Raysox's US Soccer 2030- Football Manager Mod

raysox

Nashville Metros

The new Metros started up kind of abruptly. A businessman who graduated from Vanderbilt was captivated by the 2018 US World Cup team thought he could bring a team to the city. Doing some research, he found out about the Nashville Metros. The team started play in 1989, but folded in 2012. Nashville has hosted US games, so there is a soccer culture. But they haven’t had anyone to run them like a franchise. He contacted the AO club in the city, and selected members to help him out. The team landed a USL team to start play in 2020. With the AAA baseball team Nashville Sounds moving to a new downtown stadium in 2015, the owner looked into the status of Greer Stadium. The old stadium was only holding high school baseball games very rarely. He talked to the owners and got the OK to play the Metros home games there. They got the rights to the Metros name, but would use black and gold as the colors as an ode to his alma mater.

The inaugural team was made up of USL free agents, and college players from around the state. Obviously, they didn’t do too well on the field. But the team was showing more support than the team had ever gotten pre-folding. They averaged 6,000 fans a game their first year, which was something to improve upon. In the off season, they did some minor renovations to the stadium, and famous guitar-shaped scoreboard. The team went out and picked up an aging MLS veteran from the city to help out at midfield. As an attempt to score more goals, they picked up a player from Iceland that had played one year in the NASL before getting cut. The Metros showed more life on the field and finished a few games under .500. They fired their manager, and picked up a coach from the NPSL as a way to bring the team together. An intense rivalry was formed with Chattanooga. The Metros fans showed up big and loud to Chattanooga and helped the Metros steal some wins. In 2024, the Memphis Rogues began playing. The three teams started to play for the Volunteer State Cup. All playing in the USL, the Metros were win the first trophy. They never were that great in league play. The team hasn’t had a true soccer professional in the front office, just a rich owner listening to fans. Only recently they started constructing a youth facility for the future of the Metros, but Nashville has a lot of soccer talent, so they have had some players get into the system, and make the front office optimistic. They go into 2030 with some new toys. They picked up a player from Uganda to put in at Defense, then they added a former MLS all-star at attack. They are predicted to finish around mid-table in 2030, but anything is possible.

The crest shape is taken from Stoke. I wanted something very basic. Just gold and black with a star. I thought music themed had already been done by teams in the city, so this is just a conservative concept. I thought white/gold/white was a pretty good home look. I thought about doing yellow and navy, but then all the teams in Tennessee would have some sort of blue, so I decided against it.

Nashville.png

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Memphis Rouges

The team was formed after the announcement of the 3 tier system. The team was rushed into formation, just to make sure they had a team in the city. The name was taken from the NASL club that was there in the late 70s. The owners wanted to act as if the team was still living today. They inked a deal with warrior, and let them go nuts, as long as the home remained head to toe red. The crest featured an elephant, which was featured on the original crest.

They would begin the 2024 season playing in the same place the old team played, the Liberty Bowl. This was way too big for the small time team. The initial support was due to the rivalries with the Metros and Chattanooga. The fans called for a team that would beat those teams every time they would play. The owners went out and picked up a French player that had bounced around the US leagues. He found a home at midfield, and became a fan favorite. They scouted the Gold Cup, and brought in two player from Belize, and one from Martinique. The team wanted a quick start and they got it, their second year they finished over .500. The team surprised everyone, and turned some heads when they stole a player from Orlando City who wasn’t getting any playing time. They signed a deal with the city to build a small 10,000 seat stadium right next to the Liberty Bowl. The Rogues might be the best team in Tennessee. Their academy is very basic, so they’re going to have to rely on free agency for a few years. The support is there, and they can almost sell out their stadium. But it’s a few years off from the Rogues being back in the big time.

The logo was kicking my ass. I was talking to a good friend from Memphis, and he was vouching for dual blues because every team in Memphis is that color scheme. The logo was the same, but I replaced the light blue with white because it just wasn’t working for me. I thought that the colors matched the flag, so it would work. The home kit needed to be all red because of the old look. As far as design, I just went nuts with it because it was Warrior.Memphis.png

Damn a Warrior kit, I think that's new stuff from you! Both look clean as always, I hate having to click the image to make them larger. Having to click my mouse 1 extra time? Oh the humanity!!

As for the map and the complete list of teams, I'm getting sad. :( this series has been great, I don't want it to end!

Those seem waaaaay too conservative for Warrior kits. :P

Great stuff overall. I love the colors you used for Nashville.

Mighty Ducks of Anaheim (CHL - 2018 Orr Cup Champions) Chicago Rivermen (UBA/WBL - 2014, 2015, 2017 Intercontinental Cup Champions)

King's Own Hexham FC (BIP - 2022 Saint's Cup Champions) Portland Explorers (EFL - Elite Bowl XIX Champions) Real San Diego (UPL) Red Bull Seattle (ULL - 2018, 2019, 2020 Gait Cup Champions) Vancouver Huskies (CL)

And here is a map of everything

tumblr_n0n15bAvga1qe2dhgo5_1280.png

Mike. I think you've got Dayton's crest over Youngstown on your map.

Well, Ohio was getting pretty sparse, it's not like he can perfectly place Dayton where they should be when there's 3 other teams in the state, not too mention teams in the surrounding ones too. And it's just a map it doesn't have to be perfect.

Raysox, if you really want to strive for perfection on this then I'd suggest you flip Dayton and Columbus, and the Cavalry could probably stand to be a little more east, but then again, it's very crowded in the VA for a change. Nice work on the last couple too.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

Wow for some reason I thought Dayton was near Cleveland. But that's Akron I was thinking of. but yeah it got kinda jumbled up on some places like Ohio and Virginia. Sorry about that!

Wilmington Hammerheads

The Hammerheads were one of the teams that survived the period in the USL that almost caused the league to fold. They were battling fierce rivals like Charleston and Harrisburg for the championship in the transitional period of the league. With the number of teams low, the talent was shifted to the remaining teams.
One of the older teams in US soccer weren’t able to capitalize on the time before the USL got its footing back in larger markets. By the time the league expanded back, the time had passed for Wilmington. The Hammers couldn’t attract free agents to the North Carolina city to play in the 6,000 seat Legion field with teams like Baltimore and San Francisco starting to appear. What they decided to do is create a very strong academy program. Taking East Carolina as their region, the Hammerheads were able to groom some talent. A keeper from Wilmington came into the league and won second team all USL in his rookie year. Up front, they added an academy player. He scored 2/3rd of every goal the Hammerheads scored that year. Going into year two, he was sold for a big contract to Charlotte FC. They flipped the money and went out and picked up two NASL players looking for jobs. They became cornerstones of the team, helping out in defense. The Hammerheads then sold their goalkeeper to Atlanta to be a backup. They took that money and helped out their offense through free agents. The Hammerheads became the favorite trading spot for clubs to pick up talent. The system has worked for them, each player they sell, they pick up two players that will help them before a new crop of talent comes in and replaces them, only to be sold away. This is how the Hammerheads have done it. The have shown improvement, but need a manager who can harness the talent and get the players to perform in the USL. They’re geared for a mid-table finish, but they have some talent coming up in a few years that might help the Hammerheads earn promotion into League One.
The Hammerheads got a new logo for this season, and it’s pretty bad. I played around with a shape and put a modified shark logo that I had from a different project as the icon in this (modified to the right kind of fish). The sky and white stripes are the main focus for the team, because it’s something that is unique enough that they can hold as their own. The clash is obviously taken from the Dutch World Cup kit.
Wilmington.png

FC Norfolk

The Destroyers were one of the team that rushed into being a team thanks to the announcement of the new system in 2024. The team made waves before the first season started in 2025. They picked up a 35 year old MLS player to help the inaugural team in the attack position. They signed a deal to play at Norfolk State’s football stadium for the first half of the season then come football season, play the remaining home games at the Virginia Beach Sportsplex. They brought in all sorts of talent from the Norfolk Region, mostly former college players. They had a decent year, but fans were angered by miscommunication about a home game against Connecticut, where the team changed to the VBS at the last minute.

Season two was a lot better front office wise. They picked up some USL players in the free agent market, and got a good player from SC to groom at mid. Norfolk State wasn’t happy about the field condition, ending the contract to play there. The 27,000 seat stadium was too big for the team anyway, FC Norfolk began playing at the 11,000 seat Virginia Beach Sportsplex, but it was out of the way from a lot of the fans. They saw the attendance drop to 5,000 fans a game. The team almost closed up shop before the 2027 season, but they signed a deal for a soccer specific stadium to be built down town near the Norfolk Scope. This excited fans, leading to an increased attendance at the Sportsplex. With the many fields all around the stadium, they started a youth club for their academy. They attracted the best players all around with the reachable goal of professional soccer. The team started playing for a rivalry trophy with the Kickers and Cavalry known as the Commonwealth Cup. The team moved into the new stadium for 2029, which was a great way to grow the team. Located in the center of the market, the Chesapeake Bay Stadium would lead to an average of 9,000 fans every game. They also built a front office building at the Virginia Beach Sportsplex to run their team from. The practice fields, and academy would continue to play there going into the 2030 season. They aren’t expected to be promotion worthy just yet, but the fan base is being built.

This was the last team I did! I wanted a navy theme. The crest shape represents the hull of a destroyer. I made the crest two tone like the shading of a battle ship. The stripes represent the naval stripes of a commander. The kits are pretty bold. Giant chevrons matching the crest. I moved the sponsor down just so you could easily read it. The kit is also split down the middle like the crest. Nothing too crazy, I think it was a mix of things I thought looked good and eagerness to say I’m done.

