All Purpose Stadium Thread

kw11333

• Replies 710
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fenway Park has been hosting enormous concerts for several years now with the stage out in center field.

fenway2.jpg

062912-the-wall.jpg

However Fenway also sometimes hosts smaller concerts with the stage set up atop the bullpens, facing the bleacher seats. They've done it with classical shows and the Dropkick Murphys a few years back and will be doing it for Jack White later this year. This appears to be a much nicer setup.

CLASS071610_Fenway_main.jpg

dropkick01.jpg

Showcasing fan-made sports apparel by artists and designers

These are Georgia State's plans for the Turner Field site. Turner Filed would be converted into a football stadium keeping the original part from the Olympic Stadium intact. Also the site of the old Fulton County Stadium would be used for baseball.

turner-field-gsu-concept-1*600.jpg

These are Georgia State's plans for the Turner Field site. Turner Filed would be converted into a football stadium keeping the original part from the Olympic Stadium intact. Also the site of the old Fulton County Stadium would be used for baseball.

turner-field-gsu-concept-1*600.jpg

Financed by private donations?

Seems backwards to me to turn a baseball stadium into a football one, only to then build a new baseball stadium nextdoor

This is atlanta and the state of georgia we're talking about here. They've never encountered a sports facility proposal that they didn't want to throw tens of millions of taxpayer dollars at. Logic be damned just build it because profit!

Seems backwards to me to turn a baseball stadium into a football one, only to then build a new baseball stadium nextdoor

It looks like the new baseball field will be on the site of old Atlanta-Fulton County Stadium so that the site of Hank Aaron's home run is preserved. Or that's what I'd assume

Who will play here? Not worth the cash if you can't bring in the a$$...es

Its the athletics village for Georgia State football and baseball. GA State just moved to the Sun Belt Conf in 2013 I think.

Well, kinda, it was built for track track and field, but the full intention was to be re-purposed into a baseball park.

I know, just funny the same stadium that was never built to be "multipurpose" will be used for 3 completely different sports.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived