All Purpose Stadium Thread

kw11333

They arent rebuilding the mound, they are simply moving it, and it wont cause bad hops because the girt underneith the sod gets raked and watered and taken care of. These grounds crews are professionals and know what they are doing. It isn't their first rodeo

• Replies 710
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know the mound at Tropicana Field can be lowered so that a flat surface can be placed above it and keep the mound intact.

Maybe the Yanks will employ this type of option.

Tropicana Field has artificial turf so it's easy to rig up some mechanical thing because no one gives a damn if there are seams in the turf or whatever. Spankee Stadium is grass so the seams would be obvious and opposing teams would bleat and shriek and the 'baseball purists' would have a collective flouncing tantrum onto their fainting couches. They already bleat and shriek over the fact the football games are played there, which ignores the fact that the Giants played at Spankee Stadium for over 20 years and no one said dick, even though field care was no where near what it is now. Watch the 58 NFL Championship game sometime, the ENTIRE field is dirt, no grass whatsoever.

Yankee Stadium NYCFC Soccer Config:
As for the soccer config, I have to say, I'm not cool with this.
It looks like someone getting hurt because of the impact to the field. This is going to SUCK.
"The Yankees will employ a system that allows for the pitcher's mound to be removed and replaced in a day's time."
Yeah, that's a good idea. Pay Tanaka all that money just so he can get hurt using a sub-par mound cause it has to be rebuilt every week for a damn soccer game. This is insane. Don't even get me started on all the bad hops this is going to cause.....

Spazz out much?

I'm curious why you weren't bleating and shrieking and throwing a tempa tantum like a spoiled brat 8 year old when the Giants played their games at Sankee Stadium for over 20 years. Don't seem to recall an endless stream of injuries due to pitching off of a subpar mound for Whitey Ford, but that's because he was a REAL MAN and not some crybaby :censored: wuss like every major league pitcher has become. "Throw more than 90 pitches in a game or pitch more than 5 innings in a game??? O NOES!!!!!! I can't do that my pwecious dewicate ittle fwower of an arm might get an owey and then I'll go on the disabled list for a year and half and make $30,000,000 for sitting on my ass eating cheesburgers and getting my dong sucked by groupies instead of contributing anything to the team or earning my salary.

And for all of your collective spittle flying spazzing out you are utterly and completely wrong about the turnaround time. It will take 3 days to convert the field, not 1.

You're obviously one of those delusional mopes who actually thinks the players on sports teams give a sh*it about loyalty to a team or to the fans. It's quite fun to point and laugh at you mopes. (insert athletes name here) Twitter account that you follow? Newsflash, (insert athletes name here) has ZERO to do with it. All interaction and tweeting is done by (insert athlete's name here) publicist assistant/flunky. (Insert athlete's name here) has much more important and better ways to waste their time like having orgies and smoking dope while getting their dong sucked by groupies.

Spazz out much?

I'm curious why you weren't bleating and shrieking and throwing a tempa tantum like a spoiled brat 8 year old when the Giants played their games at Sankee Stadium for over 20 years. Don't seem to recall an endless stream of injuries due to pitching off of a subpar mound for Whitey Ford, but that's because he was a REAL MAN and not some crybaby :censored: wuss like every major league pitcher has become. "Throw more than 90 pitches in a game or pitch more than 5 innings in a game??? O NOES!!!!!! I can't do that my pwecious dewicate ittle fwower of an arm might get an owey and then I'll go on the disabled list for a year and half and make $30,000,000 for sitting on my ass eating cheesburgers and getting my dong sucked by groupies instead of contributing anything to the team or earning my salary.

And for all of your collective spittle flying spazzing out you are utterly and completely wrong about the turnaround time. It will take 3 days to convert the field, not 1.

You're obviously one of those delusional mopes who actually thinks the players on sports teams give a sh*it about loyalty to a team or to the fans. It's quite fun to point and laugh at you mopes. (insert athletes name here) Twitter account that you follow? Newsflash, (insert athletes name here) has ZERO to do with it. All interaction and tweeting is done by (insert athlete's name here) publicist assistant/flunky. (Insert athlete's name here) has much more important and better ways to waste their time like having orgies and smoking dope while getting their dong sucked by groupies.

gUp2AAv.gif

bSLCtu2.png

Yankee Stadium NYCFC Soccer Config:
As for the soccer config, I have to say, I'm not cool with this.
It looks like someone getting hurt because of the impact to the field. This is going to SUCK.
"The Yankees will employ a system that allows for the pitcher's mound to be removed and replaced in a day's time."
Yeah, that's a good idea. Pay Tanaka all that money just so he can get hurt using a sub-par mound cause it has to be rebuilt every week for a damn soccer game. This is insane. Don't even get me started on all the bad hops this is going to cause.....

