Logos for Holidays. (Kwanzaa)

29texan

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

There are three wars in our nation's history that you have left out.

I was thinking 5, Revolutionary War, War of 1812, Mexican American War, Civil War and Spanish American War. Maybe 6 if you want to count the Cold War. But in fairness of the design, adding the pre-20th century wars would clutter the design and badly.

islandersscroll.gif

Spoilers!

• 4 weeks later...

I think you'd find a greater flexibility in using a software designed for 2D applications. If you need to go with something free, Inkscape is your best bet.

That said, the only thing I don't like about the Juneteenth logo is the shadow. Get rid of it, and you're golden.

rATMcmK.png

I think you'd find a greater flexibility in using a software designed for 2D applications. If you need to go with something free, Inkscape is your best bet.

That said, the only thing I don't like about the Juneteenth logo is the shadow. Get rid of it, and you're golden.

I could look into Inkscape.

But that's not a shadow. It's more an emboss... sort of. It represents two sides. One lighter, one darker, with the center being a "peak". I'm pretty sure you can draw the conclusion for what that means.

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png
8643298391_d47584a085_b.jpg

Your mention of the "peak" in the Juneteenth logo drew attention to something that's glaring to me now: The division line between red and blue falling just below the points of the star on the far sides. It's creating a lot of tension.

rATMcmK.png

You forgot Mardi Gras :(

Yeah... I was going to do that and Fat Tuesday, but long story short... I just forgot.

Your mention of the "peak" in the Juneteenth logo drew attention to something that's glaring to me now: The division line between red and blue falling just below the points of the star on the far sides. It's creating a lot of tension.

It is based on the flag, but I just added the different shades for effect.

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png

• 2 weeks later...

Not having the stripes vertical is jarring to the eye. Otherwise, clever.

... maybe I should have made them horizontal or curved like the bottom piece.

Now that I look at it again, they do look a bit off.

XXFrXXX.png?1

140khld.jpg
7fwPZnE.png

Archived