Thrift Store Gems 2014

johnnysama

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Picked up an old S Moss (Goodwill $8.99) and newer replica R Mathews & Staal shirt (both TJ Maxx $7). My favorites are the older stuff from the SA...the 80's Kings t and LA Raiders sweatshirt, as well as the '97 Wallace & 2000's Van Horn Champion jerseys & a Starter Gugliotta Wolves jersey (all only $2-3 each). I'm keeping & probably wearing the vintage stuff. The others just for alternating display in my messy sports room.

12333594315_2c1d24550c_b.jpg

12333747353_5893d96e46_b.jpg

12334036314_4ecc80b603_b.jpg

Just out of curiosity, how often do you guys go thrifting?

I usually pop in to one about once a week. There are 7 thrift stores in Greensboro I visit, and I'd say I hit every one once a month, when I'm on their respective sides of town.

BigStuffChamps3_zps00980734.png

Just out of curiosity, how often do you guys go thrifting?

I go about once a week. They're usually quick stops around the five local stores, and most of the stores have them organized. I visit an out of the way Goodwill maybe once a month. That one usually has jerseys but they're either too big or expensive.

sig.jpg

Burlington Coat Factory in Salem, OR

Had a large "Chris Leak" orange Florida replica jersey #1 no name on back for $20

Didn't get it, hate the Gators, didn't want it in my house.

Huh... I *never* think to check Burlington. Is it even worth my time? I'll often hit up Ross and TJ Maxx since they're both close to each other downtown.

The Burlingtons here only have garbage from low-level licensees, mostly for crap soccer teams. I've seen some M&N snapbacks but that's it.

1zgyd8w.jpg

Found possibly the most amusing find of all-time: A Cincinnati Bengals jersey with Tinkerbell on the back and the #22 on it. The screen printing on the front and back numbers is somewhat peeling, but for $4, it was worth it for the amusement value. :D

UBwef0L.png

Went to my local Ross today. They had the following:

Cubs BP diamond Era hat

Rangers BP Diamond Era hat

Marlins 5950 (the one with the Marlin on it)

Padres 5950 (both the all green w/ brown SD and the navy w/ brown SD)

Cubs 5950

Nationals camo 5950

Nationals 5950 (DC stars and stripes)

and last but not least

a 2013 National League All Star diamond era BP hat (sadly it was a 7 7/8 or something huge)

Archived