Raysox's US Soccer 2030- Football Manager Mod

raysox

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I like the simplicity of the Richmond kits. Although, I have never seen the chevron on an Adidas kit, I thought it was strictly Nike.

The Rhino's logo is great, you managed to take a childish team name with a very small amount of logo possibilities, but you made it look fun and professional. Great job and the kits are spot on.

I'm gonna post 4 straight Texas teams starting with the

San Antonio Scorpions

The Scorpions started playing in the NASL in 2010. Since then, the team has made strides trying to set themselves up for MLS. They made the jump to the big leagues with the Silverbacks. Toyota Field was expanded to 18,000, then the naming rights were bought by Valero. A huge sponsorship deal was made for the oil company, trying to compete with the other giants of Texas soccer. They were fighting for the state of Texas now with Dallas and Houston, both in the Western Conference. The 3 teams established the Lone Star Cup, trying to get the media attention the Cascadia Cup has. The original team was carried over from the NASL side, and they couldn't really cut it consistently with the rest of the league. That off season, the he team also filled holes in an entirely new back line, and signed Georgios Samaras after losing his starting spot at Celtic. The first Designated Player in team history would not disappoint. With World Cup experience, Samaras would lead the Scorpions to the first Lone Star Cup in team history, but would miss the playoffs. The "small" market of San Antonio took to the club, thanks to no competition during the summer. The academy brought up a young keeper, who was born in Mexico. This sat well with the Latino fans who were looking for a player to attach to. The 2018 season would be the best yet. Samaras scored 20 goals and led the team to the Wild Card round of the playoffs. After the 2020 season, Samaras retired. To replace him, the Scorpions signed a top Greek striker, disgruntled by his Greek side not fulfilling his roster. Samaras was the man behind the deal, who helped his international teammate pick a side. In the last decade, the Scorpions have no domestic trophies. Their Greek player earned an MLS top XI and jumped to Spain. Still, their academy goalie has remained consistent going into his 12th year with the team, earning the respect Tim Duncan had during his career. I cleaned up the logo by making it simpler. I think it had potential, but needed some tweaks. They haven't had any actual good jerseys to go off of, but I did like a hooped black kit and based the homes off of that. The clash gave me trouble and I settled on mostly white with red accents.

SanAntonio_zps4bfe875a.png

Ray sox! C'mon. I know for a fact you can morph their current official logo to something much better. Sox Sox Sox!

Hey, i like that logo!

Chicago Fire
With the MLS growing rapidly, one of the oldest franchises was looking to stay relevant in the eyes of the fans. The team’s only championship was in 1998, after contending for the playoffs from 2013-2016, they realized that teams like Seattle and Portland were pulling away as more relevant clubs. The New York teams, and the Galaxy were also shining bright in the big cities. Chicago needed to make something happen for the 2017, with 24 teams competing for the MLS title. They went out and signed a 32 year old Fernando Torres to compliment Mike Magee at the top. This was a short term solution, considering their age. They felt like if they had a rotation of young players still needing some seasoning. They added a Colombian national team defender to help in back. The team had a much better starting line up, with players that weren’t super ready in reserve. The team started 6-2-6, which wasn’t good enough. They signed a midfielder from Columbus who was cut mid season to help their biggest hole. The experience helped out the Fire from there on. The team thrashed through the East, and ended up losing to Portland in the MLS cup. Magee and Torres eventually retired, and the Fire were putting their trust into their academy to carry them. With the many young players coming up at once, it was hard to get everyone playing time. They had to sell a few around the league to hold them over. They had 3 straight seasons around .500. That is when a midfielder came up through the system. He grew up in Illinois, and played for his home club. He won the Rookie of the Year in 2023, and became captain of the US U-20 side. He became a field general, controlling the entire team A new manager for the Fire built the team from the middle out. Another US U-20 striker began playing in 2024. The duo contributed to most of the offense for the team and helped Chicago make the playoffs for the first time in 5 seasons. Going into 2016, their young midfielder was named captain, and the money from the players sold to other MLS clubs helped Chicago sign a Polish keeper from a Bundesliga team. The team went out and put another talented striker(this time from Bermuda) at the top. A 6’4” defender was drafted 3rd overall by the Fire, after trading up for the pick. Chicago filled their arsenal, and assaulted the MLS. The team jumped to first place and battled Boston the entire season for supremacy in the league. They won the supporters shield, and their captain won a MVP. A strong attack led the Fire to the MLS, where they beat the Galaxy. Their captain signed a 5 year contract to stay with the team and grow with the league. In 2028, they made the MLS Cup again, losing to bitter foe Boston. A few players were sold off since then, shuffling the Fire back in the standings, but with a strong academy, they’ll be just fine. The homes are pretty close to the current red set. It’s a great look. The road is heavy on the navy, but with a stripe for Chicago’s flag. Nothing too wild.

