Raysox's US Soccer 2030- Football Manager Mod

raysox

Harrisburg's nice, but it's a shame you've gone pretty generic with that. While I know you want to eliminate there being two "Islanders" teams, a nod to their current identity (outside of the colors) would be nice to set them apart a bit.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ BrandedBehance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply

yaaay the cool Islanders are here!!! Too bad they lost their name and the stadium on the Island, but business is business! I love that its shaped like a keystone and it even has one in the soccer ball.

I was nervous for Indy, I've seen a lot of concepts but yours are probably the cleanest. A bit surprised by the sponsor - I know its the real one, but most picked Lilly - but I'm glad you left the logo intact. Would having the Home kit fully checkered be too much? And I'm almost positive they will eventually have a Green and Black Third jersey as that too was a popular concept. Also, I love that the stadium is in the East part of Indy which means it must be close to Greenfield, IN which for some strange reason is my favorite place in the US.

Loving the Indy Eleven. I live in southeast Indiana where travel soccer is sort of a big deal in this area. Everyone in the state is excited for the Eleven if the NASL would make it known a little more.

Also, I agree about Greenfield. I go up to Fort Wayne for college and I make it a priority to drive through the east side of Indianapolis. Aka Greenfield & Pendleton

I mean I wanted to keep Harrisburg but their logo and jersey is super weak. But there's not many symbols I could use for the team so I just kinda went generic to stay safe.

Also as an update, I have 5 concepts left to make! And I know the basic order of teams I'm gonna be releasing if I get the concepts done on time.

Ohio teams are tomorrow.

Fantastic work all around, lot's of class here. I've been following this project the whole time and love what your doing with every team.

I think Harrisburg looks good and classic, but I do fell as well that it's a bit plain and safe, like you wanted it to be, but I feel that some detailing or extra depth in that logo could go a long way in making it look more like an actual professional team's logo. But the kits themselves are pretty sweet.

Also, would you be opposed in someone (well, me) using that template that you created, or would you rather keep it for yourself?

Seeing all the Harrisburg related comments, I was thinking throwing the palm tree in their just for a laugh and a nod to the history. Sure it makes no sense, but there are a lot of teams out there with unfitting nicknames and such. That's about all I can think of to make it less generic. I thought the Keystone idea was unique enough, or maybe no one noticed it.

Columbus Crew
The Crew are one of the most storied franchises in the MLS. The team was sold to a new owner in 2013, with the vision of making Columbus the Green bay Packers of soccer. So after the 2014 season, the Crew rebranded for a simpler design. The logo featured a bright shade of yellow to stand out, with a gear making a C as the center point. But all new uniforms wouldn’t help the play on the field. The team struggled due to big market teams taking all of the free agents. What they needed to do was set up a strong academy system fast. So in 2017, a new facility was built for the senior and junior players outside of town. The best they could do was build through the draft, the last few years the team hadn’t been drafting that well. They signed a new scout and head of youth development to help with the future of the team. The team had another losing season in the MLS, so the head coach was axed. They signed a coach from the USL to come in and turn things around. He had a 5-2-1-2 formation with the idea to bring in players that could help in the front. He signed an rom the Japanese National team, and paired him with the 4th overall pick in the draft. To bolster the back line, an Australian right back that was unsigned by Houston came in and got a starting position. The team showed signs of life, finishing above .500 for the first time in several years. The academy was showing progress of development when a core of 4 players from a state champion high school team joined the academy and turned heads. The spending spree wasn’t done, a midfielder that impressed in Charlotte was signed to help out, but the biggest acquisition in the off season was a goalkeeper from Akron taken 5th overall in the draft. The team had another solid season and went into 2020 as one of the teams to watch in the MLS. They were building an all around team. Going into that 2020 season, they picked up a 23 year old midfielder from Atlanta who was born in Mississippi. They never really had a strong leader, just a bunch of role guys, but after half a season it was apparent that he was a guy to watch. He led Columbus to their first playoff bid in a long time. This galvanized Columbus. The Crew and Blue Jackets were now potential championship contenders, and with their seasons hardly overlapping, the fans didn’t have to choose who to root for. The player began playing some games for the US National Team as the Crew improved. Ultimately, he made the World Cup roster. With the time for the academy to grow, and the increased support, Columbus became self sufficient in players. They eventually sold their free agents, only to replace them by draft picks and great youth players. The system was to bring them in as a reserve for one year, then would be a starter the next. They made a run to the semi finals before losing on a late goal to be denied the MLS cup. After the 2022 season, the Crew sold their big player to Schalke, and used the money to improve facilities at Crew Stadium. They also made a deal with the new Queen City SC out of Cincinnati. The team now added a step to the process, a year in Cincinnati then to the reserves as a way to get experience. The Crew were very talented and deep, but no one took control and that was the big reason they haven’t won a cup. Their players did win a USL title with Queen City, but the team couldn’t sign everyone, and many of that roster was dispersed among US Soccer. I wanted a new crest, but I felt like the 3 burly guy look wasn’t strong. I went with my simple gear logo. The crest is very rigid, and I thought that was better than any curves for a team like this. The kits have darker yellow lines like the crest. Nothing else is really that crazy!