Norfolk.png

FC Norfolk
The Destroyers were one of the team that rushed into being a team thanks to the announcement of the new system in 2024. The team made waves before the first season started in 2025. They picked up a 35 year old MLS player to help the inaugural team in the attack position. They signed a deal to play at Norfolk State’s football stadium for the first half of the season then come football season, play the remaining home games at the Virginia Beach Sportsplex. They brought in all sorts of talent from the Norfolk Region, mostly former college players. They had a decent year, but fans were angered by miscommunication about a home game against Connecticut, where the team changed to the VBS at the last minute.
Season two was a lot better front office wise. They picked up some USL players in the free agent market, and got a good player from SC to groom at mid. Norfolk State wasn’t happy about the field condition, ending the contract to play there. The 27,000 seat stadium was too big for the team anyway, FC Norfolk began playing at the 11,000 seat Virginia Beach Sportsplex, but it was out of the way from a lot of the fans. They saw the attendance drop to 5,000 fans a game. The team almost closed up shop before the 2027 season, but they signed a deal for a soccer specific stadium to be built down town near the Norfolk Scope. This excited fans, leading to an increased attendance at the Sportsplex. With the many fields all around the stadium, they started a youth club for their academy. They attracted the best players all around with the reachable goal of professional soccer. The team started playing for a rivalry trophy with the Kickers and Cavalry known as the Commonwealth Cup. The team moved into the new stadium for 2029, which was a great way to grow the team. Located in the center of the market, the Chesapeake Bay Stadium would lead to an average of 9,000 fans every game. They also built a front office building at the Virginia Beach Sportsplex to run their team from. The practice fields, and academy would continue to play there going into the 2030 season. They aren’t expected to be promotion worthy just yet, but the fan base is being built.
This was the last team I did! I wanted a navy theme. The crest shape represents the hull of a destroyer. I made the crest two tone like the shading of a battle ship. The stripes represent the naval stripes of a commander. The kits are pretty bold. Giant chevrons matching the crest. I moved the sponsor down just so you could easily read it. The kit is also split down the middle like the crest. Nothing too crazy, I think it was a mix of things I thought looked good and eagerness to say I’m done.
Norfolk.png

Wow. I need that navy kit in my life.

Like, right now.

Excellent work.

I would switch the Norfolk shorts. Grey on Home, Navy on Clash but I think that would throw off what you were trying to do making it look like navy inspired. I just don't like grey, something about it, I just don't like grey stuff lol, looks dirty.

As for Wilmington, I like it. Simple and works for the type of team it is.

The sadness of this series coming to an end worsens :(

DC United

DC United might be the most storied franchise in the MLS, but they haven’t won any trophies since the 2013 US Open Cup. United was still playing at RFK Stadium in 2014, when they made the announcement that they would begin construction on a stadium at Buzzard Point, near Nationals Stadium. They had an awful season in 2013, holding the record for the least wins in a MLS season. DCU rebounded in 2014 after signing a few players like Eddie Johnson, Fabian Espindola, and their draft picks. But the team was still far off from a playoff spot.

After almost losing crowd favorites Kyle Porter and Chris Pontius, they fired their coach and hired a manager that had been fired 6 games into the La Liga season. The fiery Spanish manager wasn’t messing around, and tried to change the team’s style. He brought in one of his favorite midfielders from his Spanish club as a designated player. He then attempted to make the team play a tiki taka style of offense. Teamed with the arsenal of high draft picks DC gathered over the years, and a few more MLS players added through free agency, the new style of play shocked the MLS. No team had seen anything like it. In their last season at RFK, they won 10 of their first 15, and shot out to first in the east. As the season went on, they were figured out and weren’t as hot as they had been. With such a good start, they earned the 3rd seed in the playoffs. They were ousted in the first round. That next year, they moved into Buzzard Point, rebranded their logos, and continued to try and build upon what they had the previous season. The tiki taka strategy wasn’t as effective, and the team had a slow start. They picked up a player from Spain on loan for the off season trying to get more playing time to get a World Cup bid. With him at attack opened up the offense and DC United was firing on all cylinders again. But he bolted back to Spain at the start of the season, leaving DC United out to dry, and unable to advance upon their 2nd seed in the east. The youth team started to provide players for the senior club, which helped them out on both offense and defense, two places they lacked top talent in. They signed a deal to send their young players to play for the Northern Virginia Cavalry as a feeder team when they finally started playing. The Spanish manager left DC United when given an offer by a Spanish team in the relegation zone in an attempt to keep them up in the top flight. DC United had success with a European coach, so they picked up a coach from Serie A that had been fired around Christmas. But his style was typical Italian, very strong defense play, and very little offensive imagination. He completely dismantled the team that the previous manager had built, and went for a defensive style. This angered the players who thought they had something going for them. The defensive focus helped out in back, but not up front, and DCU scored the 3rd least goals in MLS in 2018. DC United missed the playoffs for 3 more seasons before firing that manager. They brought in a coach from the NASL to help out. He became the face of a franchise for not taking any crap from other teams. The players respect him, and play started to get better, and with the young talent he gave opportunities to, DC United made their first playoff in a long time in 2024. The manager is still there, but DC United is on a downswing talent wise. But their owners are ready to spend some cash to keep them in the top flight. A mid table finish is likely, with the goal being a playoff spot.

I was gonna rebrand this team from day 1. But the first couple of drafts weren’t that good. I was using the current logo too much as a crutch. Then I decided to just go all out. I love the DC flag, so that was the base of the white and red swap on the crest. Then I put the eagle from the current logo in it, with no poorly drawn details from the current. The kits have stripes and stars like the flag, and the rest is pretty similar to their current look.

DC.png

Archived