North American Pro Soccer 2014

DS729

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The three teams that qualified for the CONCACAF Champions League by actually being good in MLS last year have all been eliminated from the competition.

Good job, good effort, :censored:ing idiots.

Who would have thought that the worst team in MLS last year and the worst team in MLS this year would be the league's remaining representatives.

2nn48xofg0hms8k326cqdmuis.gifUnited States (2016 - Pres)7204.gif144.gif

I was there and it was awesome. The Sounders were outshot something ridiculous like 12-3, but two of those sure counted.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Yay Sounders

Woot.

If today's game was any indication of a possible West Final between Seattle and LA, then all juicy for me (minus this game's result, of course). But it was chippy as hell, with I think 6-7 total yellow cards handed out (though surprisingly, no reds).

Yay Sounders

Woot.

If today's game was any indication of a possible West Final between Seattle and LA, then all juicy for me (minus this game's result, of course). But it was chippy as hell, with I think 6-7 total yellow cards handed out (though surprisingly, no reds).

Not surprising at all. There wasn't anything egregious enough for a red, though Oba Martins may have gotten away with an elbow as Galaxy set up for a corner. I missed the actual play, but LA was pissed.

But yeah, definitely chippy throughout. Also, I don't know the ref's name, but I've seen him ref games that have gotten out of hand before. He lets too much go; there should have probably been a couple more yellows throughout; I only remember about 5, with two coming really late.

1 hour ago, ShutUpLutz! said:

and the drunken doodoobags jumping off the tops of SUV's/vans/RV's onto tables because, oh yeah, they are drunken drug abusing doodoobags

Annoyingly, I think so.

The other clinching on Saturday was MNU clinching the overall best record. The road to the title goes through the frozen north.

Belated congrats on that.

I was on hand for the Cosmos' deeply unsatisfying throw-away-the-win-in-the-final-seconds draw tonight. That sets them up for the third seed, so they might well make the trip up to see you.

Good to see over 8,000 fans come out to Hofstra for a game after the Cosmos already clinched the playoffs. The atmosphere was amazing, exponentially better than the rather meek and limp stadium I sat in a few weeks ago.

Caps are in! Hell of a battle back and forth in the standings with Portland for the last playoff spot these past weeks.

I am thinking the 'Caps will have a hard road trip to Frisco for their play-off play-in match against Dallas. But at least they aren't playing LA Galaxy like their attempt at the play-in

Chivas USA officially ceased operations today.

New LA owners to be announced Thursday, and team will start play in 2017.

In the meantime, Houston and KC go back to the West to even the conferences at 10 each.

5963ddf2a9031_dkO1LMUcopy.jpg.0fe00e17f953af170a32cde8b7be6bc7.jpg

| ANA | LAA | LAR | LAL | ASU | CSULBUSMNT | USWNTLAFC | OCSCMAN UTD |

Damn the West is going to be stacked next year. They are basically taking out a perennial basement dweller in Chivas and are putting Kansas City (last year's champ) and Houston. In the mean time the East is going to replace them with two expansion teams in NYCFC & Orlando.

I don't really like the realignment either, but I'm not sure what they could've done differently, especially if the league insists on keeping the two-conference split. The way I see it, the only other options for negating the geographic imbalance would be to go to a single-table format or split into four, five-team divisions.

So with LA and Atlanta joining in 2017, and then whenever Miami joins, that will bring it to 12 teams in the East and 11 in the West. If I had to guess, MLS would probably stop expanding at 24. Could we possibly see a team in St. Louis? Where else could we see MLS put a team in?

I could see MLS going above 24 teams with more markets like San Antonio, Minnesota, Sacramento, and Indiana.

That's some cold :censored:.

What happens when LA comes back? Will Atlanta be playing then?

It may be cold but it's the smart thing to do.

Chivas USA had it's few good years from 2006-2009 but most of the time it was an embarrassing dumpster fire. That club deserves to be left in the dustbin of history just for that brutal HBO special alone.

Archived