Spazz out much?

So can you pitch for 5 innings and 90 pitches? Don't think so.

Seeing as though the MLS recently announced an expansion franchise that will play their games in the new Falcons Stadium, I guess it will be a future all purpose stadium.

design-concepts-102513-03.jpg

design-concepts-102513-08.jpg

And here is a basketball concept.

concept-092513-newatlstadium-13.jpg

So Indianapolis just needs Irsay out of rehab and some tarps and they can have MLS too!

Seeing as though the MLS recently announced an expansion franchise that will play their games in the new Falcons Stadium, I guess it will be a future all purpose stadium.

design-concepts-102513-03.jpg

So they're going to Vancouver Whitecaps the soccer layout. I guess stringing tarps to the ceiling and pretending like there aren't 25,000 empty seats behind them is the best way to do it if you must play in a cavernous football stadium, but I just assumed Atlanta was just going to build them a SSS because Atlanta loves building superfluous stadia.

Also, gongofdoom, shine on you crazy diamond.

PvO6ZWJ.png

Will Georgia State be moving to the new stadium as well? This seems like a good setup for their games

Will Georgia State be moving to the new stadium as well? This seems like a good setup for their games

It's possible, but I doubt it. There is speculation that after the Braves move out and Turner Field is torn down, that Georgia State will try to buy the land from the city of Atlanta and build a new football stadium there.

Some recent renderings of soccer at Louisville Slugger Field.

Louisville-Bats-Stadium_20x30_04112014-FLouisville-Bats-Stadium_20x30_04112014-F

sluggersoccer2.jpg

I was wondering about where did you get if from anyway? But seriously, this looks cool and being at Slugger Field during Bats games, the best sections are at right field.

Orlando%20Magic_zpsjn8kx3lf.png

I know the mound at Tropicana Field can be lowered so that a flat surface can be placed above it and keep the mound intact.

Tropicana Field has artificial turf so it's easy to rig up some mechanical thing because no one gives a damn if there are seams in the turf or whatever. Spankee Stadium is grass so the seams would be obvious and opposing teams would bleat and shriek and the 'baseball purists' would have a collective flouncing tantrum onto their fainting couches. They already bleat and shriek over the fact the football games are played there, which ignores the fact that the Giants played at Spankee Stadium for over 20 years and no one said dick, even though field care was no where near what it is now. Watch the 58 NFL Championship game sometime, the ENTIRE field is dirt, no grass whatsoever.

Spazz out much?

I... I... What? Ow. My head hurts.

Has... has anyone in the course of New York history ever complained about football being played at Yankee Stadium? Was not one of the major pushes of the birth of the new stadium the fact that Yankee Stadium could once more be the home to numerous different sporting events. Was not the Pinstripe Bowl hailed as a glorious return of an NCAA bowl to New York? I have no idea what you're talking about and what fandom you're a member of that causes you to have an inability to say the name of the team (or even in one instance to correctly spell "Spankee"), but you seem to be seeing a lot of insults and insanity that... just... doesn't exist.

In summation: Take it down a notch, Scotty.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Spazz out much?

I... I... What? Ow. My head hurts.

Has... has anyone in the course of New York history ever complained about football being played at Yankee Stadium? Was not one of the major pushes of the birth of the new stadium the fact that Yankee Stadium could once more be the home to numerous different sporting events. Was not the Pinstripe Bowl hailed as a glorious return of an NCAA bowl to New York? I have no idea what you're talking about and what fandom you're a member of that causes you to have an inability to say the name of the team (or even in one instance to correctly spell "Spankee"), but you seem to be seeing a lot of insults and insanity that... just... doesn't exist.

In summation: Take it down a notch, Scotty.

Difference between American football and English football is how spread out the players will be on the field. Whilst just a photo of yankee stadium having the spectators that far away at such odd angles seem to be excessively detrimental to the viewing experience as opposed to watching a match on the American Gridiron in the same venue. Judging by the best stadia in English footy the preferred configuration seems to be compact and vertical so you are looking down at the action.

Archived