North American Pro Soccer 2014

DS729

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If Xavi actually goes to NYCFC, which I'm not sold on, they probably would immediately be the most-hated MLS team in my book. Which just extends my hate to some of the cities' sports teams (Giants, Jets, Yankees). I'm scared at the potential buying power they might get over the rest of the MLS. It's giving me the chills.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

Logo to be released "in the next few weeks", as of January 10th.

And I'm pretty sure NYCFC and its fans are expecting to be hated. It's already there on Twitter and the like, a full-throated and irrational fear of the club. The Yankee connection, the Man City connection, the glamor of New York City, the deep pockets, the fact that MLS wanted a NYC club in the first place and was willing to work to get one, all of it.

MLS and the Caps are insisting a deal is in place for Lewis to be part of the Caps either on loan or transfer, but this doesn't exactly make the league or the club look very competent following on the heels of the Camillio debacle.

Lewis was apparently so excited about being drafted by Vancouver that he ran around his yard, so who knows?

MLS and the Caps are insisting a deal is in place for Lewis to be part of the Caps either on loan or transfer, but this doesn't exactly make the league or the club look very competent following on the heels of the Camillio debacle.

Lewis was apparently so excited about being drafted by Vancouver that he ran around his yard, so who knows?

Vancouver is just trying to out TFC Toronto.

1zqy8ok.gif

That's what everybody's presuming, but I don't think it's ever been confirmed.

Also looking at future seasons, there will be a Miami announcement in February: http://www.miamiherald.com/2014/01/17/3875613/mls-to-announce-plans-for-david.html So that's one more for the East. We'll see if they have a companion franchise to announce in the next year or so, and if so what that will do for the alignment.

So, this isn't 2014 but still relevant given its recent nature and isn't worthy of a new thread.... when NYCFC and OCSC join the MLS, are Sporting and Houston just going to go RIGHT back to the West? Otherwise we'd be at an imbalance of 12-9

They could go back to the 3 conference system at 7-7-7. Although that caused more problems than it will solve. I eventually hope the MLS just goes to a European-style table. With promotion/relegation in time. In time.

File:Virginia Tech Hokies logo.svg

I'd honestly be interested in that too, but the unfortunate thing is I don't think it would work just based on the fact that it didn't start that way, and people would probably be like "oh, all of a sudden we might not be in the league? Screw that." That and I'm pretty sure there's not a big enough base on our level 2.

OpBlHTc.png

cvovCn9.png

dbhfvu5-d7bc8ac6-699c-488b-9a0b-bbe95483

Archived