North American Pro Soccer 2014

DS729

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Love a team until a better one comes along, that is the American soccer fan way.

For Club (for now) and Country (of my ancestry or just a random team that might win the World Cup) indeed.

Any sport you play is going to lead to bandwagoners. But I would rather see Americans jumping on the Seattle Saunders or NYCFC bandwagon with no ties to the city versus somebody jumping on the Manchester United/Chelsea/Bayern Munich bandwagon.

Love a team until a better one comes along, that is the American soccer fan way.

For Club (for now) and Country (of my ancestry or just a random team that might win the World Cup) indeed.

I actually know some people that support an MLS team and a team in the NASL or USL-Pro. Since there is no pro/rel it allows people to support teams in multiple tiers of the American Soccer Pyramid.

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

Bradley Wright-Phillips just scored his third goal against the Sounders -- in a huge cloud that came from a smoke bomb from the stands. How is that possibly okay?

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Bradley Wright-Phillips just scored his third goal against the Sounders -- in a huge cloud that came from a smoke bomb from the stands. How is that possibly okay?

I know this is the NA Soccer thread but I'm going to encompass all of soccer in this: Why? Flares, smoke bombs, etc. Is it not enough to just watch the game? JFC. I'm sure that makes me sound old-fashioned or anti-football or something but damn, you can be at a game without having to bring incendiary devices.

Seems really dumb to me, and again, an obvious distraction. Take away a goal and award a red card and that stops real quick.

(Although, you could engage in some really easy subterfuge if you were a fan of the away team, so I don't know.)

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

A red card to whom?

Given that the Cosmos supporters fight each other, I have no doubt they'd have issues with the other NY clubs.

Buy some t-shirts and stuff at KJ Shop!

KJ Branded | Behance portfolio

POTD 2013-08-22

On 7/14/2012 at 2:20 AM, tajmccall said:

When it comes to style, ya'll really should listen to Kev.

A red card to whom?

Given that the Cosmos supporters fight each other, I have no doubt they'd have issues with the other NY clubs.

I have never heard that happening, not even on r/mls who would at least have a thread on that kind of thing.

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

And MLSE announces the latest makeover for BMO Field.

To be completed by May 2015:

-Addition on 8,400 seats (to bring the total up to 30,000)

-14 new suites/boxes

-2 new clubs and the expansion/renovation of 1 existing club

-new concourse on the upper bowl (currently there is only 1 concourse on 2 levels because only 1 side of the stadium has an upper bowl)

-brand new, larger HD videoboard.

To be completed by May 2016:

-"Canopy" to cover all the seating sections except the north end (this is not possible as there is no room in the north end, the food building for the Canadian National Exhibition is in the way)

- A new sound and lighting system

It's estimated to cost around 120 million with the city throwing in 10 million.

Personally, I don't see the need to expand BMO. Attendance has been up this year (thank you Defoe and Bradley) but I've still been to games on a Wednesday where the place is half full. A new sound system is needed though, you can hardly hear what is being said on currently.

The on-going talk is that the north end stands will be able to be destroyed/removed easily should the Argos make the move to BMO.

GTA United(USA) 2015 + 2016 USA Champions/Toronto Maroons (ULL)2014, 2015 + 2022 Gait Cup Champions/Toronto Northmen (TNFF)

Were you going to post that the Sounders are swooning again, and starting their swoon at almost the exact same time they did last year? Because the NYRB and FC Dallas losses were pretty bad.

Hopefully playing a Chivas franchise without a future gets them righted a bit. However I'm looking at the home/away games against LA Galaxy at the end of the season and not feeling so great about them.

Hopefully playing a Chivas franchise without a future gets them righted a bit.

If there is an MLS-equivalent of a slump buster, it's the future Sacramento MLS franchise playing out the string as Chivas.

Chivas looks terrible, but I'm sad I didn't make it to today's game. Erick Torres is a lot of fun........and he just scored!

Archived