Raysox's US Soccer 2030- Football Manager Mod

raysox

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply

West Texas Wanderers
The 5th team in Texas has a weird history. El Paso got a team for the 2025 season. The deal was that West Texas United would play home games at the Sun Bowl, using the lower part bowl of the stadium for fans. The Sun Bowl was being renovated slightly, adding tarp roofing to cover the stands. However, the stadium wasn’t complete in time due to a workers strike. The team scrambled to find a replacement in the city, but nothing could be worked out in such short time. The USL worked on a schedule, giving West Texas 12 straight road games all over the country, this happening when the stadium was finished being repaired. During this time, the English manager they hired jokingly called them the Wanderers, similar to clubs in the UK. The name stuck, and even after their permanent home was finished, they continued play using the nickname. The season wasn’t a successful one, mostly due to the nonstop travel. They worked on a deal with the San Antonio Scorpions to bring up youth players. The club also tried to bring fans from Mexico, thanks to the much better border laws that were made in the last decade. “Los Vagabundos” sent a scout to Mexico to find some talent, and returned with a keeper, and midfielder shuffled back in the depth chart of 2nd level Mexican Soccer. They have basic youth systems, and won’t really be competitive until a few years down the road. A rivalry with Albuquerque is one thing that their fans look forward too. They also love playing bigger clubs in the Lone Star Cup, even though they have yet to win a game. I had the idea walking to class, and it was really easy to make. I felt like a simple logo like that would be classy. The uniform is very basic. I wanted to put a design that looked like a pocket under the crest logo. I ran light stripes across the front, like the USMNT leaked kit. The alternate is green and black hoops because I thought that’d look great.

WestTexas_zpsbba4cbf6.png

Hm, I'm not a fan of the random shield/shape around the crest thing, myself. Overall, not bad, though I thought you might extend the history of the El Paso Patriots in some way.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

The main crest minus the wordmark would probably work better rather than the shield IMO. Plus, the front of the jerseys look kinda plain without the sponsor. Maybe put Whataburger on the front, increase the size of the ball from the main logo to replace the current shield, and these sets are golden.

@loganaweaver - Twitter / @loganaweaver - Instagram / Nike Vapor Untouchable Football Template  / Logan's Logos

Great execution of the hoops for FC Dallas. As 1clkgtramg said, a bit of space between the number and the back hoop would be a plus. Some breathing room.

But mainly I want to say you're onto something with the bus idea, because FC Dallas actually started doing that last year. It still isn't terribly known, but it has 2 lines running. I think the plan is to eventually expand to places like Fort Worth, but for now, it just goes into parts of Dallas.

Hmm I would've thought that the reviews of the pocket would be more favorable. I'll fix later.

Richmond Kickers
For being one of the older continuous teams in the US, the Richmond Kickers were happy just hanging around in the USL. When the NASL was rebuilding after having teams stolen by the MLS, big market clubs were looking to make the jump from lower leagues like the NPSL. The fear of oversaturating the league with new unproven teams was present in the NASL office. This was when the Kickers front office made a call. The team boasted their almost 26 year history, and a 20,000 seat stadium. This was an easy call for the league to make. As sort of a lifetime achievement award, the Kickers were given the thumbs up on being tier two. They used the mostly the same roster in their first season, and with the new teams like Milwaukee and Detroit still building up, the Kickers were in the middle of the league. That year, a new rivalry was established with the Northern Virginia Cavalry. The Commonwealth Cup would go to the winner on points between the teams. Later, it was a round robin system when Norfolk joined the USL. To compete with the likes of the Indy Eleven, and Cosmos, the Kickers went out and made some moves in the off season. The 2020 season would see a Cuban striker that defected during the Gold Cup, a former MLS defender from Virginia, a 2nd tier Spanish defender signed as a free transfer, and a Danish goal keeper signed as a free agent from Minnesota United. The Kickers were loaded up on talent, and finished 6th in the league after being eliminated in the first round of the playoffs. They brought in 2 sensational youth midfielders to help connect the sides of the field. The roster was transforming away from their USL side to a more high-caliber attack force. 2021 wasn’t a dream season for them, their Cuban forward tore his ACL, and the Spanish defender was sold to the Flamingos. A bottom half finish wouldn’t deter the team. With a healthy Cuban, and the signing of a talented striker from Cameroon the Kickers were ready to compete. A loan move from the Fire sent a good defender, upset about playing time, to Richmond. He manned the back and helped the Kickers keep the lowest Goals Against Average in the NASL. A loss in the playoffs on PKs knocked them out. After two more seasons, the fan base continued to grow as they had over 16,000 people on average. The Kickers were battling for the playoffs every year, but not winning. The coach was on the hot seat to get things done. He brought in another good class of academy players. The solid core that was playing with them for the last 6 seasons had the right tools, and won the Soccer Bowl. The coach’s job was saved. Two more seasons later, the Kickers returned to the Soccer Bowl, but lost to the Rowdies. The team captivated a city and mixes with the big boys in the US Open, and NASL. They might not have the money to compete in the Championship, but they’re smart play could get them there. The crest is close to the current, but I cleaned it up a bit. The idea was there, but no gradients, and I simplified it a lot. The home is really basic, but I wanted a classy look for the team. I thought black and red on the clash was more unique than black and white, so I made something a 3rd grader would think was cool.

