Raysox's US Soccer 2030- Football Manager Mod

raysox

• Replies 620
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Connecticut Hearts
When the Revolution moved to Boston and rebranded, the rest of New England thought that this was an opportunity to have a team of their own. A Scot from Edinburgh living in Hartford had the vision to bring a team to his new home. Being a fan of Hearts of Midlothian, the team name he chose made sense. With momentum from hosting Gold Cups, a decent fan base would be built. The team would play it's home games in East Hartford at Rentschler Field, starting in the 2024 USL season. Connecticut was chosen as the team name to represent the whole state, hopefully being able to draw fans from new Haven and Bridgeport. The Hearts had an immediate rival in Providence City, who in the first game against each other, had 3 red cards and 6 more yellows. The team used outstanding seniors from local college soccer programs to build the team originally, they could only do so much. Hearts bought up local youth clubs to have an immediate impact with youth. The state champion U-18 team in the system would graduate from the system and almost the entire team made the jump to the USL. Having played together for years, the club made the playoffs in 2026, lost to Providence in the championship the next year, then would go on to beat New Orleans for a USL cup in 2028. The team definitely can compete in League Two, but will need some signings to move up any time soon. Crashcarson15 was the brainchild behind this name. He had a team by the same name in his thread, and it was good enough to recycle. I used claret and blue, because it's a classic color combo, and his team is Aston Villa, and it's my gift to him for the name. The uniforms are pretty simple, Adidas stripes and a collar on a simple design.
Connecticut_zps52b5a8b5.png

Wow the hearts is perfect. Those Kits are what Edinburgh should wear instead of those basic template ones with an awkward Wonga.com logo. I was going to make a Hearts related team for my MLS expansion series but looks like you beat me to it and perfected it! Great job!

<3 you, Mykl.

Everything you've churned out here is top-class most certainly but the Connecticut Hearts concept is great. One of the things that allows your soccer work to be arguably the best on the board is your use of non-traditional crest shapes—it's what can really set your concepts apart from the crowd and you've done it here again. The kits would look ace in real-life, especially for real-life Hearts. Good stuff as always.

6fQjS3M.png

Hey man, it's the least I could do! But the crest shape is actually just all circles thrown together.

Providence City

A team with a quick and productive history. Their story is similar to Connecticut, a whole untapped market opened up with the Revolution moving to Boston. City teamed up with the Rhode Island Rebellion, a pro rugby team, to build a multi-use 10,000 seat stadium near downtown. A German manager would take charge for their inaugural season, he had coached in the 2nd tier of Germany so the team had immediate success.The area lost the Revolution, with Foxborro being halfway between Boston and Providence, so the stands were filled to the brim really quick with fans having more convenient soccer. In their first year, they worked out a feeder deal with the Revs to give youth talent first team game time, like many Boston team's connection with Providence. Providence couldn't attract many free agents, but were the best scouting team in the USL. The fierce rivalry between City and Hearts is fueled by the Anchors stealing young talent from Eastern Connecticut. The team would go on to win a championship in 2027, with the cup being rubbed into the face of the Hearts fans. Providence is a sexy pick to move to League One going into 2030. The logo is a diamond, and has 3 distinct parts. An anchor, where the nickname comes from, stripes for the uniform, and the year they would be established. The uniforms are pretty tame, but I really liked how they turned out.

Providence_zps3b59fa30.png

Providence looks great in the Light Blue / White combo. Even though it would be nearly impossible to read on the field...erm.. pitch...

I believe pcgd did similar with his Providence Towne concept and I still love it. It would be a great identity with the city.

Unreal job on these last four concepts. NYCFC is solid. Boston's crest is great, and I love the sublimated cross on the home kits. Connecticut's crest is amazing, potentially the best in the series, and the color scheme is beautiful. Providence is also really good all around.

Let me know if you wanna use my 3 Rivers concept.

New Orleans United

This team has not lived up to expectations, unfortunately. The team was founded in 2019 by the American Outlaws branch in New Orleans, and owned by the fans of the team. The team has a very good supporters group for a team with rough play on the pitch. The team began play in Tulane's football stadium, that was built in 2014. The team played with the best players Louisiana had to offer in it's first season in the USL. The only bright spot on the season was a striker that lead the league in goals, who jumped up to the NASL to play for the Tampa Bay Rowdies. The Louisiana summer humidity deterred many players to sign there, so they could only grab the players cut from other teams. United did sign stand out players from Caribbean countries who were playing domestically, and got their first .500 season in 2024. The team still struggles without a manager that can guide th team to the playoffs. In 10 seasons, United has had 6 managers and no playoff appearances. But going into 2030, the defending champion Houston Dynamo signed a deal to send youth players to New Orleans United, and with the addition of a fired MLS cup winning manager, United might be a dark horse to contend for promotion. I really liked how this logo turned out. I didn't want to do a circle logo, but used it as a basis. The Fleur de Lis is there, surrounded by 18 dots representing Louisiana being the 18th state. Purple was an easy choice for them though. The kits are pretty modern looking, and I just designed based off what I thought looked good.NewOrleans_zps975731b5.png

I like it, and has a very interesting shape - as most of your logos do. Maybe there is too much Baltimore Ravens going on? Have you thrown in a touch of green or something to make it more "Mardi Gras"? It does look good, but I do see how it didnt live up to your expectations. It is still a solid design though! That clash kit would go great for any team in Maryland for sure.

Nice work on the last few, I've been out of town so I couldn't really give any specific C&C. Really liking this series so far, every concept seems like a late Christmas present.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

Have you thrown in a touch of green or something to make it more "Mardi Gras"?

I thought about this as well. I know that may people try to stay away from the Mardi Gras colors for a New Orleans team. But, having just purple and gold links them too closely with LSU. I think that if you're going to use P&G for a New Orleans team, then green needs to be in there somewhere as well.

gYH2mW9.png

hmm, I see what you mean though. Maybe flip the design on the Gold kit so the Popeyes logo isnt distracted? as for the Purple one, maybe some transparent sublimated voodoo-like designs on the gold stripe? The design is there, but if you want any more NO in it without being too distracting, that may be the way to go. Or something along those lines.

Archived