Columbus_zps7d8e400f.png

Queen City SC
A team with a short history, but still have accomplished a lot. The AO group in Cincinnati got together to build the foundation of a USL side. They had very little fan support initially, but made the smart deal to harbor Columbus Crew players, seasoning them until they were ready for MLS. The team played their first season on the campus of Cincinnati at the Ben and Dee Gettler Stadium soccer field. After year one, they knew that this wasn’t going to work for the future. It was just too small, and kinda hard to get to. They couldn’t play in the Bengals stadium because it was too big. They began talking to city council about a small soccer specific stadium. After they initially were turned down, they got backing from local companies, and wanted to pay for it privately. They found a spot along the Ohio River near the rest of the pro stadiums in the city and began building. On the field, the team was about half Crew players, and half young players picked up from college teams. QCSC worked out a deal with local soccer clubs to breed talent for the future. They went out and signed a player from Edmonton who had been cut by the Drillers to put in attack. They also signed a player from El Salvador who was a free agent for their defense. They were showing signs of life, and the influx of talent from Columbus helped out. Their first over .500 season was in 2024, which could be built upon. For the new stadium opening in 2025, the team went out and signed some players. A goalkeeper from Uruguay, a Canadian midfielder, and a player bought from Nashville helped the team out in depth. The players from Columbus they were getting were better and better. Matched with the new support at the new 13,000 seat stadium, the team went on an unbelievable run. They went 14 games without a loss. Eventually, Connecticut cut them down on the road, but the team captivated the city and drew well against the Reds. The team went into the playoffs 2nd, but would host the championship and win for their first trophy in team history. The team has been dismantled by higher up clubs, but the deal with Columbus should help them out and possibly promoted so more talent can come to Cincinnati. The shape and color was something I had in mind from the beginning. The waves and leaf crown are from the city flag. It’s pretty basic, but I felt like it was strong enough the way I had it. The jerseys are pretty simple too.
Cincinnati_zps8a70189d.png

Alright, I think Columbus may be my favorite yet. The crest update is such an upgrade, from the old one with a bunch of guys there, the C over the Ohio silhouette is just genius man.

And the kits just speak for themselves. Top, top stuff.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

Hey guess what everyone! I'm done!

tumblr_n0n15bAvga1qe2dhgo2_1280.png

tumblr_n0n15bAvga1qe2dhgo3_1280.png

tumblr_n0n15bAvga1qe2dhgo4_1280.png

And here is a map of everything

tumblr_n0n15bAvga1qe2dhgo5_1280.png

So I still gotta write up everything. So here is the order they will go in

Tonight- Memphis & Nashville
Tomorrow- Wilmington & Norfolk
Sunday- DC United & Northern Virginia

Monday- Halifax & Ottawa
Tuesday- Winnipeg & Calgary
Wednesday- Kitsap
Thursday- Anahiem & San Jose
Friday- Phoenix & RSL

And after that I have a few more presents for everyone!

I'd really like to believe that the "And here is a map of everything" is in some way a reference to "Dress to Kill."

But, yeah, great work on all of this. Can't wait for the final few.

Some of my favorites so far:

Indy

Harrisburg
Puerto Rico
Minnesota
San Francisco
Milwaukee - may be my overall favorite
Connecticut
Birmingham - very close second

"Type something, will ya? We're paying for this stuff." - Peter Venkman
Complete: Stateside Soccer Federation | Complete: World Football Club Alliance | Stalled: Roller Hockey International Redux | Stalled: MLB & Soccer Crossover

Archived