASL attendance record was set by 32,000 fans sowing up for a Detroit City-AFC game. More and more games were played at the Browns stadium. In 2027, the team finished 8 games over .500 and snuck into the playoffs. The team began a magical run to the championship, and beat the Rowdies in penalty kicks infront of 28,000 people. AFC Cleveland had an article published about the club with the title "Sounders East". They have a shot at promotion, and if they are promoted, they would have the support of the big clubs. This crest kicked my ass. I went with a half and half one like the current, but decided to go stripes. The crest shape is the Houston Dash's crest. The AFCC logo replaced a lion, just because of Dayton's logo. The stripes have a design like Dortmund's puma set, and the clash is just 3 pretty colors together.

Cleveland_zps2e0017ff.png

Chivas San Diego

The Goats are already considered the 2nd team in Los Angeles. Having to be guests in the StubHub Center wasn't good enough for the owners, so they looked for new stadium locations. When the Raiders moved to Los Angeles for the 2016 season, the plan was to move to Farmers Stadium along with them, and draw the crowd from the downtown area. The lease was signed and Chivas was set for the move, but at the last minute, the Raiders pulled out of the deal, stranding Chivas. For two seasons, they would play in Harder Stadium on the campus of UC-Santa Barbara. The team didn't want to make this their permanent home, so they looked south. The idea was to give San Diego their own team, and hopefully draw fans across the border that were fans of Guadalajara. Everything was in order. They would use Qualcomm Stadium for two years while a soccer specific stadium would be built in near by Chula Vista. A deal with Guadalajara had their youth system funnel straight to San Diego. The first year in their stadium was promising. 2020, new players, new facility, new coaches. The team would start their year off with sell out home wins against the Galaxy and Earthquakes. From their, the team posted a sub-500 record. In 2021, the team had a very good year. Chivas were on pace for the playoffs when the Mexican National Team fired their head coach after he failed to qualify for the World Cup. Rumors circulated on who would take the spot, and the day before a game against Miami, the Chivas boss jumped to coach El Tri. This pissed fans off, but it would get worse. Guadalajara was caught up in a match fixing scandal. The team was relegated from Liga MX, and brought up their seasoned San Diego prospects. Chivas scrambled to replace them, their talent pool was watered down by sharing the area with Tijuana's team. Worse players were sent by the parent club to season, making Chivas bottom feeders. They had to rely on the draft and youth system to bolster their team while most of the money went into fixing Guadalajara. The club finished 20th in the MLS in 2029, so relegation is possible for them. The uniforms are pretty similar, I think they own red and white stripes. I thought sublimated navy looked pretty good for them too.

Chivas_zps16a9846d.png

Nice! I can't wait for 2033 when Chivas leaves the league and the San Diego rebrands itself after the historically most successful soccer team in the region (albeit indoor) - The San Diego Sockers! :)

Seriously, though, this thread has been awesome. Looking through it for the first time today. Great concepts!

Wow those are neat! I like how the logo's colours change with the kit. For the brown kit, I'm thinking it would look cleaner with the Orange hoop to be removed where the Progressive logo is...

Love the Cleveland crest. Very unique shape. And the tails on the banner look really neat.

The primary kit is really sharp. I like the jagged stripes. The homage to the Browns in the clash is really cool, although I agree with the above poster that the stripe behind the Progressive logo should be removed.

I really like the home, as the striping looks great. But on the clash the sponsor gets lost in the stripes I feel. But nice work overall on the last couple!

I guess the kickers are in the second league, as you've already passed the R's in the championship & first leagues. Unless you put them as Virginia, which would be weird considering there's also the Cavalry, which are coming this year.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

Albuquerque FC

After the announcement of the promotion and relegation system, many teams were created in anticipation, just to get their team started and not missing out on the chance to go big time. One of these teams were based in Albuquerque. A massive fan of the USMNT that lived in Albuquerque had the vision, he wanted to market the team as "New Mexico's Pro Team". After years of frustration, the team finally found the backers they needed. A new Borussia-type crest was made, and the team was ready. They set up shop to play at the soccer complex on UNM's campus. In the team's first year, they would sign all of the graduating seniors from the New Mexico Lobos soccer team, and filled the rest with players scouted from all over the Rockies. A youth team was set up, who had a unique connection with close by Native American towns, allowing young players to play with ABQ. A lot of players of Hispanic heritage began playing for the youth team too. The big club struggled it's first year, the assistant coach of the Lobos was hired as a manager, and he could only do so much. A scout was sent to Mexico, and several players cut by their teams were given a second chance, and would go north of the border to play. Attendance is slowly improving, ABQ averages 5,000 fans a game, which is good for such a young team. The club is still several years off from even making it to League One, but the vision is there, and with support from UNM, local tribes, and the people of New Mexico, the team has a bright future. The logo was a result of me wanting to make a crest with a city's airport code. Add that to the New Mexico flag's symbol, and it was pretty simple to throw together. Red and yellow was the obvious choice for the home set, but I went black instead of inverting the colors.
ABQ_zpsccc5b243.png

I really like Albuquerque, another big hit. It seems whenever I see an Albuquerque/New Mexico concept I usually enjoy it. It's good to know that's the same here. Excellent work, raysox. I really like the black clash kit as well, all-around great work.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

Archived