Raysox's US Soccer 2030- Football Manager Mod

raysox

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can this topic get pinned, so it never leaves the front page ever again?

Well, you could sort to "Most Viewed" and/or "Most Replied" and find it on the first page there.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

Seattle Sounders

The Seattle Sounders are one of the premier MLS teams. The first MLS cup was brought to the city in 2015, and the support continued to grow, making the owners untarp the upper deck in 2016. The move to navy from royal blue was in line with the Mariners rebranding, making navy and neon green the official colors of the city. That was until the team overspent to bring Wayne Rooney to the Pacific North West. That 4 year contract strapped the team, and plagued by leg injuries, they couldn't use their superstar. by 2020, the team was only selling 20k tickets a game. The Timbers were competing for titles year after year. In 2023, the team brought up a striker from their academy who led the MLS in goals. The attendance improved, and the team became able to compete against their rivals. The Sounders still haven't won a MLS cup since 2015, but the glory days are back in time for more competition. This was the first team I did. I use a lot of gradients like this because it seemed like something that would be worn. I also thought Navy looked way better than royal blue.

Seattle_zpse80b7586.png

Portland or OKC

I love how you use gradients throughout your kit concepts. How did you create the Charlotte home checkered flag and away plaid? I love them both

Don't worry Nas1787, your Canadian Soccer pyramid still exists in this world(Switching Winnipeg and Saskatchewan, but still)

Vancouver Whitecaps

The Caps are considered outsiders in their own rivalries. The Cascadia Cup has trended south, and the fight for the best Canadian team is gone east. After a 2013 playoff run, the team would miss the playoffs for 3 straight years. A lot of the older players on the playoff roster moved on, and the Whitecaps had an opportunity to raise some strong youngsters from their system. Being BC's team, they had most of Western Canada to draw from. Their main pieces were a goalkeeper and striker, who complimented young American and Canadian national team talent. With the 24 team league starting, the Whitecaps were predicted a 21st place finish in 2017. Their new English manager made a point to improve upon this standing. They got out to a 4-4 start, and was sitting in 8th in the West. The coach called a former midfielder of his, who had been buried on the depth chart at Aston Villa. He persuaded the player to jump to the MLS and get his form back.That was the best signing in Vancouver history. He came in and had an immediate impact on the team as a field general. In his first game, he completed almost every pass, leading the Caps to a 3-0 win over San Antonio. They made a mad charge to the playoffs, with a sturdy midfield and a high functioning attack. For one game against the Sounders, they took off the tarps and sold out BC Place, breaking the attendance record.They would sneak in by 1 point over RSL for the last spot. They were eliminated, but playoff experience was brutal in the development of the team. That next year, they had the same result, a first round exit. They signed a Brazilian RB to help out their needs at wing. Adding accurate crosses to the offense would help out a lot. 20 games in, and the Whitecaps were 8 points up on the playoff cutoff. But their MVP midfielder went up awkwardly for a header in a game against LA and twisted his ankle. They had to throw in a player from their system who wasn't ready, and the midfield became one of the weaker parts of the team. From then, the team slowly disintegrated. Other teams targeted their players and left them high and dry. They had to scramble and play residency players that weren't ready, and fell to the bottom of the MLS. To get the fans back, the Owners pushed a campaign to claim Canada as their own. Using players on their team to draw interest, 6 Canadian National players were brought in after the 2022 season. They had 4 years to get their footing back and compete before most of their team had to leave. They never really panned out, other than winning the Canadian Championship twice. Their manager was fired and they began rebuilding again. I love the crest, so I kept it. The all white look is classy and also stayed. The design I did mimics the crest with the mountains. The clash is different from the all navy look.

Vancouver_zps0d008e69.png

The Whitecaps kit looks great, wish the current kits looked this good :P Love this thread!

• 1 month later...

Raysox, last night i started trying this type of thing out, without the artwork, just a new format of American Soccer. today i get home from school and start working on it again, and i checked out your website, and low and behold you had the award up on there, and i just am in shock as soon as i start something youve got something a million times better than my idea. keep up your amazing work! i love every single rebrand on this thread, and i love the Dayton Dutch Lions back story! thank you for your hard work!

Has anyone had any difficulty loading this into FM 2014? I got an error starting that there are 27 teams in "Soccer League Two" which I'm assuming is League 1 for this league. Really would love to play this.

Also, any chance of an update for Nashville's team? It is no longer the Metros. Instead, it is Nashville FC and has a pretty sweet logo.

http://www.nashvillefc.net

Thanks in advance!

• 4 months later...