Chicago_zpsce4e0e43.png
Also I updated Cleveland's logo.

Omaha ONE FC

The One has a unique history. Using a Bundesliga mentality, a group of fans got together and started up an USL team. They went for the name ONE because of Omaha, NEbraska. The fans were going to be involved heavily in the business. They had 3 owners with 49% of the team, then the fans would own the other 51%. They began play at TD Ameritrade Park, which was only used for 2 weeks every summer. The baseball stadium didn’t provide for the most intimate atmosphere for the team, but the fans were loud. The Prairie Firm showed up with 2,000 fans the first game, a 3-0 win over Charleston. The team grew from there. The team averaged just under 10,000 fans a game their first season. In that offseason, they signed a deal with the Chicago Fire to build up their youth players. In addition to their inaugural roster, they signed a free agent striker from Tampa and a Midfielder from Plymouth Argyle. They improved from the first season, growing the fanbase. Defense was their biggest problem. With no youth candidates to grow any time soon, they dipped into the free agent market. A defender trio from Trinidad, Paraguay, and Florida teamed up to have a very strong back end. Omaha ended up giving the least amount of goals in their 3rd season, and made the playoffs. A fierce rivalry was started with Austin in 2024 when ATX knocked out Omaha on the last day of the season. The rivalry is still very strong to this day. The biggest problem going into the next year was at attack, A potent attack was built with a young player on loan from Chicago, and a Canadian player Edmonton didn’t resign. Trying to get back into the big leagues, he scored 19, leading Omaha to the playoffs again. TD Ameritrade Park would hold 16k people a game, as the team’s following expanded. The more tickets helped the team build up their facilities, and pay for players. They went out and got a Scottish midfielder that would become a cornerstone for Omaha. In his first game, he completed 45/47 of passes, which led to the game winning goal. Their coach was hired by Real Salt Lake, and Omaha brought in an interim manager on short noticed, who was a high school soccer coach from the Prairie Firm. With the support of his fellow fans, he lead Omaha to a winning record. With one season under his belt, his team understood his style and fired on all cylinders. Their youth system was bringing in some pretty good players. To compliment their Scot, a player from Papillion, NE became a starter in his first year. Going into 2029, they had the highest attendance in the USL.5 of their starters were good rookie players. Complemented by international players, the team finished 3rd in the league. They were saved by a late goal, and eventually won in overtime in the semi finals. They ended up winning the championship infront of their home crowd. Omaha is a sexy pick for promotion in the first season of the new system. The name is completely mcrosby’s, who gave me the thumbs up for using it. The logo was a result of me liking AS Monaco’s kits, and I just tried to do some new things. The clash is based on a highlighter uniform that the former team in my home town used to rock.

Omaha_zpsc6d1143a.png

Nice, but I'd prefer a German-style name with a city/town with a lot more German heritage (i.e Milwaukee), Omaha may have some, and points here for combining the city & state's name to come up with that. The kits are solid to me, but the one thing I don't like about the crest is the striping on the inside circle next to the one. Overall solid work here though, even though I'm not the biggest fan of lime green.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

I love the Pittsburgh set. Unique and perfect for a soccer team here. Love the name (used it myself in FIFA). I like the checkers and blue on the road set which reflects the Riverhounds history and city crest. My only qualm is the blue pants and the use of "3" instead of "three"

oBIgzrL.png

I think Omaha was ONE of the cleverest ones you've made. I really like it and the mismatching kits are great too. Very fitting for a smaller market such as Omaha. Always nice to see Omaha get some love.

I was wondering if I'd missed the Fire in the first few pages but alas, I finally see and like what I'm looking at. It's too bad any Adidas concept incorporates their tedious 3 stripes on the shoulders but that's not your fault.

Just wanna make an important note: the Chicago flag stripes go white, blue, white, blue, white from top to bottom. To really get the flag in there you'd have to lower the chest stripe to allow for some white spacing up top.