Richmond_zps34a01926.png

Both of those Richmond jerseys are just beautiful. But what if you changed the middle Adidas stripe and cuff (end of sleeve and pants stripe) to that "slightly darker shade of black" on the clash. That's the only thing that I would do to it. Nice job

Jake88%2BSignture.png

Well consider this the one I've been waiting for for the longest time, but it is beautiful! I don't exactly get how you made a "darker black" chevron on the clash, but it still looks great nonetheless, I love how you also put the sponsor and crest inside the chevron itself, excellent work!!! Hometown approved raysox.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

You could say that! All of the outlines I use are pure black, and for jerseys and stuff, I use 26/26/26 on the RGB color code(next color up on inkscape) so you can actually see designs.

(Danger zone.)

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

Rochester Rhinos
The Rhinos are with the Kickers in being an old team that is still playing. They didn’t really have the market to jump to the MLS, however. The rival Kickers made the jump to NASL over the Rhinos, which angered the team. Still playing in the USL, the Rhinos spent a little more money than in the past in 2019 to send a message to the NASL. They signed a former MLS midfielder, a Nigerian striker, and Canadian Keeper trying to break into the National team Roster. In addition to 3 youth players being brought up, the team was by far the strongest USL side that year. In the middle of the season, the Rhinos went 13 games without a loss. They steam rolled over competition, including the upstart Buffalo Athletic. They went on to win the cup in 2019. The NASL issued a statement that they were looking at Rochester as a candidate down the line, once the league was settled after the expansion. Two more seasons, and Rochester made the playoffs each time. A rich business man would come in and buy the team, and jumped to the NASL with the same guys in charge of the soccer side of the team. They rebranded for the move, and were ready to play in a bigger league. To celebrate, the team went out and bought an English defender to help at the back. But the team had trouble their first season in the NASL. Much better clubs would push around the Rhinos. They got a Columbus and Orlando midfielder on loan, just to grow both the players and team. They never earned a trophy in their NASL days. The biggest moment in team history was a stunning run to the Elite 8 of the US Open. The Rhinos might not make the Championship for a few years, but it’s possible if they continue to settle down and work from the ground up. With a history older than most Championship sides, it champs will be something the former US Open Champs have only dreamt about. The logo is new; I used an old Rhino logo as the base, and worked around it. I cleaned it up a lot, and put a soccer ball on its horn like the current logo. I wanted to keep the stripes, because that’s such a classy look.
Rochester_zps3cbf5caf.png

I only have 13 more concepts left of this series, it's a matter of typing out the stories. Once I get them all done(Probably by Friday, I'm waiting to see the Earthquakes logo), I'll just work on the stories and really crank them out.

I always thought a rhino would be a unique/school idea for a soccer crest. It looks fantastic too, great work. This series really is going by way too fast, this is like unwrapping some late christmas presents every day.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

I always thought a rhino would be a unique/school idea for a soccer crest. It looks fantastic too, great work. This series really is going by way too fast, this is like unwrapping some late christmas presents every day.

Praying he does something similar for another league like the A-League.

Archived