Wow! I just read through this and this might be the #1 thread of all time. Also I know I am a few months late but I have some suggestions of some cities to continue the series Anchorage AK, Honoulu HI, Boise ID, Sioux Falls (or Rapid City) SD, Fargo ND, Billings MT, Reno NV, Witchita KS, (and this is crazy but it's just 'cause I'm from the state) Pendleton OR, Medford OR, Tacoma WA, Spokane WA, Burlington VT, Manchester NH, Erie PA, Des Moines IA, Cheyenne WY, Little Rock AR, Atlantic City NJ, Tulsa OK, Jackson MS, Mobile AL, Pensacola FL, Portland ME and Oakland CA. Two things 1. You do not have to continue this series if you don't want (in fact after reading such a legendary thread I almost don't feel worthy to post on it :notworthy: ) but I am sure that some people (like me) would give an arm and a leg to see more concepts in this thread ;) and 2. You do not have to (if you continue the thread) do all of the cities that I have suggested some of them, I admit some of them were out there, but take your time and ponder on continuing the series, from a devoted humbled follower Beluga4 :/

npo_logo.png

Harrisburg City

The Islanders were one of the USL teams in the ruins of the league after many teams moved up to the MLS and NASL. This may have been a good thing for the Islanders. Less competition and watered down talent helped the Islanders in the late teens. A new manager came in for the 2015 season, from Scranton, he wanted to help out a close team. They picked up two midfielders from the NASL looking to play in 2015, and a player from Liberia to put in back. He also started building up an academy system, purchasing the local Harrisburg youth club and rebranding it to match the pro team. They improved immensely, finishing 6 games above .500. They thought they could be better. At open tryouts, a graduate from Penn State came out and turned heads in defense. They signed him to a good contract. They worked out a deal for a striker from Sporting to play on loan there. The team was built up and would win the championship in 2016. Their coach and two defenders made the move to Union. Their assistant coach went in and picked up where the team left off running the same offense as the previous coach. Their academy attracted players from all over the area looking for a break into pro soccer. With a strong class of guys from the youth system, and the new deal with the Union to give youth players first team time, the Islanders won a second title in 3 years in 2018. That year, they signed a deal for a new 8,000 seat stadium not on City Island, and now downtown. The team rebranded to just Harrisburg City for this occasion. They haven’t had much success since then, due to the players moving through the system then jumping to better teams. The expansion of the USL and more teams with money to spend made the league much harder to play in. They probably are in League Two for the near future, but anything is possible. I didn’t want to keep them the Islanders because of Puerto Rico, and I thought the name could work. The kits are pretty basic, with horizontal striping. The logo is a stylized keystone, with two stars for the championships, and Pennsylvania being the 2nd state. I wanted something that could last.

Harrisburg_zps5a8d74f2.png

I get the backstory, but i don't think the team should be "Harrisburg City."The team plays in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania, and the team name is the "City Islanders," because they play on an island called "City Island" in the middle of the Susquehanna River adjacent to the city of Harrisburg, and City Island is sacred to Harrisburg sports. Also, Hershey's is a local business but the City Islanders' main sponsor is Capital Blue Cross.

I absolutely love the concept though. Great colors, and that Pennsylvania keystone is epic, especially when used for a sports team in the capital city. Nice work.

• 1 month later...

Hey guess what everyone! I'm done!

tumblr_n0n15bAvga1qe2dhgo2_1280.png

tumblr_n0n15bAvga1qe2dhgo3_1280.png

tumblr_n0n15bAvga1qe2dhgo4_1280.png

And here is a map of everything

tumblr_n0n15bAvga1qe2dhgo5_1280.png

So I still gotta write up everything. So here is the order they will go in

Tonight- Memphis & Nashville

Tomorrow- Wilmington & Norfolk

Sunday- DC United & Northern Virginia

Monday- Halifax & Ottawa

Tuesday- Winnipeg & Calgary

Wednesday- Kitsap

Thursday- Anahiem & San Jose

Friday- Phoenix & RSL

And after that I have a few more presents for everyone!

Soooo many teams in the Northeast and NOT 1 TEAM in the Dakotas. Neither in Wyoming, Montana, Saskatchewan, Alaska, Hawaii or Guam. I am disappoint.

Good job on design and concept though.

NYCdog.png

• 1 month later...

Here is the Football manager 2014 mod! Let me know how it runs. Google how to get it in the game.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/0747n44u95n5i9y/FM2030.zip

First off let me just say that this whole thread was simply amazing! A little late to the party I am but still awesome nonetheless. I downloaded the file but I can't seem to install it into the game. I've tried looking up how to install it but I still haven't found out how. I don't suppose you know how to install it?

Archived