All Purpose Stadium Thread

kw11333

How many yards was that field?

The ball was automatically moved back to the 20-yard line every time one team crossed midfield.
Wait, how would this work?

Sounds pretty self explainatory.

You have to remember, they weren't chucking the ball down the field like today's game.
I think what he means is how can anyone score of every time the 50 yard line is crossed the ball is moved backwards

• Replies 710
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How many yards was that field?

The ball was automatically moved back to the 20-yard line every time one team crossed midfield.
Wait, how would this work?

Sounds pretty self explainatory.

You have to remember, they weren't chucking the ball down the field like today's game.
I think what he means is how can anyone score of every time the 50 yard line is crossed the ball is moved backwards

its probably just the first time it's crossed, to try to get the full 100 yards

FieldBanner-6.jpg

That is the generic field they have for most Dolphins/Hurricanes games. They switch the logos out at mid-field. It wasn't until the final two games of the Dolphins season that they did anything to beautify the field, which is the pic below. I don't see why they can't follow the lead of other dual team stadiums and do something a bit more interesting during the NCAA season.

1462859_656345391055070_1816739411_n.jpg

Packers at the Milwaukee Mile (then known as the Dairy Bowl for football games).

3087861162_a02ce2996b_o.jpg

There's not any decent pics of the entire field during a game, but there is an artist's rendering of what it looked like.

State+Fair+Park+1935-51.gif

Basketball setups in stadiums designed for football or baseball always intrigue me. They're horrible, but not in a Barclays Centre hockey configuration way. More in a "they did that? huh..." way.

Bankers Life Fieldhouse in Indianapolis has the same issues...which is one of the many reasons why Indy probably won't get an NHL team anytime soon (large pic):

GOPR2029.jpg

I don't have a picture, but Key Arena in Seattle also has the off-center hockey configuration. The only time it's recently been used (that I'm aware of) wasn't even for hockey, but for indoor lacrosse - in 2010, the then-Washington (now Vancouver) Stealth held one NLL playoff game there while their usual arena, up the road in Everett, was booked for a circus.

CCSLC signature.png

Basketball at the Astrodome:

2634634777_0136561077_o.jpeg

Basketball at the Silverdome:

hou07.jpg

The key on the right looks significantly shorter than the one on the left. Also looks like the setup is complete, leaving the keys uneven for the game. Weird.

Edit: on closer look, the picture appears to be cropped, cutting out a section of the right side. My bad

hou07.jpg

The key on the right looks significantly shorter than the one on the left. Also looks like the setup is complete, leaving the keys uneven for the game. Weird.

Edit: on closer look, the picture appears to be cropped, cutting out a section of the right side. My bad

its multiple pictures put together, you can see small lines where they meet, that is why it looks weird

The Insight Bowl actually set up pretty nice inside Chase Field (it was Bank One Ballpark at the time), it was fun to go to. I saw the 2004 game which featured Brady Quinn, Anthony Fasano, Derek Anderson, Mike Hass, and Yvenson Bernard. Pretty good game. Here's another pic of the setup:

128449669_c73255791a.jpg?v=0

One I absolutely hated: the Coyotes playing at America West Arena (now US Airways Center):

yotes.jpg

Seriously obstructed views, though (notice how you can't see the net thanks to the overhang in the far end in the pic above):

interior2.jpg

And for a random one, my alma mater plays both football and basketball in the Skydome, and it's just sad when there's basketball games:

nauvssamhouston_JenniSolberg_web_2.jpg

BONUS: a parking lot to ice rink conversion at Caesars Palace (opposite of what the Coyotes are working on):

QHIZ4zG.jpg

That Caesars Palace one has to be that Kings exhibition game from 1993, IIRC

hou07.jpg

Hoops at the Astrodome must have been brutal. Went to LSU/ Georgetown in Superdome back in the day, wasn't to great either.

I am sore,wounded, but not slain

I will lay down and bleed a while

And then rise up to fight again

Basketball setups in stadiums designed for football or baseball always intrigue me. They're horrible, but not in a Barclays Centre hockey configuration way. More in a "they did that? huh..." way.

Bankers Life Fieldhouse in Indianapolis has the same issues...which is one of the many reasons why Indy probably won't get an NHL team anytime soon (large pic):

GOPR2029.jpg

I don't have a picture, but Key Arena in Seattle also has the off-center hockey configuration. The only time it's recently been used (that I'm aware of) wasn't even for hockey, but for indoor lacrosse - in 2010, the then-Washington (now Vancouver) Stealth held one NLL playoff game there while their usual arena, up the road in Everett, was booked for a circus.

Key-Arena-Hockey.jpg

Key Arena hockey for you.

milehi01.jpg

Rockies at mile high stadium

Why does this highly remind me of the old Metropolitan Stadium in Minnesota?

mnhs_pf107711_overview.jpg

They were similar but I don't think the grandstand in left field moved at Metropolitan Stadium like it did at Mile High.

Archived