Midway.png

Minnesota United

Minnesota United was one of the original NASL franchises that survived the rough period for the league. The Loons were trying to make the jump to the MLS before the league chose San Antonio, and the MLS stopped expansion at 24. The decisive factor was that Minnesota couldn’t get a deal done for a new stadium. They continued playing at the National Sports Center in Blaine, but continued their search in the Twin Cities. Their focus was building up the reserves in the meantime. The team hired a Dutch manager to put at the helm trying to end their 3 season playoff drought in 2016. He brought a former player striker from a 2nd division Dutch side to build around. Complemented by some MLS players, the team missed the playoffs by 2 points to the Tampa Bay Rowdies, the Soccer Bowl champs that year. Their first home grown player came the next season, a goalkeeper from St. Cloud that made an immediate difference. The team regressed in play, due to a flimsy defense. He threatened to leave the club if there wasn’t a focus on defense in the offseason. The club sniped a free agent center defender from Atlanta, with another youth LB coming up, the team improved slightly. Before the 2018 season, the team found a location in St. Paul for an 18,000 seat stadium, paid for by a large sponsorship deal with 3M, donations from the fans, and from the front office. The stadium was much bigger than the stadium in Blaine, so getting more fans was a priority. The team did more in the community, and ran shuttles to the National Sports Complex from the cities. This increased traffic to the site, and the club grew slightly. The stadium deal turned some heads and 10,000 people were showing up every game in Blaine. The first season was in 2020, and to celebrate, United went out and bought a few good players. A Spanish midfielder was brought in, and an attacking mid from the Charleston Battery was brought up. A few more youth products came in to help. They were selected as the favorite to win the cup. A few mediocre months led to the team sneaking into the playoffs, only to be defeated by Indy in the first round. The team was selling 12,000 tickets a game, which was due to going up against the Twins on a game by game basis. The manager was on a hot seat to produce results in 2021. After a scouting mission, a Ligue 2 midfielder from Cameroon was lured away and offered a starting spot in the Twin Cities. That was the missing piece in the puzzle. The team finished 15 games clear of .500, and coasted to the first seed in the NASL playoffs.The team went on to lift the Soccer Bowl trophy, facing little adversity. The home grown goalkeeper was the league MVP, shutting down almost everyone. He was bought by DC United, leaving a hole in the back. An USL player was brought in as relief. The Loons never experienced the same kind of season. Everything was perfect in 2021, but have fluctuated for the most part. The loyal fans of the Twin Cities have sold out 3M Park the last 5 seasons. The focus has been mostly on youth, to cut down salary, sell the state on pro soccer, and to use the great facility in Blaine to bring up players. An English striker was brought in for the 2030 season, hoping to be the stud in front for United. They are behind about 8 teams in the promotion predictions, but anything is possible. I wanted a plaid team in here somewhere. My idea was to have an all light blue look, but the plaid/no plaid looked weird. From there, I sort of based them off that other decent United club in the UK. The clash kit is pretty similar to the current duds.

Minnesota_zpscdb1be2b.png

I wanted a plaid team in here somewhere.

It's actually more of a gingham check, but I won't split hairs further :P

Awesome job on all the uniforms and identities so far. This whole series seems very true-to-life, and it's good to see that my hometown (Milwaukee) is a part of it. Is there any chance that the 56ers here in Madison make the jump?

QPR%20Sig.png

I think that plaid is a technique that can only work out if the colors are right, and it's not too small to make the whole jersey congested. For the 'clash' (I really dislike soccer/futbol jerseys in general, so I'm assuming that is the 'away' in a sense) I think it could really bring in everything and look really nice, if you thicken the blue stripes, and put a somewhat similar plaid design in them. Maybe not a full on plaid, because in that small space it would look congested like I said before. However, if you made the blocks the same height as the stripe and make it close to a checkerboard look, it could still have the same Idea brought to the set.

This is a question that has nothing to do with the concepts (I guess it sort of does) but why does the MLS use the same font for the name and number for every team? I know other leagues do this too, but why can't a team have an original font type to them? Regardless, it doesn't hurt but I'm just very curious.

The logo, while I normally dislike soccer crests is very sharp. The North Star I think could stand out more by making it the baby blue color, but I think this whole set is really nice together.

Hell maybe even in the logo where the blue is, have the 'checkerboard' style I was talking about for the clash.

Archived